I think polygamy is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
In the future conservatives will defend 'gay marriage' but will appose 'polygamy' and 'polyamory', KEK.

Conservatives are always only defending mores of just a generation ago.

Look polygamy was made because at the time of Islam there were wars women were left widowed and if she wasn't married she would be starving cause no income to support herself let alone her kids times aren't like that no more

And polygamy in the west were people get multiple wives and rely on benefits to support them is messed up how can you despise the gaal and the country yet go crawling begging them for handouts
If polygamy is allowed only when women outnumber men, does that mean women can have multiple husbands if there are more men than women? That's the case with China. There are more guys than girls. At least a hundred million more. So maybe xalimos need to add a husband or two to their household. In Tibet they have multiple husbands. So does Nepal. So maybe that's what @Shamis is pushing for. Can you imagine your wife saying "hubby, meet Abdiqadir, he will be joining us in bed tonight." Unbelievable.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
If polygamy is allowed only when women outnumber men, does that mean women can have multiple husbands if there are more men than women? That's the case with China. There are more guys than girls. At least a hundred million more. So maybe xalimos need to add a husband or two to their household. In Tibet they have multiple husbands. So does Nepal. So maybe that's what @Shamis is pushing for. Can you imagine your wife saying "hubby, meet Abdiqadir, he will be joining us in bed tonight." Unbelievable.

Look I'm being realistic Clearly your stuck on the idea of having your cake and eating it In islam you can only marry more than one wife if you can provide for them equally

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Polygamy just seems miserable is it worth it just to maintain multiple wives and all the kids that come with it?

Wouldn't even be able to take them to trips around the world not to mention hajj
I tell you what’s miserable if men are outnumbered by women and every woman get married to one man then what comes of the remaining women? Do you expect them to become lesbians? Now that’s miserable indeed

TooMacaan

VIP
Save me the western bullshit, if I don't lose sleep over something how can I sit there and say this was good and bad. There is no morals in survival, yes u need to get along with people and possibly adapt but deep down doesn't mean u have to believe any of it and that's when I diverge from most. If I ain't losing sleep over it, I'll do it and how will I know what is right and wrong if i don't try both out and see the effect it has on me. Cmon sxb don't give me that Dr Phil shit when I look outside and see a totally different survival of the fittest world. Pls don't bring god into it, that's where I diverge completely, god aint the one who is on trial here, it's me so I have to explore. Life is about me it's got nothing to do with god, I surrender completely to god but to you well sxb it will depend on my objectives.
It's not western bs, there's objective value in having integrity. I'm not claiming that morals are always black or white/right or wrong; akin to you, I also tend to see a lot of grey in things...but this is not one of those times where subjectivity can be justified. How does monogamy go against your survival in this current world?? If you're not capable of living up to your vows and remaining faithful in a relationship, it's better to just not enter it in the first place.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why do guys expect us to be okay with seeing someone we love with someone else?
What if women could have more than one husband?
Would you accept sharing your wife?
There would be a lot of jealous husbands
:childplease:

A- There is no expectation to defy the norm and a woman is inclined always to be selfish about her husband.
B- It is not practical for a woman to have more than one husband. It is by design. From social and religious norms. People want to know who is the father here? To maintain family and cohesive community etc.

A- There is no expectation to defy the norm and a woman is inclined always to be selfish about her husband.
B- It is not practical for a woman to have more than one husband. It is by design. From social and religious norms. People want to know who is the father here?

:drakewtf:

Okay

It isn’t practical for a man to have more than one wife
It doesn’t benefit the family

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
Wallahi I wouldn’t wanna be a woman bro.

Wallahi I love my hooyo but I wouldn’t wanna be in a million years, a woman bro.

That shit too hard bro.
:pachah1:

:drakewtf:

Okay

It isn’t practical for a man to have more than one wife
It doesn’t benefit the family

Polygamy meets certain needs. I can give you some scenarios. Say a believer is required to fulfil their desire the right and responsible way. They must marry right? But then that objective to be attainable, there has to be enough men to marry. So, a Muslim woman has the option to get into consent of marriage to stay pure and enjoy sex at the same time, have kids if she wants but mostly fulfill her needs first as a human being instead of staying celibate or beating her hand forever.. That can be a scenario.

If they dropped you in an island and I was already married, and you knew there is no way out, you will happily oblige to be a second. Another scenario.

Also, men generally want to marry women who are single or divorced with no kids. But we know life is not perfect for many, so there are women with kids who still need to live a dignified life and need a man. If no other opportunity other than married men are available in their domain, sure , why not? you agree?

Am not pushing for it btw, just stating some legit needs that polygamy serves.

What I am getting at is that polygamy has its uses. How do you think Somalis got their numbers? There was no way we could number into the millions with the nomadic lifestyle without polygamy. And we are the success story of it.

Last edited:
Polygamy meets certain needs. I can give you some scenarios. Say a believer is required to fulfil their desire the right and responsible way. They must marry right? But then that objective to be attainable, there has to be enough men to marry. So, a Muslim woman has the option to get into consent of marriage to stay pure and enjoy sex at the same time, have kids if she wants but mostly fulfill her needs first as a human being instead of staying celibate or beating her hand forever.. That can be a scenario.

If they dropped you in an island and I was already married, and you knew there is no way out, you will happily oblige to be a second. Another scenario.

Also, men generally want to marry women who are single or divorced with no kids. But we know life is not perfect for many, so there are women with kids who still need to live a dignified life and need a man. If no other opportunity other than married men are available in their domain, sure , why not? you agree?

What I am getting at is that polygamy has its uses. How do you think got their numbers? There was no way we could number into the millions with the nomadic lifestyle without polygamy. And we are the success story.

All those scenarios can work with polyandry
And the father of the child wouldn’t matter due to all the males treating the child as their own.
Also with DNA testing it’ll be easy to figure out the child’s father :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts