ICJ suggests new maritime boundary between Kenya and Somalia and rejects Somalia’s request for reparations.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Big loss for Somalia. Why is the media reporting this as the opposite?

Somalia argued that there was never an agreed boundary between the two countries and asked the ICJ to create one.

Kenya claimed the boundary was agreed to and Somali claimed that if there was to be an agreed border it should be the equidistant line.

In a nutshell, Somalia didn’t lose anything but could have gained more.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Big loss for Somalia. Why is the media reporting this as the opposite? Kenya came out as the victor.
They lost. They wanted and needed all the oil blocks to pay off china debts. Now they only get barely enough to power a house.

Whilst somalia the enemy has plenty of oil blocks and denied them the satisfaction of stealing from a failed state with sanctions placed on it. This has booseted our morale and dented their ego and confidence.

I'd say we won a lot considering we don't even need those oil blocks.

Alhamdulillah.
:pachah1: :yousmart::banderas:
1634079156591.png

Genuine question:

Why do Somalis care about Soqotra? Doesn't it belong to the Mahra?
C758ACBC-703C-4A8F-B075-90C32A2D05A6.jpeg
Yes
All jokes aside it would be a lie to say it was just for geopolitical reasons some somalis just get carried away at times and just say things with the utmost confidence which then encourages the others to start copying one another.

View attachment 203699Yes
All jokes aside it would be a lie to say it was just for geopolitical reasons some somalis just get carried away at times and just say things with the utmost confidence which then encourages the others to start copying one another.

I have never seen a more confident people in my life; every Somali seems to have this aristocratic air about them.

I can only imagine how Somalis would behave if their Nation was as wealthy as a Western State; Geeljires would probably declare themselves Gods.

:mjlol::russ:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I have never seen a more confident people in my life; every Somali seems to have this aristocratic air about them.

I can only imagine how Somalis would behave if their Nation was as wealthy as a Western State; Geeljires would probably declare themselves Gods.

It is embarrassing.

This is why I don’t like nationalism as it creates an illusion of superiority in a nation that does not exist in reality.

White nationalism, Black nationalism, Arab nationalism, any type needs to be discouraged.

reer

VIP
It is embarrassing.

This is why I don’t like nationalism as it creates an illusion of superiority in a nation that does not exist in reality.
atleast perisans western europeans iraqis levantines egyptians japanese can have some arrogance. idc where tf somali arrogance comes from. :wtf:

It is embarrassing.

White nationalism, Black nationalism, Arab nationalism, any type needs to be discouraged.

Pastoralists and nomads are almost invariably arrogant, and we see this with Nilotics as well. It needs to be dialled down.

I think classes on the dangers of Nationalism and demagoguery should be mandatory in high school.

I have no problem with patriotism and would actually encourage it; there's a difference between patriotism and Nationalism.

reer

VIP
Pastoralists and nomads are almost invariably arrogant, and we see this with Nilotics as well. It needs to be dialled down.

I think classes on the dangers of Nationalism and demagoguery should be mandatory in high school.

I have no problem with patriotism and would actually encourage it; there's a difference between patriotism and Nationalism.
other peoples: have civilizations
somalis: chase camels
somalis: we are best. 🐐🐐🐐
:russ:

Apollo

VIP

It is from the nomadic culture.

Peninsular Arabians, Central Asians, and Mongols are a bit similar in this.

Apollo

VIP
@Nilotic

If Kenya was a predominantly Maasai-Samburu country, they would just go to war with Somalia over this and ignore the ICJ ruling, probably take Kismaayo as well. :mjlol:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

atleast perisans western europeans iraqis levantines egyptians japanese can have some arrogance. idc where tf somali arrogance comes from. :wtf:

I think the civil war increased Somali nationalism.

I think many Somali parents fear about losing their children to the West and as a result placed a more concerted effort in teaching their children about Somalia and patriotism. This over compensated approach has created an echo chamber that turned patriotism into toxic nationalism.

In layman terms, Somalia is the self-conscious kid that is told by his parents that he is special and important to the extent that he grows up to be an arrogant prick.

reer

VIP
I think the civil war increased Somali nationalism.

I think many Somali parents fear about losing their children to the West and as a result placed a more concerted effort in teaching their children about Somalia and patriotism. This over compensated approach has created an echo chamber that turned patriotism into toxic nationalism.

In layman terms, Somalia is the self-conscious kid that is told by his parents that he is special and important to the extent that he grows up to be an arrogant prick.
even before the war somalis were xenophobic. sayid mohamed called arabs women and weak when his commanders asked to get help from arabs.
somalis have been racist to each other and foreigners. somalis are so racist we ended racism. you cant be racist if you hate everyone. :pachah1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
even before the war somalis were xenophobic. sayid mohamed called arabs women and weak when his commanders asked to get help from arabs.
somalis have been racist to each other and foreigners. somalis are so racist we ended racism. you cant be racist if you hate everyone. :pachah1:

We hate ourselves the most.

If you hate everyone and yourself then you don't really hate someone.

Trending