I took a DNA test I'm not Somali ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DNA results have come I'm not suprised with the 1.4 percent Ethiopia since I'm from habar jeclo we were Muslim hararis who mixed in with the Somali community

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
apparently since after the fall of adal some hararis moved and settled amongst somalis
remember adals capital was harar,

their was even a harari sultan of adal once hes name was imam mahfuz who died fighting the abysinians his daughter bati del wambara later married imam gurey

so the arab habusheed myth might come from this , could have been based on some truths

Apollo

VIP
The Somali and Ethiopian component are relatively close. Anything under 2% could be totally fake (algorithmic miscalculation).

However, above 2%, I tend to think it is real. As certain Sheekhaal from Harar and vicinity tend to score the most Ethiopian among Somalis on 23andme.'

Garre Somalis score up to 25% Ethiopian. That is more of a real signal.

apparently since after the fall of adal some hararis moved and settled amongst somalis
remember adals capital was harar,

their was even a harari sultan of adal once hes name was imam mahfuz who died fighting the abysinians his daughter bati del wambara later married imam gurey

so the arab habusheed myth might come from this , could have been based on some truths
23 and me is still locating what region in Ethiopia my 1.4 percent is from it's got to be harari though cos us Somalis would never mix with amhara or tigray it's feels great to finally get to the bottom of the habar habuushed myth finally it's been debunked we were harars

The Somali and Ethiopian component are relatively close. Anything under 2% could be totally fake (algorithmic miscalculation).

However, above 2%, I tend to think it is real. As certain Sheekhaal from Harar and vicinity tend to score the most Ethiopian among Somalis on 23andme.'

Garre Somalis score up to 25% Ethiopian. That is more of a real signal.
25% fucking hell that's a red card bro I was worried with my 1percent apparently my paternal haplogroup e-m281 is only found in Ethiopians and south Yemenis though which is weird

Apollo

VIP
25% fucking hell that's a red card bro I was worried with my 1percent apparently my paternal haplogroup e-m281 is only found in Ethiopians and south Yemenis though which is weird

Hmm, what is E-M281.. let me look it up.

Edit: Wow, so you are E-V16. That is ancient as hell.. that is pre-E-M35.

https://isogg.org/tree/2017/ISOGG_HapgrpE17.html

Could you tell us your paternal macro-tribe and sub-clan, that would be very useful info.

@Grant @James Dahl @Nilotufian @MusIbr @World check this out, a rare paternal lineage carrier (not E-M78 nor T-M70).

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

Could you tell us your paternal macro-tribe and sub-clan, that would be very useful info.

@Grant @James Dahl @World check this out, a rare paternal lineage carrier.
what is that apollo

and why is it only found in amharas and yemenis

could it be its a mainly amhara lineage and was found in all habeshas including hararis and that some amharas who invaded yemen spread it their and the hararis spreaded it to the somalis

Apollo

VIP
what is that apollo

and why is it only found in amharas and yemenis

could it be its a mainly amhara lineage and was found in all habeshas including hararis and that some amharas who invaded yemen spread it their and the hararis spreaded it to the somalis

It is the ancient cousin of E1b1b1 (also known as E-M35), he is E1b1b2 (E-M281 / E-V16), split from them over 34,600 years ago. While E-M35 carriers meet up around 23,900 years ago.

@Grant @James Dahl @MusIbr @World check this out, a rare paternal lineage carrier (not E-M78 nor T-M70).
I'm from sanbuur subclan of HJ I haven't found any Somali with my paternal lineage on my relatives list tho I will try get some of my sanbuur cousins to take the test too the researchers say it's only found in a few Ethiopians but if it's in me its gotta be in the whole of sanbuur

Apollo

VIP
I'm from sanbuur subclan of HJ I haven't found any Somali with my paternal lineage on my relatives list tho I will try get some of my sanbuur cousins to take the test too the researchers say it's only found in a few Ethiopians but if it's in me its gotta be in the whole of sanbuur

Holy Shit!

Isaaqs are paternally diverse as hell if this is true.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Hararis are good people, but glad of this. You are destined to re-take Harar in the name of Somaal!

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
It is the ancient cousin of E1b1b1 (also known as E-M35), he is E1b1b2 (E-M281 / E-V16), split from them over 34,600 years ago. While E-M35 carriers meet up around 23,900 years ago.
how did they split up and when did these brother meet up again

its like a story of the long lost twin , where they eventually find eachother agin

Apollo

VIP
how did they split up and when did these brother meet up again

its like a story of the long lost twin , where they eventually find eachother agin

Lineages split up all the time, it is a natural process.

His lineage (E-V16) probably never left the Horn or Yemen. It stayed in that region. While E-M35 conquered all of North Africa and parts of the Levant and Balkans even.

Status
Not open for further replies.