Intellectual inferiority of somalis

Muji

VIP
Somalis are not intellectually inferior so explain why Somalia has been the way it is for the past 30 years (100 marks).

Muji

VIP
I got mainly Bcs and Cs for my GCSE’s I did higher paper and was in set 2s . I could have got As if I had spent less time playing football games . A significant portion of Somali underachievement is caused by lack of proper study environment at home or parents not understanding how much work needs to be done at home .

Many Somali and Afro Caribbean kids enter secondary schools with similar or even higher levels of attainment than their counterparts but they drop off and are left behind after 2 years .

Bonus question

What could we infer about your intelligence from the fact that you chose to play video games rather than study? (25 marks).

Muji

VIP
The biggest pitiful of Somalis isn’t even their intelligence.

It’s that they lack the ability to swap instant gratification for a later reward which is higher.

Most s would fail the marshmallow task in that they want instant reward rather than to hold out and work towards a bigger reward in the future.

Just look at @MARAQ DIGAAG he chose to play video games which had an instant reward, in the here and now (although the reward was meaningless) rather than study and wait for a reward that would have come at a later stage but the value would have been higher. If you look at Somalia it’s the same shit there, people would rather help their qabil make small wins here and there instead of holding out and working towards a bigger reward, like country unity.

The marshmallow test predicts how someone will do in education, career, IQ test and personal relationships. And it’s something you all should look into if you want to improve your decision making.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

It’s that they lack the ability to swap instant gratification for a later reward which is higher.

Most s would fail the marshmallow task in that they want instant reward rather than to hold out and work towards a bigger reward in the future.

Just look at @MARAQ DIGAAG he chose to play video games which had an instant reward, in the here and now (although the reward was meaningless) rather than study and wait for a reward that would have come at a later stage but the value would have been higher. If you look at Somalia it’s the same shit there, people would rather help their qabil make small wins here and there instead of holding out and working towards a bigger reward, like country unity.

The marshmallow test predicts how someone will do in education, career and personal relationships. And it’s something you all should look into if you want to improve your decision making.

Its simply a test for determining ones capacity to delay gratification. :trumpsmirk:And if you don't consume processed sugar period it won't work. One can waste their time in other ways, never truly mastering a subject and staying average once their skills are adequate enough.

People can also be disciplined in some ways and not others. :mjlol: They also create these cognitive barriers for themselves. I'm of the impression that if you're at least of average intelligence you can become a virtuous in an area/domain, overtaking those with greater talent. The thing is most people are constantly distracted or simply don't care enough to change their behaviour/improve. They probably also fear intellectually extending themselves will make them less relatable (to their peers/similar others).

Muji

VIP
Its simply a test for determining ones capacity to delay gratification. :trumpsmirk:And if you don't consume processed sugar period it won't work. One can waste their time in other ways, never truly mastering a subject and staying average once their skills are adequate enough.

People can also be disciplined in some ways and not others. :mjlol: They also create these cognitive barriers for themselves. I'm of the impression that if you're at least of average intelligence you can become a virtuous in an area/domain, overtaking those with greater talent. The thing is most people are constantly distracted or simply don't care enough to change their behaviour/improve. They probably also fear intellectually extending themselves will make them less relatable (to their peers/similar others).

Nice, you seem well versed in this area. What do you study by the way?

Bonus question

What could we infer about your intelligence from the fact that you chose to play video games rather than study? (25 marks).
Inferences have to be based on logic and reasoning . What you can’t infer is that I wasn’t intelligent because I was a set 2 student with minimum effort .

I didn’t fail my GCSEs . I got into A Levels and took the same courses as the the students who got into As and who came from middle class families .

My results were good considering that at age of 14 , my school put me in low class sets and effectively told me I wasn’t capable of doing higher papers . With no parental support , I had to work my arse off to move up to the higher classes .

I came to the country at a young age with no previous schooling and was one of the brightest kids in my school within 2 years . I didn’t even know how to hold a pen when I started . My school was so astonished they got a UNI to do some research on me .That example alone shows intelligence is not always necessarily something inherited . I was able to progress so quickly in that age of period because of the family learning environment .

You have to understand myself and many young Somali men got through school and uni ,whilst coming from backgrounds of community trauma ;family breakdown ; having siblings with criminal histories etc as role models ;female members suffering from depression ;or ,losing friends/family to violence at a young age and so and so forth . The Marshmallow test doesn’t take those factors into consideration .

You simply can’t compare our experiences with settled , middle class migrant communities , who have all the support they need from a young age.

Somalis have a lot of potential like many other people . there are many variables involved in educational achievement.

Gambar

VIP
Somalis are not ambitious and they like short cuts. Most Somalis don’t understand the value of hard work.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
This myth really needs to die. Every moderately intelligent Somali male student who studied got top marks in my old school, beating all the Asians and Cadaans. I rarely studied, and even when I did, I studied the night before. Somalis are intellectually lazy, not retarded.

Somali parents fail in providing the environment and ambition for their kids to succeed academically. They never help with homework or after school activities or take an active interest in the kids lives.

I was very lucky to have parents who were both english-speaking professionals who took an interest in my studies and hobbies, but most Somali kids aren't so lucky. They have elderly qabiilist fathers in the Maqaaxi and welfare scamming mothers who could barely speak two words of English, despite living in the UK for years.
You're right. Ever Somali I knew in uni had no issues getting top marks when we took a course seriously, myself included. If I had the drive, I have no doubt I could of graduated Summa Laude.

EmperorHeir

Gadabuursi ha nool
Very true @ the 'We are perspicaciously slothful' verbal expression. This comes down to lamentable environment. And withal the only reasons why Asians and cacadaans score high, is because they are convivially perceived to score high. So most likely the cadaan and Asian parents will optate to keep it like that by coercing them to study hard. Whereas for Somalis, we are gregariously perceived to score very low. And we have no one to incriminate but ourselves to be veracious. We can facilely change that in the next generation. I veraciously cerebrate we Somalis are the most intelligent compared to other races.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Very true @ the 'We are perspicaciously slothful' verbal expression. This comes down to lamentable environment. And withal the only reasons why Asians and cacadaans score high, is because they are convivially perceived to score high. So most likely the cadaan and Asian parents will optate to keep it like that by coercing them to study hard. Whereas for Somalis, we are gregariously perceived to score very low. And we have no one to incriminate but ourselves to be veracious. We can facilely change that in the next generation. I veraciously cerebrate we Somalis are the most intelligent compared to other races.

Stop it with the Samaroon snobbier and you're 10-dollar polysyllabic words. :cosbyhmm: We
get that we've had educators for a long time. Let's turn our head to the miskeens.

The key differentiator in academic attainment is expectations (of parents, teachers, peers, and of the individual). That and doing mundane work, incrementally.

My advice to any young impressionable Somali youth with pliable minds, you are not eee-stupid. I'm sorry about the toxic and caustic sentiments of these hapless online geeljires.

Last edited:
That’s so true. Most Somali parents don’t give a damn about their children and only serve to kick them down and give em low self esteem. If they had the proper urturing environment they’d be truely bright individuals.

It’s funny how Somali parents look down on AA kids for being “ghetto” but what’s the difference in parenting styles? Cause clearly it’s producing the same results but masked in fake religiosity

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That’s so true. Most Somali parents don’t give a damn about their children and only serve to kick them down and give em low self esteem. If they had the proper urturing environment they’d be truely bright individuals.

It’s funny how Somali parents look down on AA kids for being “ghetto” but what’s the difference in parenting styles? Cause clearly it’s producing the same results but masked in fake religiosity

Actually with AAs it's more perncious. Teenage pregnancy increases the likelihood of your child heading to prision several fold, more so than children of divorce. Family fracturing is on a whole different level when ciyaal are born out of wedlock (and poor). AA kids with both parents do exceedingly well, but for them marriage is indicative of higher SES.:manny: I've also compared self-esteem data bewteen Somali youth vs other African and African descent groups.:cosbyhmm:Somali kids are doing better, in thinking highly of themselves. The only boost they need is work ethic and they'll soar.

Actually with AAs it's more perncious. Teenage pregnancy increases the likelihood of your child heading to prision several fold, more so than children of divorce. Family fracturing is on a whole different level when ciyaal are born out of wedlock (and poor). AA kids with both parents do exceedingly well, but for them marriage is indicative of higher SES.:manny: I've also compared self-esteem data bewteen Somali youth vs other African and African descent groups.:cosbyhmm:Somali kids are doing better, in thinking highly of themselves. The only boost they need is work ethic and they'll soar.

I don’t see a difference saxib when there’s gangs of Somali youth in jail while both parents are at home, present. What’s our excuse then? Somali parents would rather scam the gov and stay in shitty low income neighborhoods then move up for their children’s sake. AA value education for the most part at least, I seen even the most ghetto moms at student conferences while Somali parents are nowhere to be found or even checking in on their homework. I know because I used volunteer at a elementary school during college. Somali lack of parenting needs to be talked about.

Self esteem as in did you parents ever comment on you highly? Cussing your children and critiquing then day and night will not lead to them feeling highly of themselves in environments like work or school & that’s facts.

Of all the Somalis I've interacted with, Somali Bantus are probably the dumbest by far. Serving as a telephone interpreter for insurance companies, some literally could not answer questions as basic as "what color is your car?" Like how dumb do you have to be not to understand a question like that?

The marshmallow test predicts how someone will do in education, career, IQ test and personal relationships. And it’s something you all should look into if you want to improve your decision making.
Somali's did not even have a written language until 1972! Its safe to say that education was never a priority. Survival was the #1 priority and still is fir many Somali's both in the diaspora and back home.

We need to put an emphasis on education and I think things will change for the better in the next few generations.

On the flip side, we are great business people. We have an natural affinity for it and that can't be taught.

Trending