I've always wondered if apostates....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the ritual cleaning before salah is called wudu, and that's the only one for salat unless you're coming from some alien sect I don't know about.
That's for minor impurity, for major impurity such as menses, intercourse, kufr ([emoji102]) there's ghusl.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Try to take all dirty images out of your head for a second. Honestly didn't think my post would take your minds down this track.
Sinister have you kept any practices person, social etc from Islam?

:williamswtf:Wtf, your the one who opened a thread to ask people about their private parts and their sexual practices. You get those imagaes out of YOUR head nayaa. :whoa:

I celebrate eid with fam and occasionally friends, I say assalamu alaikum to Muslim people, I wash my futo when I am in the lavatory (okay, are you happy now?), I can't think of anything else but there are probably others. These are out of habit, or to join in celebrations. I don't do anything for superstitious or religious reasons, obviously.

VixR

Veritas
That's for minor impurity, for major impurity such as menses, intercourse, kufr ([emoji102]) there's ghusl.

image.jpeg

Full body washing....in other words a shower. :what1:

:williamswtf:Wtf, your the one who opened a thread to ask people about their private parts and their sexual practices. You get those imagaes out of YOUR head nayaa. :whoa:

I celebrate eid with fam and occasionally friends, I say assalamu alaikum to Muslim people, I wash my futo when I am in the lavatory (okay, are you happy now?), I can't think of anything else but there are probably others.
Interesting...

VixR

Veritas
It's a shower yeah but there are steps you follow.
Now I'm starting to believe you guys never really gave Islam a chance though. Like you never even learnt the basics [emoji22]

image.jpeg

Whattt...are these the full directions? I can think of quite a few, erm, missing steps. :damedamn:

VixR

Veritas
Only part missing is to wash the feet at the end. But that's only if necessary, like if water was gathering where you were standing rather than flowing away.
Are all your showers like that, or do u take other other showers?

It's a shower yeah but there are steps you follow.
Now I'm starting to believe you guys never really gave Islam a chance though. Like you never even learnt the basics [emoji22]

You don't need to know much of anything about Islam to reject it. If there is something about the basic tenets you personally do not find to be true, that is all it takes.

For example, if someone does not believe a God exists, they can't be Muslim by definition. They don't need to know a damn thing else. Likewise, someone may believe a God exists, but not believe that this God sends messages to creation etc They can't be Muslim either, and they don't need to know anything else. All it takes is the one thing you do not believe to be true.

Most people who leave Islam simply do not believe in a personal God, oftentimes do not believe in God at all. Whether this person knows what ghusl is or not is completely immaterial.

You don't need to know much of anything about Islam to reject it. If there is something about the basic tenets you personally do not find to be true, that is all it takes.

For example, if someone does not believe a God exists, they can't be Muslim by definition. They don't need to know a damn thing else. Likewise, someone may believe a God exists, but not believe that this God sends messages to creation etc They can't be Muslim either, and they don't need to know anything else. All it takes is the one thing you do not believe to be true.

Most people who leave Islam simply do not believe in a personal God, oftentimes do not believe in God at all. Whether this person knows what ghusl is or not is completely immaterial.
How do you disbelieve in something you have very little if any knowledge of?
The truth is you accepted the modern theories created to discredit the existence of a Conscious Creator, and without those theories I don't think you could justify your disbelief rationally.

VixR

Veritas
It is actually a valid shower as long as you do the wuddu and wash your entire body.
But this full shower has more reward.
I was taught to take showers every inch, head to toe, with no recollection of a spontaneous wudu smack dab in the middle of the shower as basic hygiene. Separately, I was taught wudu for salat.

How do you disbelieve in something you have very little if any knowledge of?
The truth is you accepted the modern theories created to discredit the existence of a Conscious Creator, and without those theories I don't think you could justify your disbelief rationally.

Let me give you an imperfect example you may have some sympathy with. You believe there is only One God and not Multiple Gods. Therefore you reject, for example, Hinduism simply on principle. You don't need to know anything else about Hinduism, just that they have multiple Gods which you believe to be completely untrue. You don't necessarily need to know anything beyond that.

Likewise, there are many many many religions in this world both you and I reject knowing next to nothing about them.

If you don't believe a God exists, all religions with therefore be the same, in that all religions would therefore not ring true for you.

I don't really want to get into why I don't believe in Islam, it's too long. Safe to say, your second sentence is patronizing and untrue.

VixR

Veritas
I'm surprised you didn't know that lol
Just now hearing it. But that 'shower' is incomplete. If u get the same benefits with an actual shower + wudu, I can see why that would go without special instruction.

That said, I can't believe there's shower steps outlined to begin with lol.

Let me give you an imperfect example you may have some sympathy with. You believe there is only One God and not Multiple Gods. Therefore you reject, for example, Hinduism simply on principle. You don't need to know anything else about Hinduism, just that they have multiple Gods which you believe to be completely untrue. You don't necessarily need to know anything beyond that.

Likewise, there are many many many religions in this world both you and I reject knowing next to nothing about them.

If you don't believe a God exists, all religions with therefore be the same, in that all religions would therefore not ring true for you.

I don't really want to get into why I don't believe in Islam, it's too long. Safe to say, your second sentence is patronizing and untrue.
Decent example, but my contention would be when you compare monotheism to polytheism even research suggests monotheism is more in line with our human nature (fitrah).
Also, I consider myself to be a true believer. Like there is absolutely no doubt in my heart about Islam being the way to success. But I'd be lying if I said I came to this point without a huge amount of research into practically everything else that is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts