I wish remarriage with children wasn’t so common in our culture…

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I can't imagine me and my siblings sharing different fathers. Although for an odd person like me- i will take that challenge to study our differences, and how DNA contributes to personality- in general- it is unhealthy!

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
This is only common in some regions of Somaliweyn specifically in Somalia. Women remarrying multiple times is basically non-existent in SL

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
If woman and a man divorced, the children would be raised by the fathers side and the woman would move on. Thats how our culture was, I don’t personally agree with it but it is much better then then whatever bullshit we do these days. Men just abandon their kids, no accountability.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
I resent Somali parents who get remarried especially the ones who get married multiple times and have children with different partners. I remember I lived with this lady who had 3 kids with 2 fathers and was looking for a third husband 🤦🏾‍♀️

She was a struggling nurse who’s ex wouldn’t financially help at all and she was talking about going to the Middle East to find a husband. I also saw a old man on TIktok who had married 20 WOMEN in his lifetime. Do they not think how messed up the family dynamic might be? Do they not think of how they might neglect some of their children?

I’m the only kid of my mom and dad and everyone else is just a half sibling. It feels divided into teams walahi and Im just a one man band 💀 It’s really a mindfuck growing up with 4+ siblings with the same mom and dad and also having a huge age gap + war trauma ptsd kids who fucking hate my dad and cuss him out all the time.

They treated me well when I was a kid because they like kids but once I grew older and they saw my fathers face I think that’s when the bitterness and harsh treatment really hit even though they still tried to support me and we’re kind but it was not the same as with each other.

Whenever I would argue with one of my siblings, the rest would band together to defend them as if I were an outsider arguing with their family 💀 walahi the one thing I really resent my mom for is the fact that she didn’t bother giving me a sibling so at least I’d have someone.

They all live with each other peacefully even my mentally ill brother who causes so much harm, but I barely graduated high school from how many times I was kicked out of the house 💀 It got to a point where all of them would band together and when I would argue with one (angsty teenage behavior) they would all grab me from either side and shove me out of the house (hooyo included💀💀)

Anyway I wish I could order a rule in Somalia culture that you CANT remarry with more than 2 kids!!!! and cap at only 2 MARRIAGES!!!!!!! 😂😂😂
If they are mean towards you then cut them out of your life and the old man who married 20 is legend walhy I want to be like him.

What I've noticed in the past couple of weeks is that the line between what gaalos do in terms of dating and having sex with multiple partners and what Muslims do in getting married before sex is getting blurred. Men with multiple divorces but has lots of kids, women multiple divorces a lot kids... day by day these people are making the importance of marriage dwindle as they treat it like a boyfriend girlfriend relationship. Getting married just to have a man or getting married just to be able to have sex and not comitting zina, that's all people see marriage as these days. No wonder the divorce rate is stupidly high... treating marriage as a high school relationship then wonder why both men and women are broken regarding the subject of marriage
:snoop:

The reason why so many women remarry so quickly is because in Somali culture, divorced women are not considered undesirable hence they rush into another potentially terrible relationship.
I do agree with what you’re saying to an extent but that that problem is exclusively a older Gen issue. They don’t consider marriage a big deal. It’s like changing clothes for them.

my cousin in somalia is about to marry a reer badiye chick who got divorced 4!!! times. both in their 20s

back home if the girl you want gets married you just have to wait for your turn

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
It comes from a cultural necessity. In the past, a women must have 12 kids since only 3 will make it past the age of 9 due to disease and other factors. This means have as many kids as soon as possible.

Yaraye

VIP
I like the fact the remarriages is common in our culture, and that our women are still considered desirable after divorce/kids. However having kids in each remarriage is stupid. My mother remarried 4 times and my father twice. Both of them never had kids with the other remarriages for different reasons.

Whenever my mother would tell us that she's getting remarried again, I would hella excited!

New furniture replacing everything, gifts, new stepfather to bother. :rejoice:Me and my sisters had a blast! :mjlaugh:
So Excited Reaction GIF

and when my mother told us, "We got a divorce." My siblings and I would also be excited for the possibility of a new man to drain
Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
Remarriages are fun for the kids as long as the parents know how to do it right
Happy Fun GIF

It was watching my mother that I've learned:
1- love is not forever
2- Don't have too many kids
3- Never stay in a that requires too much shaqo relationship.
4- Women never lose value
5- There is always a new man in the horizon

Once shit hit's the fan, you hit the road!

Run Omg GIF by Kick Game

And when you get old, weak and wrinkly, forget men and their shit. Play with your grandkids, go out to brunch, gossip with friends, try new hobbies, and take up garden
American Horror Story House GIF by AHS

you should do this while young too :westbrookswag:

Remarriage is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!~~~~~
Chill Out Spinning GIF by Contextual.Matters

Last edited:
I think it’s your siblings that got the issue for treating you like an outsider and your mom for marrying someone that her kids don’t like and not condoning the actions of your siblings. Because that’s not normal family behavior. Some of my siblings don’t share the same father with me or the same mother but I never noticed it or were closer to others because I was full siblings with them. I can even argue that I’m closer to some of my half siblings more than my full sibling just because of personality differences. To be honest, I don’t even called them half siblings when I talk about them simply because I don’t notice it.

I think it’s your siblings that got the issue for treating you like an outsider and your mom for marrying someone that her kids don’t like and not condoning the actions of your siblings. Because that’s not normal family behavior. Some of my siblings don’t share the same father with me or the same mother but I never noticed it or were closer to others because I was full siblings with them. I can even argue that I’m closer to some of my half siblings more than my full sibling just because of personality differences. To be honest, I don’t even called them half siblings when I talk about them simply because I don’t notice it.
I’m sure all your half siblings at least have one full sibling, the dynamic is different I’m sure. I didn’t even think of them as my half siblings until I noticed they started making the distinction with their actions when I was a teen.

They treat me good and I’m sure they care in their own way just not the same as they do each other, and it’s painfully obvious.

I’m sure all your half siblings at least have one full sibling, the dynamic is different I’m sure. I didn’t even think of them as my half siblings until I noticed they started making the distinction with their actions when I was a teen.

They treat me good and I’m sure they care in their own way just not the same as they do each other, and it’s painfully obvious.
R u the only half sibling to them or do they as well have different father pairings?

This would make an adult feel like crap, imagine a teen dealing with this. 🙏

I always assumed siblings from the same mother had some unbreakable bond. If my mom gives birth to any child... I can't say the same for my dad.
The Champions Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
I’m certain my grandfather was responsible for at-least a full percentage of the annual Somali General Fertility Rate in different periods of the last 40 years. Now all of his kids, who are adults, sent him money, from across the world, on a monthly basis. The man is living large. A while back he put my aunt in her feelings because he didn’t remember who she was because she is one of a dozen daughters 🥹

I could never be this way. I have to know my son(s) and daughter(s), see them grow up and positively contribute to their existence on this planet.

Trending