If Given a Option Would You Change Your Ethnicity?

Would You Change Your Ethnicity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
I know its not possible, but if it was I definitely would in a heartbeat. It’s not that I hate being a Somali, but I wouldn’t mind belonging to a different ethnic group.

Perhaps one were the people are not islamic extremists or tribalistic. If I had to pick I would choose Brazilian. Beautiful people. Love the culture and their great soccer players
:rejoice::yousmart::drakekidding:

I would like to be a Chinese since the future is China

or I’d choose some Nordic nation them people are good looking

the one thing I’d never choose is to be a Bantu jareeer

Apollo

VIP
Brazilian is not an ethnicity. It is a citizenship only.

These are all Brazilian.

r

image.0.jpg

5fa4367cf1274.jpeg

indigenous-brazilian-young-woman-portrait-from-guarani-ethnicity-video-id1019547678

1018316866.jpg

:susp:the only other race I would want to be is a aboriginal can't think of being small eye or white I feel disgusted feeling about it

I know its not possible, but if it was I definitely would in a heartbeat. It’s not that I hate being a Somali, but I wouldn’t mind belonging to a different ethnic group.

Perhaps one were the people are not islamic extremists or tribalistic. If I had to pick I would choose Brazilian. Beautiful people. Love the culture and their great soccer players
:rejoice::yousmart::drakekidding:
I like being Somali

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
No , from what it seems like, I've been reading the comments of these youngsters , yes I guess that is a mutual feeling , I can resonate with this and relate to the people that have been displaced ,
since we are all disassociating with the appalling conditions back home , that itself is not upto debate and it is the reasons why we see the new generation wresting with their identities but a
failed state has nothing to do with your ethnicity , it is inequivalent.

You are a Somali , no matter what papers you have , it doesn't matter what nationality
you will always be a Somali , wether you were born in the frosty landscapes of Antarctica or born in the fucking moon to space colonialist parents , you will always have a shiny forehead so be proud of it , wether you followed your roots or not , or sticked to whatever beliefs , embrace the fact that you will still be a Somali , no matter how hard you try to be something else , you can't be a pretender!!

I said this again , I wouldn't even if humanity had discovered the technology to reversez mimic and create genetic engineering , in this world or briefly speaking of the alternative multiverse if we are discussing hypothetically , I'd be more happy being who I am.

So no.

And no.

As someone who lived , befriended and worked with people's who's ancestors were aboard on the ships against their will, forced to learn and adopt the ways of their tormentors and stripped away of their identities , witnessing the current state of their descendants and their lives in pittfal , do you even know what it's even like to not have an identity just to be labelled based on your skin , and paper that's it no history , no nothing , destined to uncertain fate.

I may never like the situation in Somalia , I despise the political prostitutes , qabyaalad and the single digit IQ geopolitics but the identity is something I take for granted even if my country is fucked beyond redeemable , because of these single digit IQ puppets it doesn't implicate that I should forfeit my own ethnicity that is beyond illogical because at the end of day couple of rotten apples won't deter my identity , I see them as irrelevant since our forefathers existed long enough , and they are not representatives of 30 million Somalis worldwide
I'm glad I can speak my own native tongue , trace back my ancestors to 18 generations and be proud that my people once we're a fearsome dynasty.

Just spoke with a few cousins abroad , we never met , just got to know each other , one lived a decade in Brazil and the other was born in Australia we were all speaking in Somali ,
and world apart , something that trancended us together was being Somali.

Many ethnicities don't have that privilege , a South African Indian Tamil cannot phone his cousin in Kerala India or his distant relative in Fiji , Guyana , Trinidad , North America or Europe even though they are from the same ethnicity , their surnames are villages of their ancestors
Same for the Arabs.

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
Of course a gaal murtad would come up with a thread like this.
FGM is normalized in our culture and women are dressed in tents. I see it all the time where I live. We don’t even have a culture. the people are just obsessed with following their radical version of Islam that’s not even practiced by Arabs. It’s soooo embarrassing.
:snoop:

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
Sorry, I'm still gonna choose being Somali AKA Lamagoodle, Luga baasto, Mr. Big for head.

Somali is who I am, I'm not gonna trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending