If Ethiopia ever falls into a civil war, do you believe the somalis there will unite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up helping them. They took advantage of our civil war and armed rebel groups but we wouldn't do the same as we have no backbone.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
7 million Oromos that live on the Somali side of the rift valley would flood into the Somali homeland effectively ending Somali population in Western Somalia.

Harar and DD would be gone forever and Jigjig would seriously endanger of Oromos. Northern Somalia would be flooded with Oromo refugees who would later claim the land to be theirs like history has shown.

An Ethiopian civil war is not in the Somali interests.

No. Somali people never unite nor can they be forced into unity, like you couldn't rule over Somalis with Tyranny for a long time. They'd repel.

You could do tho, wit Ethiopians, that's why, despite being different ethnic groups with different languages and religions, they have always been ruled as one country.

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
I think Islamic courts would make a comeback and take over all of Ogaden by force and shut down qabiil their.

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
America and Europe wouldn't have any of that. Any Islamic groups=terrorists. They'd be bombed.
Like how they stopped the houthis from capturing their capital?

My point stands if a civil war happens former islamic courts branches will meet up to recreate their rebel group. Dont underestimate these leaders. They went from havig no funds and low morale to conquering from Kismayo all the way at the outskirts of Bosaso

And if that does not happen then expect al shabaab to exit the losing scene in Somalia and give Ogaden a shot

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
I have more faith in Jews and Palestinians uniting.
1531751778315.jpg

Like how they stopped the houthis from capturing their capital?

My point stands if a civil war happens former islamic courts branches will meet up to recreate their rebel group. Dont underestimate these leaders. They were all the way at the outskirts of Bosaso.

And if that does not happen then expect al shabaab to exit the losing scene in Somalia and give Ogaden a shot
Any Islamic group waging a "jihad", in the minds of the west, inside a territory that they recognize as Ethiopia, a Christian nation, would get smoked in no time.

Also, they have fallen into a civil war before, they tend to fix up rather quickly so there'd be a small window of opportunity. With all that said, if the people unite, then they can gain independence.

VIP
Being the biggest khasaaros in africa for 30 years hasn't brought unity so nothing will.

Someone's gotta time travel back in time and kill the first faarax who said
" yaa tahay" and this humiliation can be avoided.

I never understood the O in ONLF , it was a rebel group limited to 1 clan when almost all major clans live in K5. It should've been WSLF encompassing and representing all Somalis. Liyuu police has also done a great job at making us not only disunited but also hating each other.

If Ethio were to collapse it would be every Somali clan for themselves, other groups would take advantage of Somali disunity and also take part in the chaos.

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I never understood the O in ONLF , it was a rebel group limited to 1 clan when almost all major clans live in K5. It should've been WSLF encompassing and representing all Somalis. Liyuu police has also done a great job at making us not only disunited but also hating each other.

If Ethio were to collapse it would be every clan for themselves, other groups would take advantage of Somali disunity and also take part in the chaos.

do most clans there hate Ogaden? I know that they have had issues with Karanle Hawiye, Sheekhal, and the Jarso.

do most clans there hate Ogaden? I know that they have had issues with Karanle Hawiye, Sheekhal, and the Jarso.
Liyuu police that make up mostly OG, would randomly attack other somali clans which would cause hate and distrust between them. They've targeted almost every somali clan and subclan that live in K5 from HG, Isaaq, Sheekhal, karanle etc...

Liyuu police that make up mostly OG, would randomly attack other somali clans which would cause hate and distrust between them. They've targeted almost every somali clan and subclan that live in K5 from HG, Isaaq, Sheekhal, karanle etc...
Liyuu police attacks even Ogadens there the problem is not the clan but the leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending