I’m a colorist because Iman is my ideal black woman.

It can be edited by any neef that has access the internet how tf does that make it significantly reliable :jaynerd:
Not really. You have to make an account to edit and even then there are monitors and if you purposely misinform you will be permanently banned. And Wikipedia is and will always be a great source of information. It just has an undeserving poor reputation.

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
Not really. You have to make an account to edit and even then there are monitors and if you purposely misinform you will be permanently banned. And Wikipedia is and will always be a great source of information. It just has an undeserving poor reputation.

you genuinely believe the monitors can get to everything? Kkk, still a way worse and shaky source than a good portion of the rest of the internet. The information found on Wikipedia is also easily found at much better sources, in which your chances of a random sentence that was edited by some neef are extremely small.

Attachments

• 72F4AD4D-56F9-410C-906C-64C10BBBF100.jpeg
    72F4AD4D-56F9-410C-906C-64C10BBBF100.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 41
  • FE4F5023-1739-4435-A3CC-EC85FE61D57E.jpeg
    FE4F5023-1739-4435-A3CC-EC85FE61D57E.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 7DEDB1B1-24E8-440D-B112-BA1D2211E57F.jpeg
    7DEDB1B1-24E8-440D-B112-BA1D2211E57F.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 34
  • D5D1AEDA-616D-43C1-B80F-DC65B272DA53.jpeg
    D5D1AEDA-616D-43C1-B80F-DC65B272DA53.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 46

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Right now I'm lightskin because I've been staying inside but if I went to somalia no doubt I'd become dark as Taharqa
Grow in the sun, makes the tan feel great!
Hahaha, Also drink water before you melt from being too hot.

Sxb the only time you get is now so take in as much outdoors you can tolerate at a time. What a time we live in yes, eh?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't really care for what she is considered by others or even what she herself identifies as, the fact of the matter is she's not Black. A fact is a fact regardless of opinion, fact and opinion are two different things. I am not pathetic, nor am I a black slave. That word means nothing to me as an East African, you can leave your ignorance to yourself thank you very much. Clearly you're new to debate but you can't just make claims but not prove them. Why should I call myself by the colour of a pencil which doesn't even closely resemble my skin tone? It doesn't make much sense does it? Black isn't an identity, merely a skin-colour classification. End of discussion.
As baseless as the idea of a "black race" is, it still is heavily incorporated into western society, and whether you like it or not that is how you will be perceived in those societies. In short, they don't give a f*ck about "muh cushitic linguistic classificaiton!!!" or "muhhh Levantine ancestry!!" or how "We wuzzzz Natufians n shieett" and lastly they certainly don't care about "muhh caucasoid skull".

Yes, Somalis are distinct from other Non-Somali Africans in a variety of ways but the imperfect concept of race doesn't acknowledge that nor has it ever accounted for diversity within said racial groups, and the so-called "races" you mentioned as having been actually based on science and concrete evidence are actually just the same thing as the current form of race we're discussing now. Racial classifications revolving around phrenology and concepts of DNA-based race such as the whole Negroid/Caucasoid Bs, are all discredited pseudo-science with no peer-reviewed studies that even remotely support them or suggest a slight level of validity, these forms of racial classifications are more frequently used and defended by Far-right White Supremacists who attempt to use these classifications to try and convince people that Non-white people aren't Human. Not a good look for you or your argument nonetheless.

You're full of shit. If you don't want to claim black for your own reasons feel free to.

As baseless as the idea of a "black race" is, it still is heavily incorporated into western society, and whether you like it or not that is how you will be perceived in those societies. In short, they don't give a f*ck about "muh cushitic linguistic classificaiton!!!" or "muhhh Levantine ancestry!!" or how "We wuzzzz Natufians n shieett" and lastly they certainly don't care about "muhh caucasoid skull".

Yes, Somalis are distinct from other Non-Somali Africans in a variety of ways but the imperfect concept of race doesn't acknowledge that nor has it ever accounted for diversity within said racial groups, and the so-called "races" you mentioned as having been actually based on science and concrete evidence are actually just the same thing as the current form of race we're discussing now. Racial classifications revolving around phrenology and concepts of DNA-based race such as the whole Negroid/Caucasoid Bs, are all discredited pseudo-science with no peer-reviewed studies that even remotely support them or suggest a slight level of validity, these forms of racial classifications are more frequently used and defended by Far-right White Supremacists who attempt to use these classifications to try and convince people that Non-white people aren't Human. Not a good look for you or your argument nonetheless.

You're full of shit. If you don't want to claim black for your own reasons feel free to.
Bruh that guy could be dead for all we know why you replying to someone in a thread from 2020 💀

Many who want to claim not being black are just young guys do this because of conflicts with jamaican, AA in the diaspora or becausethey think being seesn as non-black would help theie image. I would just ignore them. No somali in real life outside this obscure forum claims to be non black.

Black race is literally a social construct, that's why people say race isn't real. Along with Europeans changing the definition of white people from only Nordic peoples to eventually allowing Mediterraneans, Celts, Semites, Slavs, etc.

People do fit into Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid. Those terms aren't used in social settings anymore because Madows thought it was dehumanizing.

Somalis aren't Negroid=black btw.
No, The following terms aren't used in social settings because they were never created to be utilized under explicitly social settings. They have their origins in 1800s Anthropology that more or less aimed to solidify racial theories about a white master race. Negroid and Caucasoid were not common terms of usage in 20s America, why? Because Negroid and Black are totally different constructs serving very different purposes.

Yes going back to maybe 20s anthropological studies as a Somali you would not go down with the physical/skeletal cluster deemed "Negroid" depending on whatever arbitrary numbers/observations they had for it. But your race doesn't change at all. Notice the usage of Black Caucasian which became very common to use in reference to Horn Africans. There is a distinction made in the latter and more anthropological-esque concept in which you are given "Caucasian" but the former and unarguably almost entirely social version of race remains unchanged for you and that is black. Also, don't bother using Indians as an example because while dubbed "Caucasian" in this same sense "Black Caucasian" has never been applied to them so it begs the question (with an obvious answer) why it's done to horners but not the overly cited "Dark skin south indians".

The latter concept of race has been heavily scrutinized by recent and more modern science and as a result has become outdated and has been futile at serving its original intended purpose. It is as a result not used very often and I'll be shocked to find a reputable scientific/anthropological study still using the given terms. However, the former concept of race geared with uses of social groupings, is still widely in use today. You may ask why, but quite honestly I'm not very certain myself, even if this concept of race is heavily unscientific and has ALSO been disproven and discredited hundreds and thousands of times, but things ranging from social issues, inherent systemic inequalities, civil struggle and a need to solve these problems lead to this concept of race becoming one that western societies in specific frequently use and at one point depended on to acknowledge these issues. Now even in a society where all races are more or less treated equally, the concept is still there and as useless as it is, it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. My take is fucking beat it and deal with it. You don't wanna be black? Go ahead but blame the European pieces of shit that came up with this whole thing in the first place and leave other Black people (who were powerless when this nonsense was being made up) out of it. Jaree*s are not responsible for you being perceived as black.

Bruh that guy could be dead for all we know why you replying to someone in a thread from 2020 💀
Because the "Somalis aren't black discussion" is one that really interests me and I'm yet to speak to a Somali who can provide me with answers that can totally validate the statement. I'd rather continue an already present but dead discussion than start a new one and restart the whole process of chaos for about 3-4 months straight lol.

Many who want to claim not being black are just young guys do this because of conflicts with jamaican, AA in the diaspora or becausethey think being seesn as non-black would help theie image. I would just ignore them. No somali in real life outside this obscure forum claims to be non black.
True. I have lots of Somali friends, all content with what race they belong to. It's just I see this being said online quite often and I am yet to find one Somali who can provide any reasonable explanation to justify this way of thinking.

Im fine with Somalis who disassociate with "black" because they don't want to conform to a label made by the "devilish white man" because I partly agree and can respect that. But the Somalis that try to actually conjure up evidence to support this claim end up digging themselves into a hole because the evidence they cite is almost always indirectly against what they're claiming or is in fact to the contrary/unrelated to the point of discussion. And I have had this discussion HUNDREDS of times, it almost always ends in me just getting ghosted when I provide a logical counter-argument or insults being dished out and my ethnicity being attacked (probably a defense mechanism from incapable "Ana Arabs").

Because the "Somalis aren't black discussion" is one that really interests me and I'm yet to speak to a Somali who can provide me with answers that can totally validate the statement. I'd rather continue an already present but dead discussion than start a new one and restart the whole process of chaos for about 3-4 months straight lol.

Fair enough I'll leave you to it I personally don't care about race its a social construct after all and there is no such thing as black unity globally so I don't see the point in arguing for or against this

Garaad diinle

 
Never have i ever been called black nor is it ever used here where i live. You'd be laughed at if you call yourself black here. This is most likely an america problem has nothing to do with the rest us. I've always been called either a somali or an african by friend and co-workers.

It's somali from murica projecting on the rest of us. Imagine me calling you the global southist or a sub-sahran because that what we call somali here. I really don't care what you call us somalis cause at the end of the day i introduce myself however i see fit period.

Never have i ever been called black nor is it ever used here where i live. You'd be laughed at if you call yourself black here. This is most likely an america problem has nothing to do with the rest us. I've always been called either a somali or an african by friend and co-workers.

It's somali from murica projecting on the rest of us. Imagine me calling you the global southist or a sub-sahran because that what we call somali here. I really don't care what you call us somalis cause at the end of the day i introduce myself however i see fit.
Im talking about most western societies. I know not all of them utilise the mentioned racial terms. But the most prominent examples are, USA, UK, Canada, France, Netherlands and Spain and Germany a little less but it's still more or less present.

Fair enough I'll leave you to it I personally don't care about race its a social construct after all and there is no such thing as black unity globally so I don't see the point in arguing for or against this
Im against Black being used as a label, my reasoning is just very different to the reasoning Somalis have.

Im against Black being used as a label, my reasoning is just very different to the reasoning Somalis have.
Your not somali I guess?
Ok tell me your reasoning I believe we probably share the same reasoning because I don't think anyone should be identifying as black with the exception of African Americans.