Ive never met a Somali atheist?

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
  • Was told to memorise and never ask questions.
  • Because I'm a stupidly curious person, when I tried to get a better understanding, I was demonized for it because one should only "obey" and refrain from questioning.
  • Grew up with people who were born gallo
  • I have empathy for people.
  • Could not for the life of me reconcile with the thought that actual human beings, just like me, with limbs, hearts, dreams, desires, would burn in hell for eternity... For not being a Muslim.
  • So I look around to see what being a Muslim is and I see nothing but hypocrites pretending to be superior to others with no real tangible understanding of the deen, themselves, or the world around them.
  • Look around some more and realize on a fundamental level, there is something seriously wrong with people.
  • Down-ward spiral
  • Lots of change
  • Upward spiral
  • Lots of *painful* introspection and understanding
  • Early twenties now and I'm trying to cultivate a set of codes to live by.
First and foremost is to have compassion and love for all. Without this core tenet, there's no point to it all.

Oh btw to add on, I love to read and understand things. The world is a giant place with so much history and ideas that stretch as far back as the first written text. Pagan religions once ruled the world and to the people that worshiped the multiple Gods, it was as real to them as God is to us today.

What started me on this path is up above. But what has solidified my changed state about the deen is when I disengaged the fear of what would happen to me in the day of judgement from my subconscious mind as the driver of why I was doing the things I was doing.

Without fear, what is there to keep the slave in line?

Which is why I believe something as powerful as religion, or any practice for that matter, should come from a place of love, rather then fear for a person to live it the best way they can.

One does the minimum for fear, and the maximum for love.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts