In the event of a Afghan style collapse of the FGS would there be parts of Somalia that are able to hold out against Al -shabab?

Only SL & PL. All other states are relatively new and do not have enough troops nor control their own territories.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Somaliland won't get a single bullet from alshabaad thanks to puntland and DDSI who'd do all the dirty work for them. Having functioning states next to you as a buffer zone is so nice 😆

Somaliland won't get a single bullet from alshabaad thanks to puntland and DDSI who'd do all the dirty work for them. Having functioning states next to you as a buffer zone is so nice 😆
PL and SL will fall. The only think keeping them from falling is that Al Shabab is repulsing Amisom and FGS. Without Amisom and an FGS PL and SL will fall in a year.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
PL and SL will fall. The only think keeping them from falling is that Al Shabab is repulsing Amisom and FGS. Without Amisom and an FGS PL and SL will fall in a year.
Not possible. The only way puntland will fall is if they don't get military equipments/accessories from the west. somaliland isn't even gonna be in the equation.

Not possible. The only way puntland will fall is if they don't get military equipments/accessories from the west. somaliland isn't even gonna be in the equation.
I was on the ground and have gone on road trips all over. The Al shabab Jabhad in the Golis mountains are only there to bring weapons from Yemen and supply the south. Once the south is controlled by them, Bosaso and Bari will fall. Al Shabab will march from Beledweyne to Garrowe in a matter of weeks. SL is the hardest to take in my opinion but since their ideologically inclined to wahabism it won't be tough for Al Shabab.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I was on the ground and have gone on road trips all over. The Al shabab Jabhad in the Golis mountains are only there to bring weapons from Yemen and supply the south. Once the south is controlled by them, Bosaso and Bari will fall. Al Shabab will march from Beledweyne to Garrowe in a matter of weeks. SL is the hardest to take in my opinion but since their ideologically inclined to wahabism it won't be tough for Al Shabab.
They'll have to penetrate 500,000 snm fighters in somaliland who will fight to the death if puntland surrenders to alshabaad

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Shabaab would roll over Somaliland like it wasn't even there
You're mistaking snm rebels with southern flip floppers who will claim an alliance with whoever has the upper hand in the civil war. Somaliland will only fall if the west fails to supply them with weapons

reer

VIP
@Thegoodshepherd explained this in detail before. they will probably seize konfuria in a year. if they take konfuria then gobollada dhexe up to the galkayo line will be like dominoes. aswj wont survive without beesha caalamka helping them. the somali civil war has been on pause/hibernation/stalemate since 2015/16.

If Amisom Stays for a couple more years. An offensive to middle Jubba and road securing operations will defiantly weaken Al shabab. By then, hopefully, the somali army is 30k and we will be enough to secure the nation.

All of Somalia is already under strict control of Al Shabaab and AMISOM. If AMISOM leaves AS will take over Somalia over night:mjdontkno:
IMG_20220102_184951.jpg

Maybe this is why Somalia Federal Government wants to be a federal state under Ethiopia
JI2OKSWMTBGTHJWA3XNIQK3IKU.jpg

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
We handle Alkabab,islamic courts,Alitxaad before Amisom arrive in south!!.
All states are dependant on aid my conditions are left alone by the IC. For how long can any state resist Mortor barrages, indiscriminate attacks, multi-million dollar offensives, and human waves etc without even having a complete budget.

If PL or SL were put under the conditions AS were ie fighting upwards of 30K trained troops with unlimited western funding and training/logistics + air support with only ~5k troops would either have survived?

This is the demon that faces us.

GemState

36/21
VIP
All states are dependant on aid my conditions are left alone by the IC. For how long can any state resist Mortor barrages, indiscriminate attacks, multi-million dollar offensives, and human waves etc without even having a complete budget.

If PL or SL were put under the conditions AS were ie fighting upwards of 30K trained troops with unlimited western funding and training/logistics + air support with only ~5k troops would either have survived?

It all depends on if the IC have the stomach for an Operation Indian Ocean 2.0. If not, it's pretty bleak in all honesty, I don't see any Somali militia being able to make tangible progress by itself, especially in Lower shabelle and Middle Juba.

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
It all depends on if the IC have the stomach for an Operation Indian Ocean 2.0. If not, it's pretty bleak in all honesty, I don't see any Somali militia being able to make tangible progress by itself, especially in Lower shabelle and Middle Juba.
Oh, we can make progress; it's just that taking small towns is meaningless in weakening AS.

If the administration in Mog. was at least as eager to capture port revenue as the states, the AS budget could be cut by nearly half while the Gov budget was increased. Instead, five years later, we have three Gareens and a dispute about who gets to rig the election.

What IC support do you mean humanitarian aid or military support. RRU and PSF are small units majority of the armed forces are tribal militia not funded or armed by IC.

If anything it shows the complete incompetence of SFG having 20k foreign muscles and virtually unlimited IC support in light arms yet they failed to build a national army for +15 years. How hard is it to lockdown Mogadishu, issue ID's and uproot AS when there is a genuine strategy by the government AS could be eradicated from Mogadishu in one term, 4 years or less.

reer

VIP
What IC support do you mean humanitarian aid or military support. RRU and PSF are small units majority of the armed forces are tribal militia not funded or armed by IC.

If anything it shows the complete incompetence of SFG having 20k foreign muscles and virtually unlimited IC support in light arms yet they failed to build a national army for +15 years. How hard is it to lockdown Mogadishu, issue ID's and uproot AS when there is a genuine strategy by the government AS could be eradicated from Mogadishu in one term, 4 years or less.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.