I've always wondered if apostates....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I guess it makes sense as a desert-dweller shower with only high-traffic areas considered due to scarcity of water?

Other than wudu, and the special shower, there's no other hygiene rituals r there? Which, since an atheist wouldn't pray, he/she wouldn't do wudu, and since we'd obviously shower like a normal human being, the 'ghusl' question is lost..

Decent example, but my contention would be when you compare monotheism to polytheism even research suggests monotheism is more in line with our human nature (fitrah).
Also, I consider myself to be a true believer. Like there is absolutely no doubt in my heart about Islam being the way to success. But I'd be lying if I said I came to this point without a huge amount of research into practically everything else that is available.

As that is true for you, it is true for those who leave Islam too.

I guess it makes sense as a desert-dweller shower with only high-traffic areas considered due to scarcity of water?

Other than wudu, and the special shower, there's no other hygiene rituals r there? Which, since an atheist wouldn't pray, he/she wouldn't do wudu, and since we'd obviously shower like a normal human being, the 'ghusl' question is lost..
I was just wondering that's all...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As that is true for you, it is true for those who leave Islam too.
Of course I believe Allah guides those who He will, who want to be guided. But it's just my observation that most apostates don't know the basic tenets let alone obscure details.

There are some other things you need to know. For example, water conservation is one of top priorities for those who adhere to Islam and they are said to go so far as to conserve water from their deceased once they have died.

VixR

Veritas
Of course I believe Allah guides those who He will, who want to be guided. But it's just my observation that most apostates don't know the basic tenets let alone obscure details.
The rituals are relevant only with belief. The first of the five pillars of Islam is the shahada, and that's the article of faith. I'm pretty sure most ex-Muslims know Islam pretty darn well. Ghusl not being known to me is pretty much explained by it's irrelevance due to taking full showers daily and performing wudu as required, which I'm interested if there are others like me on here who never heard it b4 either.

My experience is the opposite. You hardly ever meet someone who was born into Islam that doesn't know the basic tenets.

VixR

Veritas
There are some other things you need to know. For example, water conservation is one of top priorities for those who adhere to Islam and they are said to go so far as to conserve water from their deceased once they have died.
It makes sense from a desert-dweller perspective. Also, all the water and greenery imagery in reference to paradise (gardens beneath which rivers flow). And rivers of milk and honey, which were also hot commodities, understandably, in the harsh bedouin culture. The whole thing reads like a oasis mirage of a thirsting desert-dweller amid a never-ending landscape of sand dunes and the occasional date palm tree.

It makes sense from a desert-dweller perspective. Also, all the water and greenery imagery in reference to paradise (gardens beneath which rivers flow). And rivers of milk and honey, which were also understandably hot commodities in the harsh bedouin culture. The whole thing reads like a oasis mirage of a thirsting desert-dweller amid a never-ending landscape of sand dunes and the occasional date palm tree.
:lolbron::lolbron::lolbron: I'm playing @VixR.

But yeah, you're right.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
ive know some atheist but their scared to tell their parents so they pray and fast just to not make it obvious

soo weird

Weird? People fear for their lives! Some, like me, would get disowned for simply making their own decisions and be thrown out to live on the streets! Most would come out if Muslim parents weren't so bloody stingy with their beliefs and forcing it down their children's throat.

Weird? People fear for their lives! Some, like me, would get disowned for simply making their own decisions and be thrown out to live on the streets! Most would come out if Muslim parents weren't so bloody stingy with their beliefs and forcing it down their children's throat.

They know damn well that Muslim communities keep people in the closet through fear, and that it's not weird, it is survival. I've noticed many Muslims love to try and gloat about that on the sly. They're trying to get some strange satisfaction out of pointing out the horrible experiences Muslim communties put people through. Now that's fucking weird.

They know damn well that Muslim communities keep people in the closet through fear, and that it's not weird, it is survival. I've noticed many Muslims love to try and gloat about that on the sly. They're trying to get some strange satisfaction out of pointing out the horrible experiences Muslim communties put people through. Now that's fucking weird.
Probably best you keep your dirty little secret to yourself because the rules won't change anytime soon.

What??!!
Where did you learn that, Shia books??

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Probably best you keep your dirty little secret to yourself because the rules won't change anytime soon.

So much for "peaceful Muslim."

I'm not demanding anyone to bloody accept my choices, all I'm demanding is for Muslims to accept my right to leave the cult of Islam! Why is it so hard for you lot to leave people be?!

It's not about rules, these people are not living in a shariah hell hole. It's about, firstly common decency, and second hypocrisy. A people who proselytize willing and everywhere, and yet keep their own children under mental servitude, are hypocrites. That's what is dirty. Not having an alternative belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts