Is Somalia being Arabized?

How are Somalis being Arabized when they can't even speak the language?

:mjpls:

Somalis are more likely to speak English as a second language than Ayrabic, wear the Indonesian sarong rather than the khamiis for prayer (and especially in everyday life), eat Yemeni Jew lahoh than eat kuboos, watch Bollywood with Somali voice overs than their shitty soap operas, listen to western songs than their songs

.... the list is endless.

:ulyin:

Somalia is slowly being Arabized and I'm proud of that fact. We need to abandon the Somali language and adopt Arabic which was our original language. Let the Arabization happen faster!

The people in the video are arab born (saudi) who are going back to Somalia. Thats why they're speaking it

They might have been deported. The girl at 1:35 says "Maafi Iqama" which means she didn't have a residence visa.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Have you heard some of your aunts? Please dont tell me you haven't got one aunt whose got a deeper voice than you kkkk

Honestly no lol that's why I'm surprised you agree with ayubi. If anything I feel like somali makes women sound quite feminine excluding certain regions of course.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
They might have been deported. The girl at 1:35 says "Maafi Iqama" which means she didn't have a residence visa.

Most Somalis born in Saudi arabia have never been given a passport my uncle who was born near medina always had a somali passport. It's difficult to do anything without one they can deport you whenever they want ,now he lives in Malaysia now though.

Most Somalis born in Saudi arabia have never been given a passport my uncle who was born near medina always had a somali passport. It's difficult to do anything without one ,now he lives in Malaysia now though.
True, I have family who live in Jeddah and they have a Somali passport. You need an Iqama (residence Visa) to live there and it comes with certain conditions like work and sponsor I believe.

Trending

Latest posts