Independence Somaliland (yes/no)

lol niggas really attributing somaliweyne to ernest bevin. the SYL formed in 1943 and uniting somalis under a single banner was one of their largest objectives :MNWheelchair:
:mjlol:
It was a Italian fascist ideology proposed by Mussolini and later pushed by Ernest Bevin.
IMG_20210422_124114~2.jpg

The Somalian came with little to nothing of ingenuity and it's why Somalia is an African colony in 2021

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Do you want independence for somaliland? Why?
Let me give you a history lesson. If you dispute it feel free to debate me on this.

Somaliland is an older country than Somalia. We joined on July 1st and sacrificed our independence for Somaliweyn. We then wrote our act of union that shared power between north and south. Somalia however rejected it and said that all power is going to be Hal, one and in the south. This created the first animosity between us. In 1961, some northerners tried to launch a military coup to restore our independence but was crushed. They didn't have the support of the people as they still believed in Somaliweyn.

Fast forward to 1969 and siyaad barre came into power after Shermake's assassination. He 'nationalised' state assets and gave them to family members.

The golden age that many of you talk about was only experienced in Mogadishu while the rest of the country was left behind. Like hargeisa the second largest city.
Screenshot_20210301-211255_Chrome.jpg

The discontent came out into the open after we lost in 1977 war. Siyaad killed the generals as punishment for losing the war and some majeerteen generals tried to launch a coup that was put down by the Red berets.

In vengeance, siyaad killed 2,000 Cumar maxmud's and raped many of their women.
In the meantime, millions of ogaden and oromo refugees fled into somalia and was settled in Isaaq lands. The WSLF, instead of fighting Ethiopia killed many isaaq nomads. This led to the formation of Afraad, whose aims was to protect nomads and to liberate Galbeed. Siyaad though, disarmed them and left the nomads unprotected who feared the WSLF more than Ethiopians.

Enraged many Afraad joined the SNM after it was founded in 1981.

End of part 1

It was a Italian fascist ideology proposed by Mussolini and later pushed by Ernest Bevin.
View attachment 181391

The Somalian came with little to nothing of ingenuity and it's why Somalia is an African colony in 2021
could you provide a source for the mussolini line? as far as I know italy only pushed for the incorporation of the galbeed into the italian somaliand colony
as for your screenshot I already addressed it. ernest bevin came up with that in 1946, two years after SYL formed with greater somalia, alongside other things, being a well-known core part of the party

View attachment 181391

ah never actually bothered to notice that list bit of your line. well my fellow somalian good luck with your regional state elections. its always nice to see a success in somalia! that berbera port will contribute to our great nation's gdp nicely :salute:

We also had a genocide and we had a referendum were 97% of people voted for independence that was classed as free and fair.
We hawiye were murdered in droves in Xamar and everyday there was another killing regardless of sub. Children murdered in the streets of Mogadishu but we dont spout separatist nonsense. HG dont run to galmudug and claim its a country or Abgaal say Xamar is seceding. Grow tf up

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Do you want independence for somaliland? Why?
The SNM was founded in London and Was unionist and dedicated to a democratic Somalia. It moved its headquarters to Dire Dawa and began its war against the Dictatorship after the dhagaxtuur massacre of schoolchildren.

The government instead of fighting the SNM, massacred isaaq nomads accused of being SNM sympathisers. The north was put on martial law as the government used harsh measures to suffocate the SNM. However the rebels fought hard and left the government running out of moves.

To cease the ethiopian support of the SNM, Siyaad agreed to give up galbeed in exchange of the SNM being evicted from Ethiopia.

The SNM quickly launched an invasion of Somaliland and captured burco of May 27th 1988. The army however returned to burco and rampaged through the city. They killed any men they found and raped countless women. Public executions were staged in the Stadium and forced the audience to whoop and cheer as their sons were being shot. Then the army finally bombed and shelled the city to dust.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
We hawiye were murdered in droves in Xamar and everyday there was another killing regardless of sub. Children murdered in the streets of Mogadishu but we dont spout separatist nonsense. HG dont run to galmudug and claim its a country or Abgaal say Xamar is seceding. Grow tf up
We were never supposed to join somalia at the start at all. Somaliland decided to join somalia in July 5th 1960 we left may 18th 1991. July 1960-may 1991. Never again shall we rejoin somalia.

We were never supposed to join somalia at the start at all. Somaliland decided to join somalia in July 5th 1960 we left may 18th 1991. July 1960-may 1991. Never again shall we rejoin somalia.
U decided to join because the british ruled your lands and then of course you rather be with the united somali union. Keep spouting that SL will secede or has seceded. When the UN recognises that i will recognise it :chrisfreshhah: :heh:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
U decided to join because the british ruled your lands and then of course you rather be with the united somali union. Keep spouting that SL will secede or has seceded. When the UN recognises that i will recognise it :chrisfreshhah: :heh:
Soon. Is all I will say. We left never joining again. Bye
giphy.gif

View attachment 181391

damn I actually bothered to read your evidence and it doesn't even align with what you're saying. the bevin plan was a plan to integrate the galbeed, british somaliland and italian somaliland under one state. somaliweyn's core principle is the belief of unifiying ALL somali majority areas under one state. per your own screenshot, ernest bevin's proposal did not have the same goals nor would it have had the same outcome. the italian plan included only italian somaliland and the galbeed. neither matching the goals and beliefs that came with the SYL's ambitions :MNWheelchair:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I actually have a proposal if you guys want SL to rejoin. Then get nfd and ogaden region and djibouti back. And we will join too. But till then we are seperate

Trending