In the event of a Afghan style collapse of the FGS would there be parts of Somalia that are able to hold out against Al -shabab?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tell these folk how people prefer the courts of AS when resolving disputes because they are seen as less corrupt. Or how AS run checkpoints only charge drivers a fixed fee in the territories they control instead of being extorted at every Qabil SNA checkpoint in the South. No wonder some folk in the South prefer AS to the FGS.

When all things are equal, AS will defeat Qabil militias because they do not fight a conventional war. A related subclan of my own defeated them militarily in Bacaadweyne. What did they do? As they controlled the surrounding territories, they would destroy Barkaads in the dead of night, target isolated nomads and steal their livestock, kill Nabadoons in urban areas like Mogadishu.

My point is that if AS capture the whole of the South, SL and Puntland don't have a chance in hell simply because it will become a war of attrition if all things are equal. They have troops on their side who have been brainwashed since a young age after being taken from their families. The opposing side have militias who mainly fight for money and Qabil pride. The ones who landed in Godob Jiran were isolated. Imagine if the territories they control were adjacent. Moreover, they will be able to call upon the resources of the highly populated South to bear in such a war. People forget that the Ethiopians stopped Maxaakimta from expanding in the early 2000's beyond South Mudug. The Maxaakim are nothing in comparison to what AS will call upon if they control the whole South as they are more ideologically driven. One side will have troops in its side who believe they are heaven bound if they die in battle and some actively seek such a glory. Imagine if they play the waiting game and train thousands more young kids to become soldiers of heaven. The cult will win hands down.

Bro that's not an excuse. Securing Mogadishu must be a top priority by any means necessary block the roads to and from Mogadishu nobody come in or out without a government issued ID (and before you all cry it's too expense for IDPs make it free or at cost of 5$ per person) Crackdown on all AS sleeping cells and informants within SFG/SNA, disarm the entire city no one should walking with an AK except police/SNA.

This is ABC the very basic fundamentals of law & order.

reer

VIP
Bro that's not an excuse. Securing Mogadishu must be a top priority by any means necessary block the roads to and from Mogadishu nobody come in or out without a government issued ID (and before you all cry it's too expense for IDPs make it free or at cost of 5$ per person) Crackdown on all AS sleeping cells and informants within SFG/SNA, disarm the entire city no one should walking with an AK except police/SNA.

Tell these folk how people prefer the courts of AS when resolving disputes because they are seen as less corrupt. Or how AS run checkpoints only charge drivers a fixed fee in the territories they control instead of being extorted at every Qabil SNA checkpoint in the South. No wonder some folk in the South prefer AS to the FGS.

When all things are equal, AS will defeat Qabil militias because they do not fight a conventional war. A related subclan of my own defeated them militarily in Bacaadweyne. What did they do? As they controlled the surrounding territories, they would destroy Barkaads in the dead of night, target isolated nomads and steal their livestock, kill Nabadoons in urban areas like Mogadishu.

My point is that if AS capture the whole of the South, SL and Puntland don't have a chance in hell simply because it will become a war of attrition if all things are equal. They have troops on their side who have been brainwashed since a young age after being taken from their families. The opposing side have militias who mainly fight for money and Qabil pride. The ones who landed in Godob Jiran were isolated. Imagine if the territories they control were adjacent. Moreover, they will be able to call upon the resources of the highly populated South to bear in such a war. People forget that the Ethiopians stopped Maxaakimta from expanding in the early 2000's beyond South Mudug. The Maxaakim are nothing in comparison to what AS will call upon if they control the whole South as they are more ideologically driven. One side will have troops in its side who believe they are heaven bound if they die in battle and some actively seek such a glory. Imagine if they play the waiting game and train thousands more young kids to become soldiers of heaven. The cult will win hands down.

sxb the fgs is similar to the afghan government. the president on the kursi during the amisom exit will probably be a somali ashraf ghani.

AS will never take hold of Somaliland or even Puntland. AS have little to no support in these areas so brainwashing orphans or kids belonging to poor families like AS does to Rahanweyn & minorities in south Somalia is out of question. This is an inherent fault at southerns. They know the problem but not willing to fix it. Your instance about AS in Mudug is a prime example. You're all the very same family, same clan same region this includes most of Galgaduud as well. How the hell AS have HG, Marusade abd Dudable supporters in the heart of your region?

Complete incompetence. At least Rahanweyn and minorities have unresolved grievances in resorting to AS, what's your excuse to run down your own federal state and falling to secure Mogadishu?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
All states are dependant on aid my conditions are left alone by the IC. For how long can any state resist Mortor barrages, indiscriminate attacks, multi-million dollar offensives, and human waves etc without even having a complete budget.

If PL or SL were put under the conditions AS were ie fighting upwards of 30K trained troops with unlimited western funding and training/logistics + air support with only ~5k troops would either have survived?

This is the demon that faces us.
Go check history, we had wars with those groups since 1991 somalia collapse.

PL was always secure and safe. Evidance of it reer RX became second popluation citzens in PL after harti.

reer

VIP
AS will never take hold of Somaliland or even Puntland. AS have little to know support in these areas so brainwashing orphans or kids belonging to poor families like AS does to Rahanweyn & minorities in south Somalia. This is an inherent fault at southerns. They know the problem but not willing to fix it. Your example about AS in Mudug is prime example. You're all the very same family, same clan same region this includes most of Galgaduud as well. How the hell AS have HG, Marusade abd Dudable supporters in the heart of your region?

Complete incompetence. At least Rahanweyn and minorities have unresolved grievances in resorting to AS, what's your excuse to run down your own federal state and falling to secure Mogadishu?

AS will never take hold of Somaliland or even Puntland. AS have little to no support in these areas so brainwashing orphans or kids belonging to poor families like AS does to Rahanweyn & minorities in south Somalia is out of question. This is an inherent fault at southerns. They know the problem but not willing to fix it. Your instance about AS in Mudug is a prime example. You're all the very same family, same clan same region this includes most of Galgaduud as well. How the hell AS have HG, Marusade abd Dudable supporters in the heart of your region?

They don't need to brainwash your children. The millions they will have under their control in the South is more than enough to overwhelm the North. Like I said, in an equal war of attrition, they will have more money, better motivated troops, more resources and a cohesive motivating ideology.

I am not Hawiye, this is not a tribal argument on my part. I am Surre and we, the MX and Habargidir Cayr were the only ones to hold our own against AS in the Galglmudug when they had more power because they adhered to Sufi ASWJ fanaticism. Nonetheless, they will not stand a chance if the rest of the South falls to them.

You really don't know the South. AS are not popular because some Qabils have a grievance otherwise they would not have many supporters. For instance, Ceelasha is mainly HG and it is an open secret that AS has a stronghold there. Qabyaalad is odd in the South, Deen will trump Qabil for some hence why AS has supporters and opposition members from within the same Qabil sometimes.

reer

VIP
They don't need to brainwash your children. The millions they will have under their control in the South is more than enough to overwhelm the North. Like I said, in an equal war of attrition, they will have more money, better motivated troops, more resources and a cohesive motivating ideology.

I am not Hawiye, this is not a tribal argument on my part. I am Surre and we, the MX and Habargidir Cayr were the only ones to hold our own against AS in the Galglmudug when they had more power because they adhered to Sufi ASWJ fanaticism. Nonetheless, they will not stand s chance if the rest of the South falls to them.

You really don't know the South. AS are not popular because some Qabils have a grievance otherwise they would not have many supporters. For instance, Ceelasha is mainly HG and it is an open secret that AS has a stronghold there. Qabyaalad is odd in the South, Deen will trump Qabil for some hence why AS has supporters and opposition members from within the same Qabil sometimes.

@anonimo @reer
Put aside the ideology and deen. The Alkebab thrive and collect more money from the big cities and deliver justice. That is why more citizens support. Have you seen how corruption and extortion is rampant in government ruled areas? I had that some officials in the SFG go for awdhergle maxkamad.
Rule #1. Provide justice and Somalis will support you in droves.

I am not Hawiye, this is not a tribal argument on my part. I am Surre and we, the MX and Habargidir Cayr were the only ones to hold our own against AS in the Galglmudug when they had more power because they adhered to Sufi ASWJ fanaticism. Nonetheless, they will not stand a chance if the rest of the South falls to them.

Have you ever driven between towns in south Somalia?

Offcourse it matters. We are not like southerns who brought disgrace to the Somali name and continue selling out for AS for short term gains. If small rag-tag ASWJ & Macaiisly could keep Al Shabaab at bay what makes you thinks Somaliland organized army with superior intelligence is going to do with Al Shabaab?

You are a nacas who do not have a clue about AS internal clan power dynamics. They thrive in southern culture that promotes warlord-ism over traditional clan mediation. Xoolo caadi ah who would prefer to deny the obvious to save face. What is even more baffling is minorities like yourself getting routinely squeezed between Hawiye SNA, AMISOM and Al Shabaab talking about clan grievances not being the main factor in AS survival.

Xawadle SNA vs Dir.JPG

Xawadle SNA vs Dir2.JPG

Xawadle SNA vs Dir3.JPG

HG & Bimaal wars.png

Hawiye vs Bantu.JPG

Hawiye vs Bantu2.JPG

Hawiye SNA VS minorties  .JPG

Hawiye SNA VS minorties2.JPG

Hawiye SNA vs minorties3.JPG
Madow AS.JPG

They make up the majority, Rahawneyne alone contribute 50% of AS foot soldiers. Marehan are opportunists like the Hawiye have no qualms with dealing with AS in favor of acquiring tribal gains after being sidelined by OG. It is you primitive culture/daqan that promotes moryanimo and xooging lands from other clans by any means necessary. Be it Ajnabi or AS it makes little difference which is why AS are not going away anytime soon.

AS appeal o minorties4.JPG

AS appeal o minorties5.JPG

The US congress acknowledge the mockery unfolding in Somalia, its about time southerns do the same.
SNA & minorties.JPG

Last edited:

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely

More than 70-80% of houses in xamar have a fire weapon of some sort. The civilians should be disarmed tbh. That’s what causes clashes between militas and government forces and for AS to come out at night even in some parts of xamar

reer

VIP
They make up the majority, Rahawneyne alone contribute 50% of AS foot soldiers. Marehan are opportunists like the Hawiye have no qualms with dealing with AS in favor of acquiring tribal gains after being sidelined by OG. It is you primitive culture/daqan that promotes moryanimo and xooging lands from other clans by any means necessary. Be it Ajnabi or AS it makes little difference which is why AS are not going away anytime soon.

View attachment 212112

View attachment 212113

The US congress acknowledge the mockery unfolding in Somalia, its about time southerns do the same.
View attachment 212114

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
People here forget how easily our people back home can be radicalised. Mashallah we hold our deen in high regard but we are prone to abuse it. This includes all somalis from all gobols. If the FGS collapses (unlikely) it would essentially mean all of Somalia would be ripe for Al-sheydaan.

Burco in SL has been hailed as extremely conservative city borderline radical one and people who make up the city can be found anywhere. These types of people in PL and SL would accept Al-sheydaan ideology and would make the respective leaders in their own area.

These types of people together with the manpower of the south would walk through these regions like a cake walk. Im serious.

People here forget how easily our people back home can be radicalised. Mashallah we hold our deen in high regard but we are prone to abuse it. This includes all somalis from all gobols. If the FGS collapses (unlikely) it would essentially mean all of Somalia would be ripe for Al-sheydaan.

Burco in SL has been hailed as extremely conservative city borderline radical one and people who make up the city can be found anywhere. These types of people in PL and SL would accept Al-sheydaan ideology and would make the respective leaders in their own area.

These types of people together with the manpower of the south would walk through these regions like a cake walk. Im serious.
Never In Nugaal

lucious-lyon-shooting.gif

Terrorist groups like Al-shabab don't actually appeal to the most religious people.
The prime targets of radicalization are those who aren't religious enough to know that terrorism is Haram.But are still culturally Muslim.
Much of their Ideology is anti-western rather than pro-islamic.
It's why you will never find a sheik or scholar amongst their ranks only youth.