It's time to let Somaliland go.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Just pointing out your arrogance, it's been on display recently. If Somaliland is recognized, Awdal will be included. That is a given. Without Awdal, it cannot be. Legally speaking that is. I wonder, what exactly is this foreign power you speak of? Who could possibly benefit from splitting up SL? Must be Ethiopia, well in that case it would be a satellite state and would never be recognized by anybody. Such a move would also be condemned internationally. You can't just casually create states
When the International Community gives SL the recognition, I am sure the IC will be ok with a referedum in Awdal about choosing to go with Somaliland, stay with Somalia or be independent.

Remember there are many ways to cut the cake and SL is not the one holding the knife.

When the International Community gives SL the recognition, I am sure the IC will be ok with a referedum in Awdal about choosing to go with Somaliland, stay with Somalia or be independent.

Remember there are many ways to cut the cake and SL is not the one holding the knife.
Why would they allow a referendum RIGHT after recognition? Don't you think they would've grown tired of cutting the cake?

And also they really wouldn't be given that this would open a new precedent for others with such agendas to follow. Very different

How? The Hawd would just be captureas and that would be it. Dream of having a functional government
Isn’t the Hawd legally apart of Ethiopia? You do realize if SL claims it then they lose all credibility in everyone’s eyes? Plus Hawd is inhabited by many clans so when you say Hawd, you really mean the Isaaq areas and not Dir or Darood areas.

Isn’t the Hawd legally apart of Ethiopia? Ypu do realize if SL claims it then they lose all credibility in everyone’s eyes? Plus Hawd is inhabited by many clans so when you say Hawd, you really mean the Isaaq areas and not Dir or Darood areas.
I meant the Hawd Reserve Area and after recognition.

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Isn’t the Hawd legally apart of Ethiopia? You do realize if SL claims it then they lose all credibility in everyone’s eyes? Plus Hawd is inhabited by many clans so when you say Hawd, you really mean the Isaaq areas and not Dir or Darood areas.
Well said Ayubi.
Most of Hawd and Reserve area is Harti and Ogaden Land.

We have a claim to it as the British also had control over it partially at one point (as a protectorate).

The Foreign Powers would’ve already asked for a Somaliland-Awdal meeting to at least have the discussion which would’ve been mediated by the Foreign Powers.

Discussion talks is unavoidable it’s the first step in any potential secession. Keep dreaming kid

I saw a lot of Somaliland flags come down after Dahir Riyale stepped down. Also, I attended a couple of qabil meetings where they were raising funds for back home, this was some serious money and not the usual funeral/wedding money. They don't support Somaliland, unless you vote one of them in which is probably never going to happen again.

Trending

Latest posts