I feel pessimistic about our communities future

In this age of liberalism and woke culture and the forcing of the black identity label i think somalinimo will die a tragic death. For some odd reason everything underneath the sun in the somali culture is for some reason deemed 'toxic' and 'problematic'. All things that we consider to be our values is constantly getting shitted on. The only glue that is keeping the somali community in tact in the west are the old generation who escaped the civil war. I genuinely fear seeing the day where they start to die out.

It amazes me how South Asian and Arab communities seem to gatekeep their cultures for so many generations but we as 1st gen are going so far astray. Call me a racist if you will but I believe a good chunk of our problems come from us emulating a certain community in the west.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Talk about misplaced priorities. When I read your topic's title, I thought you were concerned about the real issues in the community: high crime rate, Sunni terror like the murder of the British Catholic MP, lack of integration, blaming whitey for all their problems that they caused themselves, and the large number of people who have not found partners for whatever reason.

Twitter is not real life. The same 50 people are bootyclapping for BLM. The rest (virtually 100%) wrongly looked down on BLM.

The one thing that will go in a few generations is the language, most young Somalis don't speak Af-Somali most of the time, instead they speak the language of the country they live in.
They will also speak English/German/French/Swedish or whatever, to their children and thus, by the 3rd or 4th diaspora generation- it's over.

For you young parents; If you are not speaking Af-Soomali to your children, you basically made your children lose their heritage.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The one thing that will go in a few generations is the language, most young Somalis don't speak Af-Somali most of the time, instead they speak the language of the country they live in.
They will also speak English/German/French/Swedish or whatever, to their children and thus, by the 3rd or 4th diaspora generation- it's over.

For you young parents; If you are not speaking Af-Soomali to your children, you basically made your children lose their heritage.
Tbf, it's not just a Somali thing, basically all immigrant groups go through the same experience. Though tbh, there's no excuse in the age of information, even if someone isn't fluent in the Language, they can easily find someone to teach it to their kids.

Tbf, it's not just a Somali thing, basically all immigrant groups go through the same experience. Though tbh, there's no excuse in the age of information, even if someone isn't fluent in the Language, they can easily find someone to teach it to their kids.

You're right, most communities fall prey to this. Somalis should never, we're not Whites who can assimilate. We would just turn into another madow group with no real roots, even worse if people marry out in higher numbers.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Talk about misplaced priorities. When I read your topic's title, I thought you were concerned about the real issues in the community: high crime rate, Sunni terror like the murder of the British Catholic MP, lack of integration, blaming whitey for all their problems that they caused themselves, and the large number of people who have not found partners for whatever reason.

Twitter is not real life. The same 50 people are bootyclapping for BLM. The rest (virtually 100%) wrongly looked down on BLM.
Sunni terror???? Wallahi you are one annoying ass gaalo. Nothing was even confirmed nacala. Uff take your cross and stick it up your a** gaalyaho

Most assimilated Somalis in western countries are black-washed and to a certain extent adopt ghetto values, think OP is correlating this with most of the communities flaws.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Finally showcasing your true colors huh?

What true colours?

You can choose to not call yourself Black or identify as such. I have no problem with those people.

But I am sick of Somalis that don't want to call themselves Black because they think madoows are below them.

OP fits the latter classification.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Sunni terror???? Wallahi you are one annoying ass gaalo. Nothing was even confirmed nacala. Uff take your cross and stick it up your a** gaalyaho

Lol @ nothing was confirmed. Typical propaganda. I guess the assassination was a Jewish plot too, right? Sunni terror/extremism is a top issue and I will not shy away from bringing it up since no one else does. Of course you mock Jesus. Get out my face Korean girl.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Most assimilated Somalis in western countries are black-washed and to a certain extent adopt ghetto values, think OP is correlating this with most of the communities flaws.

They only listen to rap and watch basketball, which is what white suburban kids do too. Even I do that.

Copy what works best for you and leave the rest. I was shocked to see people arguing over "interest" while living here in the West, we have a lot of work to be done.

All immigrant groups go through this after a couple generations but our community is losing the language at an alarming rate. Most first gens Somalis born in Canada speak broken Somali or no Somali at all

I blame our parents generation that wasn’t proactive with teaching the language, opening up language schools for the weekends etc. My parents used me and my siblings to practice their English ffs and now wonder why our Somali is trash
:childplease:

Lower class Somalis will follow madows
Middle- Upper class will not
Simple

Most issues in our society negatively and disproportionately affect low income people.

If you go to prisons, the non-Blacks who are there are the ones who took the Black culture.

No surprise that the Somalis who took the Black American culture are having the same problems that Black Americans have been having for hundreds of years.

Imagine coming here from Somalia as a refugee and starting on a clean slate, and you choose to set your descendants back hundreds of years by wasting your life away.

Your kids will pick up where you left off. Work as hard as you can, so they don't have to pick up your slack.