I got my 23andme DNA results šŸ¤Ø

father brother
Hmmm, since you mentioned Dir dhaba you could be Dir. T is very common with the Dir tribes from that region near Djibouti and Dirdhaba. I assume you are young and donā€™t have the means to spend 149 dollars? The only way we can be sure is for you to take the Yfull.

Hmmm, since you mentioned Dir dhaba you could be Dir. T is very common with the Dir tribes from that region near Djibouti and Dirdhaba. I assume you are young and donā€™t have the means to spend 149 dollars? The only way we can be sure is for you to take the Yfull.
If the kid of his fathers brother is T heā€™s T aswell. Thereā€™s really no need to do a generic test but a yfull test would be useful

Does anyone know how prevalent T is around the broader Harar region? Like do both oromos and non somali dir get a decent chunk of it?

Yes but the name Gedir does sound a Dir sub clan, we don't know the original Karanle unless all sub clans get tested.
This is what I need to find out. The common denominator among us all. Due to the complex multi ethnic nature of the region we will have Karanle with different types of lineages. There was a Gugundhabe with Ydna L from Galbeed on this forum. The area seems to have underwent a major transformation since the invasion of the Menelik and Lig Yasu. Many people from Harar run toward Baabili for safety because of Christian persecution.

Does anyone know how prevalent T is around the broader Harar region? Like do both oromos and non somali dir get a decent chunk of it?
So far on Yfull most members I believe are from Gadbursi and other Dir and Isaaq clans. If he happens to be on the same tree as the Dir-Isaaq clans then he is definitely a Dir assimilated into Karanle. For just 149 dollars we can find out.

Yh Iā€™m young + Iā€™m saving money for new laptop for school work because I canā€™t be ask going to the library

Garaad diinle

ī€šī€žī€¢ī€œī€  ī€ ī€Ÿī€”ī€ī€›
I havenā€™t been tested yet
But yes Iā€™m gidir not sexwaale.
since my cousin who tested himself long time ago got T so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the same for me and I know this family who is sexwaale (my family and his family know each other as close family friends) one of the sons is my age and Iā€™ve been asking him to test himself but he thinks he is just average somali E haplogroup however I convinced him other sexwaale got different results so letā€™s see how itā€™s go
Interesting. I remember reading about a karanle in djibouti that got the t haplogroup and i remember coming across this post about about a karanle with the t haplogroup.

So far 2 Karanle have taken the test Murusade he is EV32, he has upgraded to yfull so he will know wich sub clade of EV32 he is. Another Karanle on 23sndme is said to belong to haplogroup T.

So far on Yfull most members I believe are from Gadbursi and other Dir and Isaaq clans. If he happens to be on the same tree as the Dir-Isaaq clans then he is definitely a Dir assimilated into Karanle. For just 149 dollars we can find out.
Yeah thatā€™ll be great to have. What about studies or 23andme results. I havenā€™t come across any non isaaq/dir on mine

Interesting. I remember reading about a karanle in djibouti that got the t haplogroup and i remember coming across this post about about a karanle with the t haplogroup.
That study happend to have been undertaken by a scientict in Djibouti. The sample was labelled as ā€œHawiyeā€. No one knows what type of Hawiye it is as many Hawiye went there as refugees during the civil war. This study was made back in the early 2010s.

I need to ask niggaibn and @CulturedKay.
Culturedkay, what are the common Haplogroup lineages that Karanle get on 23&me?

So far, every karanle whom appear as my cousins and share their profiles/DNA with me have been murusade and they are ALL E-v32.

I haven't come across any other karanle on 23andme.

Weirdest thing is there are more MJ and marehaan that are my 3rd/4th cousins on 23andme.

So far, every karanle whom appear as my cousins and share their profiles/DNA with me have been murusade and they are ALL E-v32.

I haven't come across any other karanle on 23andme.

Weirdest thing is there are more MJ and marehaan that are my 3rd/4th cousins on 23andme.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. It seems I need to continue with my quest to find the common denominator among us. It need to focus on the other Karanle as Murusade seem to be all getting the same E as mine. I hope any karanle readjng this thread to get tested with Nebula deep whole genome sequencing or join this genetic forum for more information https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?11485-Somalis-and-E-Y17859/page165

Yeah thatā€™ll be great to have. What about studies or 23andme results. I havenā€™t come across any non isaaq/dir on mine
This is what baffles me. The T in those regions is so common in only Isaaq/Dir that I canā€™t help but wonder if our brother Niggaibn is Dir in origin.

Another possibility is that itā€™s a T that is ancestral to the Dir/Isaaq one and parallel to it. So a long lost brother basically,

Donā€™t forget we have another T that had nothing to do with the Dir/Isaaq T and was found in Bay/Bakool region.

Trending

Latest posts