I am an ex muslim now. need to non muslims advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Our dhaqan is intertwined with values and traditions that derive from our deen, we've been Muslims for much of the history of Islam.

A ex Muslim somali can be somali in my eyes, but they can't claim to represent culture, tradition, or anything.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
Doesnt matter if you leave milions of cadans ready to convert, replace you and take xalimos.
I will never leave halimo's behind. The greatest thing about being Somali is the halimo's. If needed I will bring them with me on my path of discovery away from the deen.
:banderas::banderas::ahh::ahh::feedme:

You're still a brother in Somalinimo sxb. I respect Somali non-muslims that don't insult Islam & still adhere to our cultural/conservative values & take pride in their Somali identity.

i would say that it would be a convenient claim. causation does not equate correlation and vice versa. values can be shared. like you say it comes down to how much you make yourself believe in it. key word here being conviction. "find conviction in your heart". sounds a lot like indoctrination doesn't it?

I think you meant to say Correlation does not imply causation. I don't understand how the phrase is useful in your argument.

You are more into the "convenience" zone than I am. People who are not muslims in islamic households are people looking for convenient ways to pursue their desires that contradict the culture they see around them.

The smart move is to hold your tongue, be honest about your choices, move on without pretending you have an idea of what you gave up on.

Drink to your heart's content if you want for example, but don't justify that by saying God does not exist or Islam is bad. That would be futile move and it backfires often.

Our dhaqan is intertwined with values and traditions that derive from our deen, we've been Muslims for much of the history of Islam.

A ex Muslim somali can be somali in my eyes, but they can't claim to represent culture, tradition, or anything.

Bro, you were denying me Cushitic's hand because I am not supposedly from her clan. Were is that in ISLAM?

Can you double check your book please? Ain't cool to reject a brother like that.

:kendrickcry:

I think you meant to say Correlation does not imply causation. I don't understand how the phrase is useful in your argument.

You are more into the "convenience" zone than I am. People who are not muslims in islamic households are people looking for convenient ways to pursue their desires that contradict the culture they see around them.

The smart move is to hold your tongue, be honest about your choices, move on without pretending you have an idea of what you gave up on.

Drink to your heart's content if you want for example, but don't justify that by saying God does not exist or Islam is bad. That would be futile move and it backfires often.
are you implying that i left the deen because i wanted to have fun in the dunya? no. i left because it no longer coincided with my belief systems. simple. but good psychoanalysis. :whoa:

are you implying that i left the deen because i wanted to have fun in the dunya? no. i left because it no longer coincided with my belief systems. simple. but good psychoanalysis. :whoa:

Your take on Islam in defense of your choice fell short. Wish the best for you moving forward in your hedonism. Someday when you hit the bottom and realize a swig from henny does not equate God you might return to the fold.

Some Somalis do drink and party. Their conviction in God's existence makes them stay in the faith and they hope to change their ways in order their actions to reflect their faith. These strugglers are smarter than you.

Adiga, convictionba maadan lahayd to begin with, so you started rock bottom and seem to be going deeper, justifying that with weak arguments. You traded everything for an inferior explanation and you think you are smart for that.

I hope you learn from experience and return to your roots.

Death is the ultimate fate waiting for all. It is enough of a mystery that one thinks twice about Life and the wisdom behind it.

:manny:

Your take on Islam in defense of your choice fell short. Wish the best for you moving forward in your hedonism. Someday when you hit the bottom and realize a swig from henny does not equate God you might return to the fold.

Some Somalis do drink and party. Their conviction in God's existence makes them stay in the faith and they hope to change their ways in order their actions to reflect their faith. These strugglers are smarter than you.

Adiga, convictionba maadan lahayd to begin with, so you started rock bottom and seem to be going deeper, justifying that with weak arguments. You traded everything for an inferior explanation and you think you are smart for that.

I hope you learn from experience and return to your roots.

Death is the ultimate fate waiting for all. It is enough of a mystery that one thinks twice about Life and the wisdom behind it.

:manny:
You assume that I'm rejecting god, I am criticising whether he is up there or not.:drakewtf: you still haven't understood. The fact that you assume that i am like this because of "desires", says more about you than me... :hmm:

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
what made you stop feeling so guilty.

Hahaha.

You see those atheist Somalis criticising Islam every time it comes across into their way? You see them commenting in every thread vaguely related to Islam?

Do you know why? Even though they turned away from Islam, deep down inside, they know the truth that is Islam. They try to criticise Islam at every turn with a hope they will eventually manage to find an actual fault in Islam. They constantly seek for a validation they will never get.

The truth is, once you've seen the truth, you'll never stop feeling guilty. You will be forever wondering if you have ever made a correct decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending