Jamaican guy takes on "Are Somalis Black?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somalis are not black. Point blank period!

@Knowthyself

200.gif

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
The truth is, Somalis themselves don't agree on an identity on the grand scale. Just look at the comments, and look at this thread.

Black, Arab, "Cushitic", "Puntetic", mushakal lol.

Why do ppl pretend to easily forget we're not decided on this, and then act shocked at the different strains of thought? :mjpls:
Horta you, Vixr, what do you believe. I see you using the word mushakal and SHEIT. We Wuz Arabz??
mjpls.png

The truth is, Somalis themselves don't agree on an identity on the grand scale. Just look at the comments, and look at this thread.

Black, Arab, "Cushitic", "Puntetic", mushakal lol.

Why do ppl pretend to easily forget we're not decided on this, and then act shocked at the different strains of thought? :mjpls:

I think we need a Somali version of the Christian council of Nicaea to decide once and for all what category Somalis fall under. I vote Chinese.

VixR

Veritas
Horta you, Vixr, what do you believe. I see you using the word mushakal and SHEIT. We Wuz Arabz??
mjpls.png
That's the Somali word for mixed?
Are you implying its an loan word?:mjlol:

Well geez maybe We Wuz Arabz have a point :russ:

I don't really care. I tick Black on forms probably like everyone else on here, but I have no special allegiance to Arabs or Blacks. My self-appointed angle on this forum is to clarify the crux of the problem at hand, and/or perform a thorough armchair psychoanalysis and social pathology:drakelaugh:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
We are black though. I don't get why people are getting mad over the video. If it wasn't for these somali coons people wouldn't be questioning if were black or not.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
We are black though. I don't get why people are getting mad over the video. If it wasn't for these somali coons people wouldn't be questioning if were black or not.
It's a non-question with a non-answer. There are no definitive categories for humanity. In the last century the Irish went from non-white to ordinary whites. Race is a social construct and it is all based on how you see yourself. Some Somalis don't feel that the "Black" category is accurate for them and it's just a way to lump all Africans into the same basket. Some Somalis see it as a label to be proud of and wear it loudly. Neither is any more or less valid. Race is a social construct and is ultimately meaningless. You can't decide how people see themselves.

Last edited:
These fucking retards believe Somalis who say "they're not black" think they're not black from a skin color perspective looool. They basically believe they're Somali from identity perspective. Black means blacks who don't have a culture or a home land who descendant from slaves.

Made up definition. If this was the case you would argue West Africans arent black but you dont.

It's a non-question with a non-answer. There are no definitive categories for humanity. In the last century the Irish went from non-white to ordinary whites. Race is a social construct and it is all based on how you see yourself. Some Somalis don't feel that the "Black" category is accurate for them and it's just a way to lump all Africans into the same basket. Some Somalis see it as a label to be proud of and wear it loudly. Neither is any more or less valid. Race is a social construct and is ultimately meaningless. You can't decide how people see themselves.
Agree. Debating over this is pointless. Let people ID as they want.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
I consider myself Black but what the f*ck does it have to do with this Jamaican prick? How is he going to tell me what I am? It annoys the f*ck out of the that they think they have the authority to inject themselves in Somali affairs like they know better than us. I'm going to tick White - Other from now on.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Made up definition. If this was the case you would argue West Africans arent black but you dont.
It's one definition of Black according to Wikipedia.
"For example, in North America the term black people is not necessarily an indicator of skin color or ethnic origin, but is instead a socially based racial classification related to being African American, with a family history mainly associated with institutionalized slavery."
While some may see it as stupid it's no less valid or invalid than any other opposing view. For all we know there are people out there who consider the only black people to be African Americans and no-one else, with Africans being African and not black.
This is annoying to talk about because we're talking about something so abstract and man-made I can't even talk about it without mentioning dissenting opinions.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Somalis are never accepted as black.
I personally identify as Somali only because if I'm going to accept a label that others have a 50% chance of denying or accepting then I'm going to spare myself the headache and take the label that I actually feel pride and investment in, that no-one can debate or impose on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts