I got my 23andme DNA results 🤨

So... I got my results, any of the haplogroup experts feel free to help me break it down. It turns out my half brother (aabo's side) did the DNA test too way before so I know my paternal haplogroup too 😏

Maternal haplogroup: m1a5 (murusade FULL Sabti)

Paternal haplogroup: J-CTS5368 (Sexawle Karanle)

Now I'm confused, because I've never come across this Y haplogroup and it seems to link back to middle east. However I have NO middle eastern DNA. I'm 99.6% east african.

I am 13.9% Ethiopian because my paternal great grandma was full Ethiopian).

I found 463 relatives most being my 3rd cousins 🤔

@convincation @Shimbiris @Mckenzie @Jungle @Garaad Hirabu

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230210-145128_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230210-145128_Samsung Internet.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 744
Asc Walaalo,

1. You DNA results are very interested, are you Karanle that border Oromia?
2. you are 99.6% Horn African, not East African as that term is very broad. It is interesting you got J, usually J is associated with Sheekhals, Madhiban, Yibir and Tumals, that latter two are very small clans.
3. I suggest you do yfull and update us.

Yo @Psychologist is J-CTS5368 a Gaboye subclade?

Asc Walaalo,

2. you are 99.6% Horn African, not East African as that term is very broad. It is interesting you got J, usually J is associated with Sheekhals, Madhiban, Yibir and Tumals, that latter two are very small clans.

I'm a female, I won't have access to Y full dna

Yes my dad
Asc Walaalo,

My dad is from Hobat/babile/funya birr he is karanle sexawle. His mother is ogaden.

My mum is Murusade, sabti from both sides from Ceelbur galgaduud

Garaad diinle

 
Interesting results. The j haplogroup is of eurasian origin so your ancestor might've originally come from the middle east but your not alone, the t haplogroup found among the dir is also said to have come from the middle east too.

There were a lot of arabs that came to somalia especially during the war with the habasha the largest group came at the time of ahmed gurey.

Have you tried to ask your family about your history? Perhaps they claim to have some sort of arab origin story. You can also ask them if you have any sort of special relationship with sheekhaals or madhibans.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The paternal haplogroup can be very ancient (2000+ years) or recent (less then couple generations). You or should I say your half brother is 99% somali and based on your posts, you know your abtirsi. Its likely its ancient.

The J haplogroup is from dad's side. I do know that Sheekhaal Qutub live around their towns.
When is comes to Madhibaan, historically Madhibaans are 'Maxamed Gorgaate Hawiye' .. similarto Hiraab who are 'Maxamud Gorgaate Haiwye' ...

My clan is 'Karanle Hawiye' so we cant we share a similar Haplogroup? 🤷‍♀️

YES
Interesting results. The j haplogroup is of eurasian origin so your ancestor might've originally come from the middle east but your not alone, the t haplogroup found among the dir is also said to have come from the middle east too.

There were a lot of arabs that came to somalia especially during the war with the habasha the largest group came at the time of ahmed gurey.

Have you tried to ask your family about your history? Perhaps they claim to have some sort of arab origin story. You can also ask them if you have any sort of special relationship with sheekhaals or madhibans.

Yes Ahmed Gurey was Sexawle Karanle too.

Garaad diinle

 
YES

Yes Ahmed Gurey was Sexawle Karanle too.
I've seen the sexawle abtiris of ahmad gurey and i know that there are karanle that still lives in hubaat which lay close to dirdhaba. It's very likely that he was a karanle.

Qabil dynamic changed a lot in hararghe especially during the last 500 years. Your unique haplogroup might belong to one of the mujahidin from yemen who fought along side ahmad gurey for all we know.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Asc Walaalo,

Yes, unless the person is aware of their arabia origin.
I'm a female, I won't have access to Y full dna
This is interesting, so here is what to do.

download the raw dna from 23andme

go to https://cladefinder.yseq.net/

Upload your raw dna on there

after that, there is (2) or (1) click on them till you expand through all, and then post your results here and i will see where you end up on the y full thing.

advise you to use a laptop, as it might need a space to download the raw dna.

Yes, unless the person is aware of their arabia origin.

This is interesting, so here is what to do.

download the raw dna from 23andme

go to https://cladefinder.yseq.net/

Upload your raw dna on there

after that, there is (2) or (1) click on them till you expand through all, and then post your results here and i will see where you end up on the y full thing.

advise you to use a laptop, as it might need a space to download the raw dna.

Hi, I tried doing that however it says sample corrupted or from a female. ?

My paternal great grandma is full Ethiopian
I think hawiye karanle are in the same boat as us sheekhash people, we are originally from harar and we have pretty interesting back story but I don’t really know much about hawiye karanle besides a couple of my distant 23 and me relatives are the same clan as well because a lot of you guys have Ethiopian in you guys as well