Interracial marriage advice

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Im sorry you feel that way due to previous experiences. I dont know what to say other than why would i spend my time making up a false story. The internet is a mysterious place.

If it isn't too difficult I hope that people from this community will take this topic seriously instead of trolling. I also hope that people can come with something helpful or insightful instead or spite and judgement. However, I am aware thats hard to ask for when the internet is a mixture of all kinds of people. So if you choose to be negative I hope inshallah that you'll get some happiness in your life that triumphs over any hate in your heart for strangers.
images.jpeg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

muh 2 cents is think about it thoroughly and if you believe he's the one then go through with it. Life's too short and you've only got one chance at it

Im gonna ignore the meme.

I been thinking about this for 2 years, and as i wrote we are compatible in many ways. The only thing i was curious about was advice, or either stories people had with a similar situation that was either a success or went horribly wrong and how and why that is.

What does he do for a living and are his family and friends attending for wedding

Still in college, and so am I.

He didnt ask for my hand in marriage yet officially by going to my parents, since we talked about it being important to have stability first before building a life together. So as for now we are focussed on our career paths, so when the time comes we'll be taken seriously by our parents since we've made plans for a long time. :)

Still in college, and so am I.

He didnt ask for my hand in marriage yet officially by going to my parents, since we talked about it being important to have stability first before building a life together. So as for now we are focussed on our career paths, so when the time comes we'll be taken seriously by our parents since we've made plans for a long time. :)
What country he's from?

I think it’s clear to point out your future Arab Husband isn’t just marrying you he’s marrying into your family.

Thats the thing, I believe that family is an important thing. I want him to get along with my family, and get along with his. However, sometimes you cant make everyone happy and some people will be racist and judge that he isnt somali. So my mindset atm is that getting along with my parents and siblings is the most important thing, and the rest can try to get to know him and open their hearts to accept a non-somali. Thats why I have a dilemma how the wedding will be like and how i should go about it, or if its even worth it at all. I was hoping someone whos been through something similar could advice me on that part
:sass2:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'll give you the truth about Somalis. They are on average less restrictive in their dealings with women than Arabs (especially Gulf ones). However, this could be offset through a western upbringing. As one raised in the Middle East is different from one born here (second generation). Also, beyond a shared faith and a couple loan words I don't know where these similarities are?

Somalis consider them foreigners as they aren't Somali and with that comes a lack of intimate details about the dynamics within their respective communities. You can't call up habo asking information about *the Arab guy's family*. This would help you to triangulate data points and figure out if what he says is consistent with who he is.

Two years is a sufficient amount of time in order to know whether to proceed forward with marriage. Any longer and it's coasting. I think you're getting too emotionally invested if you ask my opinion (this feels like a g/f and b/f situation). You're young so there are other fish in the sea but if you're adamant go for it. No one is stopping you.

I wouldn't worry about racism from your family. Of course, a few will be weirded out at the fact that you are marrying an Arab man and will have many questions and maybe offensive jokes. But it's just curiosity/banter that will die down after the marriage. Anyways, the only opinion that matters at the end of the day is that of yours parents. Somaalidu waa dad qalbi nadiifsaan.

I'd worry about racism from his family. Do they know that you guys are seeing each other? Do you know how his parents are like? They could be racists for all you know...

Thats the thing, I believe that family is an important thing. I want him to get along with my family, and get along with his. However, sometimes you cant make everyone happy and some people will be racist and judge that he isnt somali. So my mindset atm is that getting along with my parents and siblings is the most important thing, and the rest can try to get to know him and open their hearts to accept a non-somali. Thats why I have a dilemma how the wedding will be like and how i should go about it, or if its even worth it at all. I was hoping someone whos been through something similar could advice me on that part
:sass2:

Has he already sampled the goods? (Serious question)

Has he already sampled the goods? (Serious question)

In relation to this question, I know a couple that were in a similar situation during our first year in university (both non Somali but Muslim). The guy has and is still sampling the goods 6 years later with no wedding ring on the girls finger

There’s a lesson in there somewhere..

Last edited:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
In relation to this question, I know a couple that were in a similar situation during our first year in university (both non Somali but Muslim). The guy has and is still sampling the goods 6 years later with no wedding ring on the girls finger
Some girls will do anything if they're in "love". :francis:

@Desert Flower is becoming one hell of a troll
:farmajoyaab:
It took me a while to figure out the new nick
Have we interacted before? Do I know you nigga?

If I wanted to make a thread about IR relationships I would’ve made done it with my chest and used my actual account. This ain’t reddit with the “throwaway account” ish.

Besides, it doesn’t take much for my threads to get trending anyways...I should teach a class of some sort.

Trending