Status
Not open for further replies.
i have discovered this cult called pan africanism in the last two month through this guy called umar johnson that my Caribbean friend recommended to me when he quoted him in discussion we had in uni about the dark Continent :gaasdrink:

i had a look at a lot of his videos so far all i know about him is that he is some kind of a Psychologist and tours around the world preaching the gospel of pan africanism :noneck:, an ideology that basically lumps together all Africans into the same ethnic,racial and cultural group:shookgabre:. i uncovered that this is most likely the source that all the BLM somali girls get their weak talking points and arguments from:fittytousand:.

this guy says that the amazighs of north african are not indigenous :draketf:

he says africans share a common ancestral background, phenotype and culture.

he even says that east african cushites look the way they look because Arabs raped and pillaged the horn of africa once upon time, even though this is false the darood and isaaq origin myth would strengthen his argument :damedamn:

i looked into the pan african wiki page and it states that even malcolm x was a pan africanist(don't know if this is true or not) :cosbyhmm:

does anyone here know of this character and the pan African ideology if so what are your views on it ??

Well I would say Umar Johnson is a horrible example of Pan Africanism....

I think it is only fair to talk about it's more sophisticated spokesman like Kwame Nkrumah..... or I think Malcolm X was a Pan-Africanist...

in any case, I notice- I think Pan-Africanism will never take off among Somalis.... I think Somalis have a cultural thing against it....

I don't think I'm really for it or against it... I don't think I really have an opinion on it......

I believe in Pan-Islamic unity

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Pan-Africa is the future as long as we get to control immigration into our own countries.

Somalis would be all over its ruling institutions like flies on shit.

Our only contenders are the Xabashi and norf Africans that we could push out by supporting black African only populist ideology :siilaanyolaugh:

By 2050 there'll be 2 to 2.5 billion Africans.

A 20-30 trillion dollar economy. (Somalia's GDP is @ 8 billion ATM)

If we aren't part of it then we won't be able to take part in the feast.

Pan-Africa is the future as long as we get to control immigration into our own countries.

Somalis would be all over its ruling institutions like flies on shit.

Our only contenders are the Xabashi and norf Africans that we could push out by supporting black African only populist ideology :siilaanyolaugh:

By 2050 there'll be 2 to 2.5 billion Africans.

A 20-30 trillion dollar economy. (Somalia's GDP is @ 8 billion ATM)

If we aren't part of it then we won't be able to take part in the feast.
who is the feast?? the Madows?? :ayaanswag:
and why would u want to push out north africans?? do u seem them as competition :mugshotman:
i understand xabashi as they are our long time rivals from day one :fittytousand:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Pan africanism is a hoax movement. Africa will stay the same and it's leaders will continue to deceive their subjects until the end of times. Africa is a lost cause no need to cling on it.

Kratos

Sonder
It depends. I am against any form of cultural/national integration of the continent unless Somalia is left out but an economic union would be beneficial to us all. The easiest way to push for an economic union would be through pan-Africanism so we should just play along. I could care less about being African though, it has no meaning to me as an identity.

Kratos

Sonder
It depends. I am against any form of cultural/national integration of the continent unless Somalia is left out but an economic union would be beneficial to us all. The easiest way to push for an economic union would be through pan-Africanism so we should just play along. I could care less about being African though, it has no meaning to me as an identity.
In the same way that we are not Arab but are part of the Arab world.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
who is the feast?? the Madows?? :ayaanswag:
and why would u want to push out north africans?? do u seem them as competition :mugshotman:
i understand xabashi as they are our long time rivals from day one :fittytousand:

Feast as in the 20+ trillion dollar market.

Just 1% of that is 30x our current economy.

Norf sandkneegrows aren't seen as our competitors because our interests don't overlap like they do with the Xarbashi.

However, once we're in some sort of an economic union they'll be our biggest competitors.

TheChauvinist

Men are better than Women.
i have discovered this cult called pan africanism in the last two month through this guy called umar johnson that my Caribbean friend recommended to me when he quoted him in discussion we had in uni about the dark Continent :gaasdrink:

i had a look at a lot of his videos so far all i know about him is that he is some kind of a Psychologist and tours around the world preaching the gospel of pan africanism :noneck:, an ideology that basically lumps together all Africans into the same ethnic,racial and cultural group:shookgabre:. i uncovered that this is most likely the source that all the BLM somali girls get their weak talking points and arguments from:fittytousand:.

he even says that east african cushites look the way they look because Arabs raped and pillaged the horn of africa once upon time, even though this is false the darood and isaaq origin myth would strengthen his argument :damedamn:

Those types are not true Pan-AFricans. They are Afrocentrics.

Feast as in the 20+ trillion dollar market.

Just 1% of that is 30x our current economy.

Norf sandkneegrows aren't seen as our competitors because our interests don't overlap like they do with the Xarbashi.

However, once we're in some sort of an economic union they'll be our biggest competitors.
but why do u have to be a pan africanist to feast on other african economies?? :ileycry:
somalis are currently doing that in Tanzania, kenya and many other african nation without having this ideology of being the same race or ancestral background as them :ayaanswag:
IN fact one of the reasons somali succeeded in these african nations is because they practice Economic discrimination:siilaanyosmile:, they only invest in somalis and only employ somali
that's why we have a lil reputation for the jews of africa in those countries we do business in:dabcasar:

i looked into the pan african wiki page and it states that even malcolm x was a pan africanist(don't know if this is true or not) :cosbyhmm:

does anyone here know of this character and the pan African ideology if so what are your views on it ??
I was a pan africanist when i was younger, because it felt right and i didn't have a clear knowledge of the people on the continent. But that shit would never work. The thing that we need is more like an economic union, that helps build infrastructure for trade and special union that only includes our own currency that exludes outside speculation from other countries. Because now we are too vulnerable to western countries and china. This might not happen right away, but in the near 50-100 years, some big economic reform needs to happen, because most of the african countries have not reached industrialisation. And most part of the western world are using AI to outperform us, so we can't even give them any value other than bad leverage for our minerals. We have to make some type of big leap to survive, and a union with the other african nations is actually a good start. But it has to be a real thing, not like this Arab league bs

Last edited:
Pan-Africanism is only a dream. Africans are tribal people and don't feel related to other Africans

An African Federation is impossible to achieve but an EU type model is possible in the future but there are lots of obstacles before Africa could reach it. Africa needs well functioning regional economic communities before trying to create an integrated African continent.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
but why do u have to be a pan africanist to feast on other african economies?? :ileycry:
somalis are currently doing that in Tanzania, kenya and many other african nation without having this ideology of being the same race or ancestral background as them :ayaanswag:
IN fact one of the reasons somali succeeded in these african nations is because they practice Economic discrimination:siilaanyosmile:, they only invest in somalis and only employ somali
that's why we have a lil reputation for the jews of africa in those countries we do business in:dabcasar:

Pan-Africanism will give us full access to their economies.

The Somali businesses in Tanzania, Uganda and etc can only operate in certain sectors and are forced to pay ridiculous bribes; even more so than Indians and other foreigners.

Pan-Africanism in my mind is just another name for a tighter economic union... Not some forced cultural/ethnicity mixing pot.

That's unless we can't control our borders... If that's the case then I'm not interested.

It would give us access to a huge market and an excuse to limit the influence of cadaans and Asians.

Normal economic unions can be infiltrated by them but one based on Pan-Africanism can't.

I'm not related to people from Nigeria or Congo why should I a proud somali be a pan Africanist. Lol:mjlol:

Nothing will unite Africans. It's just a dream.

Keeysan

The humble one
Is the arab league thing like pan africanism? @The alchemist

I got an insight into the movement down in the EAC. It seems pan africanism is not about some harmonized economic unity, AU already serves that purpose.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It has a very strong attachment to a social aspect. It emphasizes ‘brotherly’ love if I can say, like how a Malawian can enjoy and engage in music and dance with a Ghanaian freely.
You might hear about something (I think a southern African word) called Ubuntu/togetherness but the way people can get slashed in other people’s lands contradicts this sht. Superficially it’s fine, but skin deep...big ass No

Last edited:
Is the arab league thing like pan africanism? @The alchemist

I got an insight into the movement down in the EAC. It seems pan africanism is not about some harmonized economic unity, AU already serves that purpose.

It has a very strong attachment to a social aspect. It emphasizes ‘brotherly’ love if I can say, like how a Malawian can enjoy and engage in music and dance with a Ghanaian freely.
You might hear about that southern african word, ubuntu (togetherness) but the way people get slashed in other people’s lands contradicts this sht. Superficially it’s fine, but skin deep...big ass No
African union only as an economic entity. I was using the arab league as an example of a failed union, since somalia has never benefited from it since it got involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending