If Ogaden joined Somalia, would it be divided into federal states?

probably yes but that would make ogaden the single biggest clan in somalia. I am not sure non daroods, and even daroods themselves would want that.

I think The regions/Gobal should join the already exisiting federal states that they border to get access to ports.

Example, Liibaan join Jubaland, Afdheer join Konfuur Galbeed, Shabelle join Hirshabelle, Qoraxeey join Galmudug and Doolo join PL and Hawd join SL

I think The regions/Gobal should join the already exisiting federal states that they border to get access to ports.

Example, Liibaan join Jubaland, Afdheer join Konfuur Galbeed, Shabelle join Hirshabelle, Qoraxeey join Galmudug and Doolo join PL and Hawd join SL
i would love to see a map of this

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Referendum for what?
Somalia itself is in anarchy and joining the club is not a brainer.
SecondlybI dont think Ethiopia will disintegrate more likely a confederation.
I’m just trolling joining that hell hole is worse . You think jigjiga wants Amisom and al-kebab at its front door? I also believe the west will not allow it to completely dissenigrate as well, too many issues to deal with.

World

VIP
Why would you not join Somalia ? You said because Somalia is in anarchy but how about if Somalia is stable? Ogaden is just a European made border, one ethnic group that has the same language, religion, culture and genetics is not going to have four different countries lol.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Ogaden rejoining changes everything, it's too big to just carve it up and create 3-4 states, I think everything from the type of government Somalia has (the federal v central) debate to the location of capital and con/discontinuation of 4.5 would be revised and up to debate.

Ethiopia dissolving would be absolute Armageddon in East Africa.

World

VIP
Ogaden rejoining changes everything, I think everything from the type of government Somalia has (the federal v central) debate to the location of capital and con/discontinuation of 4.5 would be revised and up to debate. Ethiopia dissolving would be absolute Armageddon in East Africa.
That’s what I’m thinking, i can’t see a Somalia based on federalism if Ogaden joined.

World

VIP

213E1C19-B55F-494A-99EC-D3824027BEA8.jpeg
Ogaden make up 90 % of the land mass.

Why would you not join Somalia ? You said because Somalia is in anarchy but how about if Somalia is stable? Ogaden is just a European made border, one ethnic group that has the same language, religion, culture and genetics is not going to have four different countries lol.
Somalia is also a European made border.
Secondly Somalia itself is in deep shit and still in anarchy and AS.
Who wants to join it? You join a country that is healthy not a toxic country where qabyalad is next level.

Its like also claimming Palestine will join Egypt once they get independence from Israel.

GemState

36/21
VIP
That’s what I’m thinking, i can’t see a Somalia based on federalism if Ogaden joined.
Depends, if Ethiopia completely collapses into various Amhara/Oromo/Tigray regions, etc, I can see some people favoring some kind of loose federal or confederal model. A big reason people desired a centralized Somalia is too stave off Ethiopia due to our historical enmity with them, Kenya is far too benign to take over that role imo, so somalis might just desire to be autonomous from each other and live in relative quiet.

Obviously though, this is depended on various hypotheticals