Ive never met a Somali atheist?

I know it’s nice to hang onto your straw man but it’s not true at all.
My family was very religous to the point I went to a private islamic secondary school. I even have a bloody grade A for my islamiyat qualification (which doesn’t mean a lot but still)
I’ve never been personally abused or have personal trauma, I was a teacher pet in dugsi. I was the model kid because I was good at memorisation and learning.
I left for other reasons. Most ex-muslim I know also were the same as me.
Laakin if believing that we only leave because we come from irreligious households and/or have childhood trauma, helps you sleep at night then carry on, that’s exactly why I left. :zhqjlmx: Hope you sleep well tonight walaal
Are you going to study the religion you left and reconsider it?

What on earth made you claim that statement. The overwhelming majority of Somalis have had some formal education in religion at a young age. Going to madrasa is literally part of Somali culture in the UK.
In fact it is well known that the majority of Somalis who became atheist were well versed in Islam.

Not true at all sxb, most Somali dugsis do not go beyond teaching kids to recite Quran like parrots, with no comprehension as to what they are reciting

@Cici & @beenleey

Well there is no use discussing this unless you disclose the reason you left the religion

You will find what I said to be true in the vast majority of cases, however there are of course exceptions

There are those who had knowledge, and even witnessed miracles with their own eyes, yet still turned away

Are you going to study the religion you left and reconsider it?
I’m an agnostic I’m not an atheist. I wouldn’t say that’s there’s absolutely no chance I’ll come back to Islam. In fact if I’d be happier if I could believe in allah and Islam so I wouldn’t have to create a double life (and also go to heaven yada yada).
But honestly? I feel like the chances are slim. :zhqjlmx:

I don’t think I plan to study Islam anytime soon. I’m not even sure if I believe in a higher power, forget studying a specific religion

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
There's a difference between regular Kaffirs and Munafiqs. Munafiqs are way worst and belong in the lowest depths of hell as Allah says. They pose a danger to the Muslim community. They are a threat to the Muslim community and treacherous by nature. During the prophets time, they would pretend to be Muslims but behind his back they would work with the enemy and try to destroy Islam. Abdullah ibn ubayy ibn Salul was one of them.

Allah revealed a whole surah called Surah al Munafiqun (Chapter 63) where he curses them and tells us how they are the enemies of Islam and Muslims. Allah talks about them in other parts of the Quran too. May Allah protect us from Hypocrisy and the hypocrites

1. When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.

2. They have taken their oaths as a cover, so they averted [people] from the way of Allah . Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.

3. That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

4. And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech. [They are] as if they were pieces of wood propped up - they think that every shout is against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

5. And when it is said to them, "Come, the Messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you," they turn their heads aside and you see them evading while they are arrogant.

6. It is all the same for them whether you ask forgiveness for them or do not ask forgiveness for them; never will Allah forgive them. Indeed, Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.

7. They are the ones who say, "Do not spend on those who are with the Messenger of Allah until they disband." And to Allah belongs the depositories of the heavens and the earth, but the hypocrites do not understand.

8. They say, "If we return to al-Madinah, the more honored [for power] will surely expel therefrom the more humble." And to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers, but the hypocrites do not know.

9. O you who have believed, let not your wealth and your children divert you from remembrance of Allah . And whoever does that - then those are the losers.

10. And spend [in the way of Allah ] from what We have provided you before death approaches one of you and he says, "My Lord, if only You would delay me for a brief term so I would give charity and be among the righteous."

11. But never will Allah delay a soul when its time has come. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do.

Beautiful recitation of this surah:it0tdo8:

I prefer this recitation, my biggest fear is to become a munafiq the lowest hell even lower than Ibliis is a munafaq! They are worst thhan him imagine that...

It is also common that their main concern was a result of increased knowledge on the religion, eg. Discrepancies, contradictions, lack of consistent scientific logic.

Discrepancies & contradictions like what sxb? I would like to hear your thoughts.

There are no discrepancies & contradictions in Islam. The most you could say is that there are things which cannot be confirmed nor denied.

I prefer this recitation, my biggest fear is to become a munafiq the lowest hell even lower than Ibliis is a munafaq! They are worst thhan him imagine that...
Mashallah, beautiful recitation:it0tdo8:

Is the sheikh Somali? I seen his name somewhere.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
I know it’s nice to hang onto your straw man but it’s not true at all.
My family was very religous to the point I went to a private islamic secondary school. I even have a bloody grade A for my islamiyat qualification (which doesn’t mean a lot but still)
I’ve never been personally abused or have personal trauma, I was a teacher pet in dugsi. I was the model kid because I was good at memorisation and learning.
I left for other reasons. Most ex-muslim I know also were the same as me.
Laakin if believing that we only leave because we come from irreligious households and/or have childhood trauma, helps you sleep at night then carry on, that’s exactly why I left. :zhqjlmx: Hope you sleep well tonight walaal
This further proves that guidance is from Allah and that imaan is a precious gift we should cherish. This is one of the signs of the day of judgement a believer will sleep believing and wake up as a kaffir. What our once sister in islam fails to understand is that we only want the best for her and actually care about her salvation however for the likes of her Allah has replaced her with many new muslims and many more inshallah

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I live my life openly as a gay Catholic. I bless myself infront of Somalis before eating and I wear a cross. No one dares to give me shit or I will use my xabad and ask questions later. As for the atheists, it's hard to come out as one not because it's dangerous for them but because they have no rituals or celebrations. You would have to randomly ask people until you find an atheist.
You see guys! Atleast hes not a hypocrite! We know where you stand. I prefer people like you 200x over the hidden coward.
Is this what you tell yourself to rationalize why people who basically had the same upbringing as you would leave Islam? If so, I’d encourage you to listen to our arguments against Islam more closely and not blankety dismiss us by assuming we’ve had traumatic childhoods or are uninformed about the “true” Islam. We have legitimate reasons for leaving Islam. Nobody chooses to leave the religion of their whole community for fun, there’s real legitimate reasons for our decisions and you should really listen to them and try to see it from our view if you care to understand.

Imaan is a gift from Allah SWT if you and @beenley had it taken away its your loss. Your parents clearly tried their best but as @Inquisitive_ mentioned many times these are the consequences of living in Western society

@beenleey @Life @Cici You are OUR somali gaalo:) as long as you guys dont talk shit about islam and somaliz...im suporting you guys, i hope you find the truth you looking for and one day realize that islam is the truth.

And to you other guys talking shit bout our gaalo..please mind your f*cking businesses....dont push them farther please and show them only love:it0tdo8:
We all have our own problems and we all do sins. Dont judge nobody,

I live my life openly as a gay Catholic. I bless myself infront of Somalis before eating and I wear a cross. No one dares to give me shit or I will use my xabad and ask questions later. As for the atheists, it's hard to come out as one not because it's dangerous for them but because they have no rituals or celebrations. You would have to randomly ask people until you find an atheist.
I have few Q... Are you like gay GAY..or just gay? :mjlol: and are you a giver or a receiver? Have you tried women before?
Sorry sxb i have to ask this...

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Imagine these folks pray right beside you, fast with you, no I understand why munafiqs are in the lowest depth of hellfire.
I feel you are mocking us muslims by trying to look down on athiest. While being one. All honesty. It will be hilarious, if this is the truth. You are always emitting a distinctive vibe, a vibe that makes me heedful around you.

Athiest:"Munafiqs are going to hell" :mybusiness::gaasdrink:

Muslim:"So true, f*ck them Munafiqs. They should all burn in hell. Those Khanis":pacspit:

Athiest: *while muttering* "So predictable":chrisfreshhah::dead::hemad::lolbron:

^^^^^This is every somali spot user. All hiding their true self from each other. Not wanting to expose themselves. If they only knew, they are all the same.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Most common atheist are just as bat stupid as believers, they don't even understand the scientific concept, trust me when you quiz them deeply. The issue with religion isn't about prove this and that, they never claimed this is about this world, its about some world after u die and they say while in this world do this and that and that. THEY RELY ON SIGNS also not scientific system, signs aren't bad, its like idea starter or a way to think a direction like CREATION DIRECTION VS NON CREATION

This is like theory that will never have evidence, since its about the next life. There are number of theories that we live in simulation, multiverse, etc. None of it can be proven cause u wud have to step out of the universe some-how like step out of grave and come back lol. So it's complex issue, they have a valid reason to make a theory there is god and this is what he wants and this is what u get in after life or their own simulation or multiverse and 'stacked up heaven levels'.

Science is answers about this universe only and there is clearly observable and provable system for that, it doesn't require faith unless of course its great idea that we can't prove yet or it come become an idea that we all once accepted untill tested its falsse. Scientific method works, it doesnt support what u like something to be how u want the outcome, u just want the outcome so your packed with knowledge on how to BUILD OR TACKLE AN ISSUE

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am not supportive of that yes or no answer in subjective matters, sometimes there is grey area. Thats why laws, philosophies, religions, economics, politics are un-answered, there is no one answer fits all, like say physical science of nuclear physics. Why one is physical, it is yes or no, true or false, extreme positions positive and negative, there is always two sides to it that are raging against it each other in the physical sense, but non physical no this very complicated matters and its as simple as atheist is right and muslim is right. Thats why i feel comfortable with nihilist, grey area, willing to evolve morals, philosophy, economic views, etc because we know theree is no answer. Islam has its own economic model and if it controlled the world, it can aply it and thats the end of it, its more about POWER THAT STUFF FIRST AND THEN INDOCTRINATE AND CREATE A WORLD THAT FITS YOUR NARRATIVE. CAPITALISM INAY WAXASI SAMAYSO WALA OG YAHAY NIYAHOW AMA SIYASAD MA NOQOTEEN IF IT WAS PURELY PERFECT ANSWER.

I may be gaal but I am MODERATE gaal iyo believer xaqqisa waan siiya why cause answers are possible anywhere

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I am not supportive of that yes or no answer in subjective matters, sometimes there is grey area. Thats why laws, philosophies, religions, economics, politics are un-answered, there is no one answer fits all, like say physical science of nuclear physics. Why one is physical, it is yes or no, true or false, extreme positions positive and negative, there is always two sides to it that are raging against it each other in the physical sense, but non physical no this very complicated matters and its as simple as atheist is right and muslim is right. Thats why i feel comfortable with nihilist, grey area, willing to evolve morals, philosophy, economic views, etc because we know theree is no answer. Islam has its own economic model and if it controlled the world, it can aply it and thats the end of it, its more about POWER THAT STUFF FIRST AND THEN INDOCTRINATE AND CREATE A WORLD THAT FITS YOUR NARRATIVE. CAPITALISM INAY WAXASI SAMAYSO WALA OG YAHAY NIYAHOW AMA SIYASAD MA NOQOTEEN IF IT WAS PURELY PERFECT ANSWER.

I may be gaal but I am MODERATE gaal iyo believer xaqqisa waan siiya why cause answers are possible anywhere
You are a gaal but still a qabilist:noneck:

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
I feel like this whole “omg lets beat up these atheists” thing breeds the munafiqs you complain so much about. Instead of hurting these people, we should let them be. Of course, teach your children about the deen and make them participate in it but at the end of the day, everyone has the right to make choices out their own volition.

They’ll face the wrath of Allah SWT of the Day of Judgement so who are we to be the judgers? I would rather someone not be part of Islam than them pretending to be Muslim just so that they don’t get denounced/beat up/killed.

Most Somalis I've met have been atheists.

They're easy to find, they'll only pray when being watched or reminded to save face.

Trending

Latest posts