I'm Jamal currently living in Nairobi but I'm originally from Wajir County NFD --AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenya is a democracy, so its much better than Somalis in Ethiopia. The Somalis in Eastleigh are right now allied with the jubilee ruling alliance. Original sijus are doing much better than the poor Somali refugees from Somalia though. There's big money to be made in Kenya. Somalis are currently among the richest tribes in Kenya

Welcome OP.

Your right, there is big money to be made in Kenya esp with its large population and growing middle-class hence a larger customer base.

OP, what do you personally know about the small isaakia/isaaq community in Kenya and how influential are they politically and economically?

Also, are Sijui treated just as bad as the refugees? I heard some are treated like ATM machines from corrupt Kenyan authorities and are harassed in day to day life.

black

live and let die.
Yeah I was born and raised in

Nairobi and its fairly safe. I've never been targeted. Somalis marry mostly between themselves

Do you live in Eastleigh? Where do Somalis reside outside of Eastleigh. I heard it's pretty poor and dangerous, yet it supposedly contributes a lot economically? Which one is it?

JamalNFD

JAMAL
Welcome OP.

Your right, there is big money to be made in Kenya esp with its large population and growing middle-class hence a larger customer base.

OP, what do you personally know about the small isaakia/isaaq community in Kenya and how influential are they politically and economically?

Also, are Sijui treated just as bad as the refugees? I heard some are treated like ATM machines from corrupt Kenyan authorities and are harrased in daily life.
Isaac were brought by the British and settled in the Kenyan interior. Honestly, most have integrated with the Kenyan society more than us. They're few but thriving. After ogaden, isaaq is the most influential in the Kenyan interior like Nairobi and Eastleigh.

Isaac were brought by the British and settled in the Kenyan interior. Honestly, most have integrated with the Kenyan society more than us. They're few but thriving. After ogaden, isaaq is the most influential in the Kenyan interior like Nairobi and Eastleigh.
Ex president arap moi son wife is issaq.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
Do you live in Eastleigh? Where do Somalis reside outside of Eastleigh. I heard it's pretty poor and dangerous, yet it supposedly contributes a lot economically? Which one is it?
I live in south c, which is the second largest Somali settlement in Nairobi after Eastleigh. It's mainly residential upper middle class and far better than Eastleigh.

Kenya is a democracy, so its much better than Somalis in Ethiopia. The Somalis in Eastleigh are right now allied with the jubilee ruling alliance. Original sijus are doing much better than the poor Somali refugees from Somalia though. There's big money to be made in Kenya. Somalis are currently among the richest tribes in Kenya
original sujuis were given jobs and helped by those early refugees. sujuis were nothing before the collapse of Somalia.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
original sujuis were given jobs and helped by those early refugees. sujuis were nothing before the collapse of Somalia.
I'm a siju but I also have strong links to Somalia thanks to siyad barre. Many of my relatives were in barres government and crossed back here when the government collapsed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending