Ive never met a Somali atheist?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
@TekNiKo You tell me. Why did God make apostasy punishable by death? doesn't that just make atheist resort to being Munafiqs since they wouldn't be able to come out?
You live in the West I assume who is gonna kill you? Come out and stop being a 2 faced munafaq.

You live in the West I assume who is gonna kill you? Come out and stop being a 2 faced munafaq.

My mom might not be capable of killing me but she would be so disappointed. Why is it so hard for you to understand that some people prioritise the sanity of their parent rather than their own?

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
My uncle is an atheist, my family disowned him. He's basically excommunicated. Killing atheists is not a realistic approach in this day and age, as there needs to be an islamic khalifah and the application of islamic governance and laws is required hence why excommunication is the most efficient response.:nvjpqts:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
My mom might not be capable of killing me but she would be so disappointed. Why is it so hard for you to understand that some people prioritise the sanity of their parent rather than their own?
Wow, these gaals never cease to amaze me. They value human emotions over the Lord. I would hate to have a kid like you, thank god my baby wont be exposed to kufr

Wow, these gaals never cease to amaze me. They value human emotions over the Lord. I would hate to have a kid like you, thank god my baby wont be exposed to kufr
:O27GWRK:You made a thread wondering why you never meet ex-muslim somalis in real life, not why they became ex Muslims. Our opinion on the lord is not the topic here but why we choose to hide it.
We don’t believe in Islamic allah, and the vast majority of ex-muslims would be agnostic/ashiest so yes we value real human emotions over a lord were not sure about.

Only way to debate ultra religious people is act like you’re clueless that’s when you start rationalising their train of thought it confuses them and makes them question what they’re preaching causing doubt. Walahi I’m a devil used to do this all the time for fun. :lolbron:

If it’s a herd then don’t bother the combined IQ some how decreases.

:O27GWRK:You made a thread wondering why you never meet ex-muslim somalis in real life, not why they became ex Muslims. Our opinion on the lord is not the topic here but why we choose to hide it.
We don’t believe in Islamic allah, and the vast majority of ex-muslims would be agnostic/ashiest so yes we value real human emotions over a lord were not sure about.

The rationale is that they believe it to the point that they can’t fathom anyone who would even suggest/think of leaving due to the sheep like mentality.

We’re sacrificing our happiness to not break our parents hearts. I’d rather live a double life, and constantly have to hide my true identity than to look in my mother in the eyes and tell here “hooyo gaal ban ahay.” I would never put her through that pain. It’s better I be unhappy than my mother have to carry that burden.

My uncle is an atheist, my family disowned him. He's basically excommunicated.

Your family did a good job :qri8gs7:

The truth is most ex-muslims have very little knowledge of the deen (i.e. grew up in non-practicing households) or they have been exposed to a corrupted brand of Islam (i.e. suffered childhood trauma for not learning Quran etc.)

There's a difference between regular Kaffirs and Munafiqs. Munafiqs are way worst and belong in the lowest depths of hell as Allah says. They pose a danger to the Muslim community. They are a threat to the Muslim community and treacherous by nature. During the prophets time, they would pretend to be Muslims but behind his back they would work with the enemy and try to destroy Islam. Abdullah ibn ubayy ibn Salul was one of them.

Allah revealed a whole surah called Surah al Munafiqun (Chapter 63) where he curses them and tells us how they are the enemies of Islam and Muslims. Allah talks about them in other parts of the Quran too. May Allah protect us from Hypocrisy and the hypocrites

1. When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.

2. They have taken their oaths as a cover, so they averted [people] from the way of Allah . Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.

3. That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

4. And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech. [They are] as if they were pieces of wood propped up - they think that every shout is against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

5. And when it is said to them, "Come, the Messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you," they turn their heads aside and you see them evading while they are arrogant.

6. It is all the same for them whether you ask forgiveness for them or do not ask forgiveness for them; never will Allah forgive them. Indeed, Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.

7. They are the ones who say, "Do not spend on those who are with the Messenger of Allah until they disband." And to Allah belongs the depositories of the heavens and the earth, but the hypocrites do not understand.

8. They say, "If we return to al-Madinah, the more honored [for power] will surely expel therefrom the more humble." And to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers, but the hypocrites do not know.

9. O you who have believed, let not your wealth and your children divert you from remembrance of Allah . And whoever does that - then those are the losers.

10. And spend [in the way of Allah ] from what We have provided you before death approaches one of you and he says, "My Lord, if only You would delay me for a brief term so I would give charity and be among the righteous."

11. But never will Allah delay a soul when its time has come. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

Beautiful recitation of this surah:it0tdo8:

The truth is most ex-muslims have very little knowledge of the deen (i.e. grew up in non-practicing households) or they have been exposed to a corrupted brand of Islam (i.e. suffered childhood trauma for not learning Quran etc.)

What on earth made you claim that statement. The overwhelming majority of Somalis have had some formal education in religion at a young age. Going to madrasa is literally part of Somali culture in the UK.
In fact it is well known that the majority of Somalis who became atheist were well versed in Islam.

We’re sacrificing our happiness to not break our parents hearts. I’d rather live a double life, and constantly have to hide my true identity than to look in my mother in the eyes and tell here “hooyo gaal ban ahay.” I would never put her through that pain. It’s better I be unhappy than my mother have to carry that burden.

Were you knowledgeable surrounding Islam? Or did you just leave to chase happiness'.

I know it’s nice to hang onto your straw man but it’s not true at all.
My family was very religous to the point I went to a private islamic secondary school. I even have a bloody grade A for my islamiyat qualification (which doesn’t mean a lot but still)
I’ve never been personally abused or have personal trauma, I was a teacher pet in dugsi. I was the model kid because I was good at memorisation and learning.
I left for other reasons. Most ex-muslim I know also were the same as me.
Laakin if believing that we only leave because we come from irreligious households and/or have childhood trauma, helps you sleep at night then carry on, that’s exactly why I left. :zhqjlmx: Hope you sleep well tonight walaal

It is also common that their main concern was a result of increased knowledge on the religion, eg. Discrepancies, contradictions, lack of consistent scientific logic.

Is this what you tell yourself to rationalize why people who basically had the same upbringing as you would leave Islam? If so, I’d encourage you to listen to our arguments against Islam more closely and not blankety dismiss us by assuming we’ve had traumatic childhoods or are uninformed about the “true” Islam. We have legitimate reasons for leaving Islam. Nobody chooses to leave the religion of their whole community for fun, there’s real legitimate reasons for our decisions and you should really listen to them and try to see it from our view if you care to understand.

I live my life openly as a gay Catholic. I bless myself infront of Somalis before eating and I wear a cross. No one dares to give me shit or I will use my xabad and ask questions later. As for the atheists, it's hard to come out as one not because it's dangerous for them but because they have no rituals or celebrations. You would have to randomly ask people until you find an atheist.

Trending