In America Arabs have a very high rate of interracial marriage (70%)

Som

VIP
They look different and are also genetically different. I wouldn't call a Norwegian and an Iraqi the same race..

This white/black/yellow stuff masks true diversity and differences.

Arabs experience massive racism on the job market in Europe. However, this is mainly because some racist Westerners dislike Islam.
I know arabs get racism in Europe but that doesn't mean they aren't white or close to them. Anti arab racism is more religious and cultural, infact christian arabs are treated in a better way noth in the US and Europe. On the other hand whites hate black people only because of race, doesn't matter if they have the same religion or culture as them.
Arab middle Easterns are genetically close to white europeans even though they have some differences. Look at the graph, the middle east/west asia part is right next to the european one, the arabian part is also pretty close with some outliers
I guess the difference between whites and arabs is kinda the same as the difference between different subsaharan, actually it looks like the distance between maasai and bantus is greater than the distance between west asians/arabs and euros.
pgen.1004393.g001.PNG_M

Som

VIP
They look different and are also genetically different. I wouldn't call a Norwegian and an Iraqi the same race..

This white/black/yellow stuff masks true diversity and differences.

Arabs experience massive racism on the job market in Europe. However, this is mainly because some racist Westerners dislike Islam.
I mean. If you would consider a south sudanese, a nigerian and a zulu southafrican to be from the same race then Iraqi/Syrian and norwegians are also from the same "race"

Apollo

VIP
I mean. If you would consider a south sudanese, a nigerian and a zulu southafrican to be from the same race then Iraqi/Syrian and norwegians are also from the same "race"

The Onge of the Andaman Islands are relatively close to East Asians on a Global PCA plot, yet look nothing like East Asians and diverged over 30,000 years ago from them.

Eurasians have less genetic diversity due to the Out of Africa event. So comparing genetic distances in Africa to the ones in Eurasia is a bit off.

Som

VIP
The Onge of the Andaman Islands are relatively close to East Asians on a Global PCA plot, yet look nothing like East Asians and diverged over 30,000 years ago from them.

Eurasians have less genetic diversity due to the Out of Africa event. So comparing genetic distances in Africa to the ones in Eurasia is a bit off.
I don't know bro,the reason why eurasians have less diversity doesn't matter that much. At the end of the day they cluster very close together, i guess araba and whites are much closer on global PCA than andaman islanders and east asians.

Apollo

VIP
@Som

Distances, lol Bantus in South Africa are much much much closer to Nigerians than Norwegians and Arabs (used the G25 tool):

Distance to:Norwegian
0.26963934Bedouin
0.76443781Bantu South Africa
0.77659761Yoruba

Distance to:Bantu South Africa
0.08105621Yoruba
0.69944707Bedouin
0.76443781Norwegian

Som

VIP
@Som

Distances, lol Bantus in South Africa are much much much closer to Nigerians than Norwegians and Arabs (used the G25 tool):

Distance to:Norwegian
0.26963934Bedouin
0.76443781Bantu South Africa
0.77659761Yoruba

Distance to:Bantu South Africa
0.08105621Yoruba
0.69944707Bedouin
0.76443781Norwegian
Interesting. I thought zulus were much more different than other bantus, they have a khoisan vibe and different features.
I made the wrong example then.
Let's say nilotes vs bantus, I guess their genetic distance is greater than arabs vs euros.

Apollo

VIP
Do you think they got the Khoisan distance correct. Can you run the distance between Khoisan and bantu?

Distance to:Khomani_San
0.35251629Bantu_S.E.
0.40551212Bantu_S.W.
0.47110781Yoruba
0.81422278Bedouin
0.86823273Norwegian

Although one big caveat, G25 is based on partial genomes not whole genomes.

Distance to:Khomani_San
0.35251629Bantu_S.E.
0.40551212Bantu_S.W.
0.47110781Yoruba
0.81422278Bedouin
0.86823273Norwegian

Although one big caveat, G25 is based on partial genomes not whole genomes.

Interesting. they always put Khoisans next or close to Bantus on PCA plots even though they are galaxies away from them.

There doesn't seem to be much difference in appearance between the Muslims and Christians in the Arab world so its strange that they will use that against the Muslims. They all look the same..

The fairest Arabs I've seen are the Syrians. I've seen a few who are blonde and many who are ginger weirdly enough and they were of Sunni Muslim backgrounds.
I've come across lebanese/syrian/jordanian people but they were almost always mixed with french which I suppose explains why they look 'white' ig

Som

VIP
Just like Horners, I can tell an Afari from a Somali, it's the same with Germans, French and Balkans. But they are all caucasoids :mjswag: :tocry:
Nah bro. You can't tell french and germans apart, only exception are southern frenchs who look more italian.
It's not black and white, you can tell apart habeshas and somalis but some times there are habeshas who can pass as somali and viceversa. It's even harder to tell apart other groups like hararis, afars, somalis and some oromos

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Only vaguely.

It is extremely easy to tell them apart.

I used to suck at it and thought all MENAs looked the same, but now I can easily tell Maghrebis from Levantines.

I can also tell Slavs from Northwest Euros, although this is a bit harder, but often my guess is correct.
:rejoice:Alx. I thank God that @Apollo was born outside Somalia and is not Qabilist.

I shudder at the thought of him bursting on the scene for an expert opinion while i am trying to lie my out of interrogation and extreeeme vetting by rival Qabiil goons.

He'd take a one look at me and declare
1618255327312.png

And i wud prolly b a toast
1618255366817.png