How would you feel if your father became polygamous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
You don't need to know since you don't have plans to visit the motherland :icon lol:
Prayers to the Lord, my mom told me how jealous the women are there. They'd try to mess with me. Pour acid over my face lile the Pakis, spike my drinks. They'd be even more jealous if they learned that I'm a virgin and that I'm saving myself until marriage.

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
That's what I told him. Everyone in my family is mad at him. He's almost the age his father died at... He already has 10 kids, it's beyond me why he wants more. I guess we're all disappointments to him.

My son would be a dissapointment too if he spoke about me the way your speaking about your dad. Looking forward to his death. Even your mom aint as mad as you seem to be since she dont wanna divorce him

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
My son would be a dissapointment too if he spoke about me the way your speaking about your dad. Looking forward to his death. Even your mom aint as mad as you seem to be since she dont wanna divorce him

I'm not going to get into this anymore. I just want to say the reason my mother doesn't divorce him is because she is loyal, and actually loves the guy. He clearly doesn't feel the same way anymore.

Vision

I'm not going to get into this anymore. I just want to say the reason my mother doesn't divorce him is because she is loyal, and actually loves the guy. He clearly doesn't feel the same way anymore.
Your mom is still able to love him yet you, his son or daughter cant stand him. I'm sure your mom never asked you to go that far for her. He is clearly a G tho since he dont give a f**k what any of y'all broke mofos waiting for his fortune think. Thats why he wants better children

:hemad:

Aaegal

Your mom is still able to love him yet you, his son or daughter cant stand him. I'm sure your mom never asked you to go that far for her. He is clearly a G tho since he dont give a f**k what any of y'all broke mofos waiting for his fortune think. Thats why he wants better children

:hemad:

He doesn't even respect the wishes of his own mother who is totally against this. His mother loves mine like she was her own child, and he's still going on with hurting her. My mother won't divorce him, but she herself is really mad that he's doing this.

Vision

He doesn't even respect the wishes of his own mother who is totally against this. His mother loves mine like she was her own child, and he's still going on with hurting her. My mother won't divorce him, but she herself is really mad that he's doing this.
If this new wife gives him children god willing, will you hate them too?

Aaegal

If this new wife gives him children god willing, will you hate them too?

I'll resent them for a while. It's only human nature. I understand they have no choice in being brought into this world, but it's still upsetting.

Lol but they willing to disown their own fathers for taking up second wives. ALLah said "inal munafiqiina fidarkalil asfali mina naar". They go to the lowest parts of hell.

Damn you guys are emotional lol there's not reason for a man to take another wife, if he does it's purely out of selfish reason.

Half the time I think some of u don't even care about ur mothers wallahi they way u go on about"bu but it's allowed in islam"!!!" Most polygomous family's are dysfunctional as f*ck, done behind ur back and the father often abandon his old fam for his shiny new wife and kids. Sry if I want no part of that

Damn you guys are emotional lol there's not reason for a man to take another wife, if he does it's purely out of selfish reason.

Half the time I think some of u don't even care about ur mothers wallahi they way u go on about"bu but it's allowed in islam"!!!" Most polygomous family's are dysfunctional as f*ck, done behind ur back and the father often abandon his old fam for his shiny new wife and kids. Sry if I want no part of that
telling your father not to do something that makes him ins't selfish?:hmm:
Not all men who marry multiple times leave or abandon their prior families. If they do, they are wrong. So you can't really use that as a reason since a man can marry again and still be part of his other family and kids.

Lastly, why don't you address that last point? How would you feel about your father disowning you for leaving Islam? If he did, wouldn't that mean your relationship with your father is "dysfunctional"? and wouldn't it be so because you are pursuing your own happiness? selfish?

telling your father not to do something that makes him ins't selfish?:hmm:
Not all men who marry multiple times leave or abandon their prior families. If they do, they are wrong. So you can't really use that as a reason since a man can marry again and still be part of his other family and kids.

Lastly, why don't you address that last point? How would you feel about your father disowning you for leaving Islam? If he did, wouldn't that mean your relationship with your father is "dysfunctional"? and wouldn't it be so because you are pursuing your own happiness? selfish?

For him to take a second wife It would require my mother's consent, which I know for a fact is something she definitely does not want to happen. How could i respect him then if he directly goes against her wishes? It's one thing to get a divorce AND then marry a new wife but the former practice is vile :camby:

Sorry but I don't see how he'd reasonably be able to provide for both families with his current salary, we're not rich. Who's gonna take care of my younger siblings and mother? :comeon: mt older brother and I would have to step in in that case and that's bullshit . If that's not the definition of selfish then I don't know what is.

Leaving an ideology = abandoning all responsibilities for ones family. Totally the same thing :O27GWRK:

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
Not all men who marry multiple times leave or abandon their prior families.

It is extremely rare to see one that sticks around. From what I've seen, If they do stick around they'll usually visit twice a month for a brief moment. That is not a father. I'm sure you won't behave that way if you had kids.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Most Somali dudes from this gen snd the previous one should focus on raising one family that doesn't produce any hoes, criminals or drug addicts. Then maybe the next generation can think about multiple wives.

Aaegal

It is extremely rare to see one that sticks around. From what I've seen, If they do stick around they'll usually visit twice a month for a brief moment. That is not a father. I'm sure you won't behave that way if you had kids.
Yup my dad is married to two women right now, he's looking to marry his third. I've probably lived with him for about a year total through out my entire life. It's bullshit. These people act like we're just suppose to be okay with it...

Yup my dad is married to two women right now, he's looking to marry his third. I've probably lived with him for about a year total through out my entire life. It's bullshit. These people act like we're just suppose to be okay with it...
Uququl walidain braddar, if our parents tells us to jump off a building best believe ur suppose to jump :comeon:

Don't ever think of questioning them or having anything resembling independent thought

For him to take a second wife It would require my mother's consent, which I know for a fact is something she definitely does not want to happen. How could i respect him then if he directly goes against her wishes? It's one thing to get a divorce AND then marry a new wife but the former practice is vile :camby:

Sorry but I don't see how he'd reasonably be able to provide for both families with his current salary, we're not rich. Who's gonna take care of my younger siblings and mother? :comeon: mt older brother and I would have to step in in that case and that's bullshit . If that's not the definition of selfish then I don't know what is.

Leaving an ideology = abandoning all responsibilities for ones family. Totally the same thing :O27GWRK:
Not the same thing? Both involve someone cutting ties with a family member, they are exactly the same thing.
He does not need her consent. You shouldn't be choosing sides anyway. what kind of neef are you?

They are qashin those men. If he can take care of both or more families, he has no business getting married more than once.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!

I'm sorry brother, the people I know who have been through it are well over their 30s now. They've toughened up and let their father do whatever because their words could not get to him. They are practically strangers now since they've all moved away.

Talk to your father about it. If that fails then there is nothing much you can do.

Not the same thing? Both involve someone cutting ties with a family member, they are exactly the same thing.
He does not need her consent. You shouldn't be choosing sides anyway. what kind of neef are you?

f*ck that if he decides to up and leave and dump all this responsibilities best believe I'll be picking sides :draketf: what kind of neef are you horta tell me if ur mum reacting like the cadcad women in that video posted on here awhile back would u not be even a little bit upset?

I'm cutting off a person who willingly sets out to destroy his own family whereas in ur scenerio he's cutting off someone leaving an ideology which is entirely out of ones control :drakewtf: i can't force myself to believe again

f*ck that if he decides to up and leave and dump all this responsibilities best believe I'll be picking sides :draketf: what kind of neef are you horta tell me if ur mum reacting like the cadcad women in that video posted on here awhile back would u not be even a little bit upset?

I'm cutting off a person who willingly sets out to destroy his own family whereas in ur scenerio he's cutting off someone leaving an ideology which is entirely out of ones control :drakewtf: i can't force myself to believe again
Ok fair enough. What if your father could be involved in your family and his new family in every way needed? Would you still cut ties with him?

I am surprised that you would cut ties with your father for any reason that doesn't involve rape or murder. he's your father ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.