how you see somalia future economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shamis

The ports. Private aviation. Cotton farming for Egypt. That's all we have right now. We need private beaches for hotels so white people can get naked without it affecting our society

M

Mr.Stone

The ports. Private aviation. Cotton farming for Egypt. That's all we have right now. We need private beaches for hotels so white people can get naked without it affecting our society

Private naked beaches ??? they giving out fatwas against triangular samosas, banning new years celebrations adigana private naked beaches ba ka hadleeysa.
35in.gif

S

Shamis

Private naked beaches ??? they giving out fatwas against triangular samosas, banning new years celebrations adigana private naked beaches ba ka hadleeysa.
35in.gif

That's for us (Samosa was Kabaabs idea lol ) but we need the tourist dollar so I hope they just contain these influences to private places like Dubai does.

Sultana

On Hiatus
Next 30 years? Basic industry mostly, including tourism as well, and niche markets for the diaspora. All I hope is that Somalis are smart enough to put our energy emphasis on renewable sources such as solar, wind and hydroelectric, we have enough of those to potentially power the whole country. And that we build our country's infrastructure using the best materials, but that's probably not going to happen. We had the civil war at the worst time possible, just when other economies have started to enter the information age. So we're very far behind.

Last edited:
S

SOMACOON

This is the first question every Farax whos politically motivated asks when first signing up

S

SOMACOON

giphy.gif

Naked beaches kulahaa

M

Mr.Stone

Okay
ref-time-out.jpg
people
both of you got a yellow card before this get nasty, anyway haguu so jeedsaniin the referee and beat me up :browtf:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Nationalized oil, trillion dollar sovereign wealth fund, regional telecommunication and banking empires all over Africa cuz we already good wit dat, commercial farmin, prime coastal real estate, tourism of course, mostly tryna get away from just a resource based economy like other African hellholes wit crazy inequality

agriculture agriculture and more agriculture!
idk bout somalia but sland imports close to 700m worth of food every year with trade deficit at 500m. the arable land that isnt cultivated is 70%.
service industry is the most promising while manufacturing has great potential to compete with those of kenya.
insha allah if the elections take place and stability continues, oil will be produced and as opec predicted $70 per barrel in 2020. somalia will prosper and every illiterate faarax and xaliimo will be vacatinonin in the bahamas!

Apollo

VIP
I'm not sure about Somalia considering the perpetual chaos.

But for Ethiopia I can clearly see them becoming economically similar to the Southeast Asian countries who produce all these goods based on cheap labor. Once SE Asian countries become too expensive for multinational corporations they will move towards countries like Ethiopia.

Recently many Chinese companies already opened factories in Ethiopia.

@Amun ur dead wrong. theres no cheap labor in ethiopia anymore.

" What is the greatest myth about doing business in Ethiopia?
The assumption that the cost of labour is cheap. That may have been true 10-20 years ago when the country was rising from a debilitating famine, but certainly not today if you want to keep healthy and productive labour relations."

considerin their huge and rapid growin population there will be poverty and their economy, inequility gini coefficient and HDI always will stay behind that of somalias "failed state" .
unless a democratic gov replaces the current one.
overall im very optimistic east africas economy esp somalia will emerge as african tigers economically.

Last edited:
The potential Somalia has is massive everyone in the world wants a junk of Somalia. Turkey, India, USA, Russia, Iran, China and many more countries want a part however Somali elders are so busy talking about bullshit qabil and a parliament which the US put in place full of puppets.
If they get rid of the terrorist groups and the occupying forces, Somalia can become a powerful nation, give maybe more than 20 years to fully stabilize, and who knows where somalia can reach.

McD30

Bored to death
We need to integrate Somali Bantus into our society to have a good economy. Every major economy has grown out of the agricultural sector and Bantus have the largest segment of farmers in the country.

We need to integrate Somali Bantus into our society to have a good economy. Every major economy has grown out of the agricultural sector and Bantus have the largest segment of farmers in the country.
i dont think its gonna work cuz theres still many ethnic somalis who are unemployed and should be priority in large scale intensive agribusiness.
plus their farmers arent that much imo.

McD30

Bored to death
i dont think its gonna work cuz theres still many ethnic somalis who are unemployed and should be priority in large scale intensive agribusiness.
plus their farmers arent that much imo.
I do not think Somalis are willing to do farm work. It's sort of like Mexicans vs Americans. It's hard labour. Plus Somali have sense of pride thinking they are above that sort of work.

I do not think Somalis are willing to do farm work. It's sort of like Mexicans vs Americans. It's hard labour. Plus Somali have sense of pride thinking they are above that sort of work.
well, if all bantus in somalia are put into agriculture business it wont be enough.
somali pride is overrated, two third of somalis are unskilled semi illiterate. so someone gotta work. when agriculture contributes to more than 80% percent of our gdp, alot of em will be forced to work in every field of agribusiness

McD30

Bored to death
well, if all bantus in somalia are put into agriculture business it wont be enough.
somali pride is overrated, two third of somalis are unskilled semi illiterate. so someone gotta work. when agriculture contributes to more than 80% percent of our gdp, alot of em will be forced to work in every field of agribusiness
I can't imagine Somalis picking up a plow. There are only a few thousand fishermen in the country even though we have the longest coastline in Africa. The government should make it an attractive employment by funding agricultural co-ops but sadly that can't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending