Is becoming a Single mother inevitable?

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Every woman ik is a single mother. My cousin got married 3 years ago and even she got divorced cus she got cheated on. Even If i had a gun to my head I cant name one somali couple. I even grew in a single mother household including all my direct cousins that live here. Is this a common thing?

Last edited:

NidarNidar

Punisher
Most of these marriages are usually done in their early 20s, it is guaranteed not to work out, one of the main reasons why I haven't married yet.

Take your time finding the right match, lower your expectations and don't squabble like kids,

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Most of these marriages are usually done in their early 20s, it is guaranteed not to work out, one of the main reasons why I haven't married yet.

Take your time finding the right match, lower your expectations and don't squabble like kids,
Looking at my sorroundings, I have learnt to not expect much. Knowing me, I’ll become a single mom ik it 🤷‍♀️

Somali society is in total shambles right now. The nuclear household broke apart with the country's total collapse.
Just make sure you find a good man who is compatible with you. Qashin ha guursan.
same goes for the dudes.

:faysalwtf: I find myself in women's den once again.
didn't read, apologies ladies.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Somali society is in total shambles right now. The nuclear household broke apart with the country's total collapse.
Just make sure you find a good man who is compatible with you. Qashin ha guursan.
same goes for the dudes.

:faysalwtf: I find myself in women's den once again.
didn't read, apologies ladies.
Me n u against the world baby 🥰

I'd put it down to multiple factors
I doubt couples spend a lot of time getting to really know eachother and fully assessing eachother as life long mates. 2) Western Somalis also inherit certain dysfunctional aspects of western family life whilst also losing the traditional islamic ones.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Every woman ik is a single mother. My cousin got married 3 years ago and even she got divorced cus she got cheated on. Even If i had a gun to my head I cant name one somali couple. I even grew in a single mother household including all my direct cousins that live here. Is this a common thing?
What country do you live in?

Trending

Latest posts