How to conquer Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khatumo's days are numbered walaal. Time to jump on the ictiraaf bandwagon :ahh:

Never our ancestors died for Somalia, our ancestors 'S spirits are watching us and will curse us. Halane sacrificed his life for the blue flag.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
As an aside, for the Somali to forget their qabil, they have to forget their roots. That is essentially bastardizing yourself in the Somali context.

This is the nature of the riddle you need to solve.

So long as there is qabil, there can be no "union", bc qabil will trump it every time by it's very definition.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Supporting Somaliland independence doesn't equate to qabilism. Most Landers wouldn't mind having a Darod president as long as they are loyal to the country. I know I wouldn't mind.
A small minority, perhaps, but not most.

Yeah, sure it wasn't Somaliweynist khat dreams that got us into that predicament in the first place, lets just completely ignore that and brush it aside.

You can label it as qabilist if you like, but that's an oversight on your part, and I'm sure even you see the dishonesty in that.
It wasn't Somaliweyne that got us into this predicament, it was the Barre regime. Something that I have always acknowledged. But you can't deny Somaliland is linked with qabil. Is it just a coincidence that it's mostly controlled by the Isaaq clan? The president, most of the government ministers, the leaders of the 3 main parties, even the population is mostly Isaaq. It just happened that way right? Nothing to do with qabil.

A small minority, perhaps, but not most.
Somalilanders elected a Dir president (Riyale) who happened to be the former top NSS official in the Barre regime over the former head of the SNM (Silanyo).

Trust me most Somalilanders don't really care about their qabil as long as they're competent.

Gambar

VIP
Somalilanders elected a Dir president (Riyale) who happened to be the former top NSS official in the Barre regime over the former head of the SNM (Silanyo).

Trust me most Somalilanders don't really care about their qabil as long as they're competent.
Was Dahir Rayale elected or was he madaxweyne ku xigeen and became President after Cigaal died (AUN)? I don't know much about it besides the state funeral that was held for him. I admire his wife Edna Aden greatly (I visited her Maternity Hospital).

Was Dahir Rayale elected or was he madaxweyne ku xigeen and became President after Cigaal died (AUN)? I don't know much about it besides the state funeral that was held for him. I admire his wife Edna Aden greatly (I visited her Maternity Hospital).
He became president after Cigaal (AUN) passed but was elected president in 2003.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster

Dir isn't Darod. Electing a Dir president isn't the same as electing a Dhulo or MJ. Call me when the latter happens.

As for Riyale, I don't know much about him specifically. But him being a high ranking official in the Barre regime wouldn't matter as much if he didn't play a significant role in the fight against the SNM and the bombing of Hargeisa.

As an aside, for the Somali to forget their qabil, they have to forget their roots. That is essentially bastardizing yourself in the Somali context.

This is the nature of the riddle you need to solve.

So long as there is qabil, there can be no "union", bc qabil will trump it every time by it's very definition.
So you are qabilist?

Gambar

VIP
We are electing new president in peace manner not killing each other to gain presidency seat. That's good beginning.
The election process is shady as actual citizens don't elect the president and it's been post poned three times now. I don't think there is any stability in Somalia at all. The election whole process is a farce. The country hasn't reached full peace yet.

Dir isn't Darod. Electing a Dir president isn't the same as electing a Dhulo or MJ. Call me when the latter happens.
I can guarantee that there will be a Dhulo VP of Somaliland in 10 years.
As for Riyale, I don't know much about him specifically. But him being a high ranking official in the Barre regime wouldn't matter as much if he didn't play a significant role in the fight against the SNM and the bombing of Hargeisa.
He played a major role gathering intelligence against the SNM during the civil war. He was with the Barre regime until the end.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:deadpeter:
Lol.

:icon lol:
How many times do I have to answer the same question. Was I being dishonest in what I said.
"Im not a qabilist but I support the majority Isaaq enclave of Somaliland. For a Somali to forget qabil is to forget their roots. But I'm not qabilist."
"I;m not a robber, but I take things from people that don't belong to me by force. But I'm not a robber.":ftw9nwa:

I can guarantee that there will be a Dhulo VP of Somaliland in 10 years.

He played a major role gathering intelligence against the SNM during the civil war. He was with the Barre regime until the end.

:hmm:I'll have to do more research on this. I didn't know this.

:deadpeter:
Lol.

:icon lol:
How many times do I have to answer the same question. Was I being dishonest in what I said.
"Im not a qabilist but I support the majority Isaaq enclave of Somaliland. For a Somali to forget qabil is to forget their roots. But I'm not qabilist."
"I;m not a robber, but I take things from people that don't belong to me by force. But I'm not a robber.":ftw9nwa:

:hmm:I'll have to do more research on this. I didn't know this.

Mudug Madam . In addition to being feeble hearted now you sound feeble minded as well. How would you indulge your uneducated thoughts, into a subject larger than your brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending