If Ethiopia ever falls into a civil war, do you believe the somalis there will unite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many Somalis speaking about this all over social media condemning it, didn't say anything about govt.

You're mocking Somali nationalism and are against reconciling the Somali people but somehow believe it can and will be done with ethiopians. Im just glad you're exposing yourself. You're a joke, goodnight.

embarrassing

Nationalism? Dead and buried. We’ve federal clan states with tribal soldiers each. Where is it?

Btw, I’m a Horner Unionist and not a Somali nationalist. My aim is higher.

Aussie

The Japanese are descendants of Adam while the Xaarbashis come from Satan.
Disappointed

The Japanese eat raw fish (sushi) do they lack the intelligence to use fire?
It’s in our interest to unite with them and I can understand why you can’t see that now.

Hustler

Xaarbashis are from Yemen so they are not apart of my Pan African dream. We will send them back to Yemen and Cushitize the Horn of Africa.
Von

Come on sxb, I’m a horner unionist which should lead us to a genuine pan africanism. A United Africa, better and prosperous than the E.U

You guys are stuck at the micro level, tribalism.

embarrassing

Nationalism? Dead and buried. We’ve federal clan states with tribal soldiers each. Where is it?

Btw, I’m a Horner Unionist and not a Somali nationalist. My aim is higher.
Lol and 'Horner Unionism' is alive and well? Ethiopia is also federal and divided among ethnic lines with tribal soldiers, there has been ethnically motivated violence, killing, displacement, happening all over that country recently worse than in Somalia... but you're here praising them.

Your aim is a joke, you're just anti-Somali. :drakekidding:

Aka accepts that Greater Somalia will be Habeshaized and will disappear thus the Habesha dream will be realised.

Your so anti Somali but think Ethiopians will accept you, go have a hard look at Western Somalia and see how unity is working for them

Von

If the lives of the people changes with better education, health and better paying jobs and the individual becomes self-sufficient, we would become like the USA (United States of the Horn) and everyone will see the benefits of the union and be proud of it. We might qualify for the World Cup and win it: the world is changing rapidly and we are left so behind, the majority of our people live in stray huts with no running water or electricity. We need change. When? Now.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Von

If the lives of the people changes with better education, health and better paying jobs and the individual becomes self-sufficient, we would become like the USA (United States of the Horn) and everyone will see the benefits of the union and be proud of it. We might qualify for the World Cup and win it: the world is changing rapidly and we are left so behind, the majority of our people live in stray huts with no running water or electricity. We need change. When? Now.
So you to unity with a nation that turns up on my TV monthly for the donations of starving children.
So Education and World cup huh? and in return, they get all our resources sea, land and air, a region with low population and the longest coastline in Africa with open access to the ocean.

But World Cup tho :dead::dead:

It’s true rasulallah blessed the people of ardul Xabash but rasulallah never said to not defend yourselves against they’re attacks I don’t think Somalis have ever attacked Xabashis don’t let this atheist confuse you I think he’s Xabasha
How are they blessed when they are Christian they are kaffir

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
"Unity" and "Somali" shouldn't even be put in the same sentence. An oxymoron if i've ever seen one. Forget civil war, an alien invasion wouldn't unite us.

We need minds like those who founded the Somali Youth League. Somalis were united between 1960-69 because of those youths who set about bringing their goal of a united Somali republic. If it happened before then it can happen again , we must united the 5 regions of our country. We cannot forget those that died trying to defend us against the colonialist , Ethiopians , Kenyans etc.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
We need minds like those who founded the Somali Youth League. Somalis were united between 1960-69 because of those youths who set about bringing their goal of a united Somali republic. If it happened before then it can happen again , we must united the 5 regions of our country. We cannot forget those that died trying to defend us against the colonialist , Ethiopians , Kenyans etc.

Can't happen, won't happen.

Can't happen, won't happen.

Somalia was in a very similar spot this time a century ago. Clans were backed by colonialist fought against other clans that were against colonisation. The Italians destroyed large parts of the north and killed civilians in revenge attacks for Somalis trying to liberate their country. The Ethopians were killing Somalis and pillaging their livestock. This was at a time that Somalis were very tirbalistic , the 1900s , only a few people were literate. They wouldn't even comprehend the idea of a sovereign state or a central government. In many areas they were worse than the situation we were in today.

All that changed when a group of youths in 1943 from all tribes formed the Somali youth league. They had a goal to united the 5 majority regions and were determined to fight for that. They expanded to all parts of the country and expanding their members to create this. And as a result , 17 years later we gained independence of two of our regions and united them. The kenyan region had voted for independence and to join Somalia . The french region was also very in favour of joining the union and there were protests in the Ogaden to also join Somalia. They won two parliamentary elections in 1964 and 1969 and both presidential elections through popular vote not through a dictatorship.

All this was the result of a small group of youths coming together to unify and help their country.
If they were able to create and unite our country in such a difficult period , Why can't we?

SoomaaliSYL.png

Last edited:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalia was in a very similar spot this time a century ago. Clans were backed by colonialist fought against other clans that were against colonisation. The Italians destroyed large parts of the north and killed civilians in revenge attacks for Somalis trying to liberate their country. The Ethopians were killing Somalis and pillaging their livestock. This was at a time that Somalis were very tirbalistic , the 1900s , only a few people were literate. They wouldn't even comprehend the idea of a sovereign state or a central government. In many areas they were worse than the situation we were in today.

All that changed when a group of youths in 1943 from all tribes formed the Somali youth league. They had a goal to united the 5 majority regions and were determined to fight for that. They expanded to all parts of the country and expanding their members to create this. And as a result , 17 years later we gained independence of two of our regions and united them. The kenyan region had voted for independence and to join Somalia . The french region was also very in favour of joining the union and there were protests in the Ogaden to also join Somalia. They won two parliamentary elections in 1964 and 1969 and both presidential elections through popular vote not through a dictatorship.

All this was the result of a small group of youths coming together to unify and help their country.
If they were able to create and unite our country in such a difficult period , Why can't we?

SoomaaliSYL.png

We simply are not made up of the same stuff anymore. Somalis have changed, probably permanently.

We simply are not made up of the same stuff anymore. Somalis have changed, probably permanently.

They were no different from the Somalis living today. The reason they succeeded is because they were determined and willing to fight for their goal of a united Somalia. There undoubtedly will be another group of youths who are willing and determined to fight for a united , safe and prosperous Somalia.

Maybe instead of being pessimistic about the future of our country , Why don't you help to bring change? By doing nothing , then the chance of change occurring is zero. But by doing something even something little like reminding people to stop caring about tribalism then there is a chance that your actions may have a positive impact or bring about change even if that chance or that impact is small.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
They were no different from the Somalis living today. The reason they succeeded is because they were determined and willing to fight for their goal of a united Somalia. There undoubtedly will be another group of youths who are willing and determined to fight for a united , safe and prosperous Somalia.

Maybe instead of being pessimistic about the future of our country , Why don't you help to bring change? By doing nothing , then the chance of change occurring is zero. But by doing something even something little like reminding people to stop caring about tribalism then there is a chance that your actions may have a positive impact or bring about change even if that chance or that impact is small.

I think pessimism is warranted after 30 years of nothing, with no real change in sight.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
It's because you rely on other people to bring about change. Why don't you take the responsibility to bring about that change?

You must think highly of me if you think one individual in Sweden would change the abysmal state of Somalia.

You must think highly of me if you think one individual in Sweden would change the abysmal state of Somalia.

I don't think highly of you. You're just the classical human who sees a problem that needs to be fixed but relies on others to fix it instead of taking responsibility. Sometimes it only takes one individual to bring about change.

I'll give you an example and hopefully it brings a change to your pessimistic mindset.

There was a man named Seretse Khama born in Botswana which was a colony of the UK at the time. He was heir to the throne of tribal king in his country after his father died when he was young. As he grew up in Botswana he left for the UK to pursue his studies , there he met a young white woman whom he later married. When he returned to Botswana , his tribe and people were enraged that he did not marry a local woman and the Union of South Africa which Botswana was part of had a apartheid system which meant that marriage between other races were illegal so as a result he was expelled from his home country and forced to return to the UK. There he campaigned against the illegal and racist practices of the British government. He was allowed to return to Botswana only if he gave up his accession to the throne and lived a private life. However, he became a central figure in the movement for independence of his country , gaining support from the locals. When Botswana became independent from Britain in 1966 , they were one of the poorest countries in the entire world with barely any people with education and only 22 university graduates and 100 secondary school graduates. But he was motivated to fix his country. He then enacted reform to make Botswana more prosperous and free. He committed to democracy and personal freedom , he enacted economic reform that meant that Botswana was the fastest growing economy in the world when he was president. Corruption was low because he instituted strong reform to deter it. When he died in 1980 his legacy was not forgotten , his actions meant that democracy continued in Botswana and the economy continued to grow as a result of this Botswana now has a GDP per capital of nearly $20,000 and the highest Human development index in the whole of sub Saharan Africa.

All this happened because of the actions of one man , one person led to the positive change that the country needed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seretse_Khama ( You can read more about him here)

So what makes you think that one person whether it be you or another person can't bring about that change Somalia so desperately needs?

embarrassing

Most (non-Somali) Muslims believe the habasha and ardul habesha have been blessed by your prophet according to Hadiths. What you believe is insignificant to that debate.

We ordinary Ethiopians love our Muslim brothers who are our next door neighbors. They are very peace loving citizens who love their country. As neighbors we celebrate their holly days like Eid with them and they celebrate our holly days with us. May God/Allah bless them all!

They were mourning and crying with us just like this Muslim Ethiopian girl when Ethiopian Christians were beheaded in Libya by ISIS terrorist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.