Intellectual inferiority of somalis

This myth really needs to die. Every moderately intelligent Somali male student who studied got top marks in my old school, beating all the Asians and Cadaans. I rarely studied, and even when I did, I studied the night before. Somalis are intellectually lazy, not retarded.

Somali parents fail in providing the environment and ambition for their kids to succeed academically. They never help with homework or after school activities or take an active interest in the kids lives.

I was very lucky to have parents who were both english-speaking professionals who took an interest in my studies and hobbies, but most Somali kids aren't so lucky. They have elderly qabiilist fathers in the Maqaaxi and welfare scamming mothers who could barely speak two words of English, despite living in the UK for years.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
You're correct, we are not retarded. And a lot of the things you suggested like more dedicated parents would help a long way.

But not being retarded doesn't mean equal in ability to all other groups. I think there's a natural hierarchy in the world, it only makes sense when you observe the way things are. Where Somalis are placed within that hierarchy remains to be seen.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
No lies detected. It's weird that some Somalis think there's some merit to this.

Macalin M

Out here
Agreed, I went to a tuition centre and me and many other Somali and Asian boys and girls done our Examinations a year before we were meant to. Many even did it years before they were meant to.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Are you surprised that some Somalis buy into it, when looking at the state we are in around the world?
I guess not when you put it like that.
Though I still think those who buy into it are being very pathetic, I can't say I sympathise with that thought process.

This myth really needs to die. Every moderately intelligent Somali male student who studied got top marks in my old school, beating all the Asians and Cadaans. I rarely studied, and even when I did, I studied the night before. Somalis are intellectually lazy, not retarded.

Somali parents fail in providing the environment and ambition for their kids to succeed academically. They never help with homework or after school activities or take an active interest in the kids lives.

I was very lucky to have parents who were both english-speaking professionals who took an interest in my studies and hobbies, but most Somali kids aren't so lucky. They have elderly qabiilist fathers in the Maqaaxi and welfare scamming mothers who could barely speak two words of English, despite living in the UK for years.

Wallahi I agree 100%. We somalis are not dumb we are just lazy. I always wonder what shit I could achieve if I ever put my 100%. My parents aren’t laid back and are educated so I’m always scolded for being lazy or not being the perfect student. I guess it’s better than them not caring at all

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Let them think we're intellectually retarded, that way they won't see you coming. It's an Eastern philosophy and it's pretty legit. Definitely better if they see you as a threat.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's the standard for humans to be intellectually lazy.

The only reason cadaans and Asians put so much effort into it is because it helps them move up in social status.

Whereas Somalis don't reward this effort within our community and it's the reward from our own communities that's the most important.

I guess that's just one of the few drawbacks of having an egalitarian society (if you ignore the clans hierarchical status structures).

If we had an upper class then more of us would be more willing to put the extra effort in to improving our social status and the easiest way is through intellectual pursuits.

We need an ivy league level university in Somalia to help kick this off.

I scammed the UN to get me to Europe U sound cadaan to me u don't know the struggle of parents it doesn't matter if they had to scam atleast they took u to school it's up-to to the sons to choose the right path

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
What somali actually thinks somalis are stupid.
I thought eveyone was kidding and it was kaftan:shookgabre:

I agree tho, we somalis fight for the stupidest things. Heck me talking about Darood's existence and Arab bootyclapping is waste of time, we humans are a waste of time in 9/10 cases.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
What are you talking about you had parents who spoke English who were professors. You sound dumb most somalis successful are ones who struggled and made it to top to make their parents proud.
Did you see that somali girl who became worker for the UN handling refugees and her mother after the war used to be the refugee receiving the aid and now her daughter is working there. And she bought her mum up whilst she was giving a speech. How successful are you to look down on others whos parents aren't professors.
Somali parents who are not professors do take pride and help their children with studies and push them. GTFO with your I'm better slyness warya.:mahubowtf:

I got mainly Bcs and Cs for my GCSE’s I did higher paper and was in set 2s . I could have got As if I had spent less time playing football games . A significant portion of Somali underachievement is caused by lack of proper study environment at home or parents not understanding how much work needs to be done at home .

Many Somali and Afro Caribbean kids enter secondary schools with similar or even higher levels of attainment than their counterparts but they drop off and are left behind after 2 years .

What are you talking about you had parents who spoke English who were professors. You sound dumb most somalis successful are ones who struggled and made it to top to make their parents proud.
Did you see that somali girl who became worker for the UN handling refugees and her mother after the war used to be the refugee receiving the aid and now her daughter is working there. And she bought her mum up whilst she was giving a speech. How successful are you to look down on others whos parents aren't professors.
People who are from educated backgrounds don't experience hardships of parents who migrated without any cash and started by 0. My family were not rich when they moved to the west they barriers when it came to language and income.

Parents who have experiences of hardship and struggles are better than 1000 teachers. Take my word, that were it took me today.

I don't sit the computer constantly talk about somali dna and origins constantly.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Exactly thats why we shouldnt be suprised when somali boys fall into crime at an early age or somali girls marrying the most degenrate non somalis. Most Somali diaspora are on welfare and live in deprived neighbourhoods the fathers are very naive and lack in brain cells hence why they have no clue in what their kids be up to. I wish education, mannerism, was part of our culture.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I don't care for talent. I care about effort. Can you justify being intellectually strong but weak on grit. :mahubowtf: Pethaps, a rubbish diet, low expectations, scarcity mindset and following the path of least resistance can explain why Somali students (mostly boys) aren't doing so well. You don't need an Iq test to tell you that. Wallahi, some lot will justify their condition collectively by clinging to Social Darwinian nonsense. :manny:

Last edited:

Trending