I don't understand why Somali diaspora don't invest small factory businesses in Somalia

What's holding us back from setting up, small factory to midsize factories in Somalia?
Peace can only be achieved when everyone is busy with his own life.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I always ask myself this question when I see successful businessmen and businesswomen who are doing well in countries like Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Tanzania etc

I think its because of security reasons, qabiil wars, caano qabiil etc

Somali’s for most part can’t be busy because they’re focused on other people most of the time. This is one of the reason we’re behind other nations.

There's plenty of peaceful places in Somalia, most of Somalia is peaceful land. There's no fighting going in most parts of Somalia.
It's a win win situation for both parties, diaspora would become wealthier in the west and the people in Somalia would get jobs, Somalia overall would become a better place.
After we kick started our own industrialization era, foreign investors will follow the trend and will invest more.
If we sit back and wait for the perfect time, nothing would change. Somalis would get robbed by foreigners and our resources will be taken by foreign countries.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
This is a good example of what your speaking on.

The dude is using the skills and machinery from UK in Somali, and has a monopoly on eggs now. All he needs to do is expand, perhaps get a few trucks.

Boom. Then you will have less importing eggs because they are made domestically now. There are all sorts of needs that could be met by businesses back home that aren't being satisfied.

Somali business men/women thrive their businesses out Somalia because they don't want to feed their entire tribe they belong to. You can't make coins when all your relatives lining up day in and day out for help. Nepotism is also another problem in Somalia not so much security .....if security was an issue they had fled from South Africa.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
There's plenty of peaceful places in Somalia, most of Somalia is peaceful land. There's no fighting going in most parts of Somalia.
It's a win win situation for both parties, diaspora would become wealthier in the west and the people in Somalia would get jobs, Somalia overall would become a better place.
After we kick started our own industrialization era, foreign investors will follow the trend and will invest more.
If we sit back and wait for the perfect time, nothing would change. Somalis would get robbed by foreigners and our resources will be taken by foreign countries.
You can’t industrialize without cheap stable and available energy that is next to impossible for the private sector to produce with blatant & obscene levels of corruption at every corner and constant violence/political instability.

Why build anything in Kismayo if the president is trying to fight a war against it? Why invest in Galkacyo when there are constant clashes between clans? Why spend time building a business in Somaliland when the president uses corruption and steals what people own using clan ties?

These are if anything some of the safest cities in Somalia your talking about don’t even get me started on Xamar or Baydhabo this is a rabbit hole.

Same, I shall use my brother as my speaker, I'll just act deaf for the time being until I can learn Somali.

You are doing ok. Saw some of your post where you attempt to write some Somali pharases. Read and listen to Somali BBC News that's where you learn authentic Somali.

Qali

Certified Pimp.
You are doing ok. Saw some of your post where you attempt to write some Somali pharases. Read and listen to Somali BBC News that's where you learn authentic Somali.
Thank you saxiib :it0tdo8: do you think my Somali could vastly improve if a listen to BBC Somalia alot?

Thank you saxiib :it0tdo8: do you think my Somali could vastly improve if a listen to BBC Somalia alot?

Of course. If i did it you can do it too. I'm self taught. I can speak fluent Somali, write and understand almost all Somali regional dialects except Afmaay which barely understand.

Qali

Certified Pimp.
Of course. If i did it you can do it too. I'm self taught. I can speak fluent Somali, write and understand almost all Somali regional dialects except Afmaay which barely understand.
How bad was your Somali prior to learning it? Were you a Hoyo mataalo?

Trending

Latest posts