how somali women choose education and career and lost

recently i had dinner ( before ramadhan ) with a group of somali female friends and it turned out to be like
more of a confessional session than a regular outing, i felt like a catholic priest in one of them booths.
i do possess this uncanny ability to bring it out of them, so this ladies who happened to be all successful professionals
in different capacities put down all their pretensions and went ahead to lament about their true circumstances. they narrated to me about how when they were in their 20s (most them are in their early 30s) they refused a lot of approaches and proposals
choosing instead to focus on their eduvation and career opportunities which bore its fruits and gave them wonderful economic
stability and freedoms. when they turned round seriously to prospects of settling down they are now realizing that their options
have been tremendously narrowed down. most of their potential suitors are already married or looking for younger options.
to cut a long story short after i had convinced them that they had unknowingly entered into a devils bargain earlier for which
they were paying now, i got them to, some accepted and others were willing to seriously consider the prospects of second wives

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
The other side of not having 68 IQ = being professionally successful, and not-so-many kids.

Kids are unnecessary.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
They have to accept their realitys. Tell them forget about family's and just enjoy their own life. Kids and family's aren't all that tbh . I'm genuinely considering whether I want to have kids in the future. This is just how most professional people live in the western world. They aren't alone in their circumstances. Its just a byproduct of 21st century life most people won't many kids or may not have children at all.
giphy.gif

Only an insecure, uneducated man would think shaming a successful intelligent women is okay. Newsflash scarcity with finding men is a myth. If women are rejecting you for being a bum go and improve yourself instead of complaining online.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Its good that they choose education and career over getting married young it's better to be single with high standards than in a relationship settling for less even if she married young and end up divorced she would be shamed and stigmatized as a "single mom" and she would be struggling on her own while the guy is off to marry the next

Hello global population drop, tbh that might be a good thing for this planet. Women living in developed nations tend to have fewer children overall than women in a less developed nation.

Case in point look at the situation in the land of the rising sun (Japan) young people both men and women choose careers and wealth over familial and marital responsibilities. Low fertility rate.

They now have the oldest population in the world that might soon overtake the young demographic in the near future.
:mjlol:

Only an insecure, uneducated man would think shaming a successful intelligent women is okay. Newsflash scarcity with finding men is a myth. If women are rejecting you for being a bum go and improve yourself instead of complaining online.
I don’t think intelligent is the proper word to use. They went to school for a certain field/subject. your Edecuated on that particular topic, not “intelligent”.

This isn’t anything new, a lot of western women deal with this and as somalis take up their idealogies, its only right that they run into the same issues.

I will keep saying this: Most women in the west are delusional. Why do you have the need to not marry until you had all your fun, example:traveling,edecuation, career, like you can’t do that while your married, i’d argue that it’s easier to do in marriage as long as you state that you don’t want kids and make sure your husband is on the same page as you.
I notice most are under the influence that the things that make a men more attractive to women example (higher education,career etc) makes them more attractive to the opposite sex so they think they are the prize, but nobody told them that men don’t value those things if his well off which is the type of guy they want anyway, than they become bitter the men their age that they thought they qualified for is going for the younger women with no education but pretty. Endless cycle wallahi i was hearing this about western women in my younger days now it’s effecting somali women too.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
everybody doesn’t want kids until they are older saxiib. it’s human nature to want one, you might not see it that way today but they will be the most important thing in your life.

Bullshit.
Life is expensive in the West, Job insecurity is rising and people are losing their homes. Thank you Covid!

We need more than one income to survive in a decent Western country. Women having degrees and educations = potentially higher brains children.
Having kids is unnecessary for ethnic Somalis, back home they are doing it for us.

Bullshit.
Life is expensive in the West, Job insecurity is rising and people are losing their homes. Thank you Covid!

we need more than one income to survive in a decent Western country. Women having degrees and educations = potentially higher brains children.
Having kids is unnecessary for ethnic Somalis, back home they are doing it for us.
Bullshiit. I got family memebers that came not too long ago but they are surviving with one income family, Somalis r welling to live off the government for everything so why is it an issue to do that when ur married? get a decent job, any factory work pays you well now a days, attribute most of ur paycheck to ur rent so you don’t live in the ghettos, and take up food stamps while saving up whatever money you got left, Invest in a skill you can make money off than you’ll be good.

Issue now a days is women don’t stick to one men and struggle together, they want a complete men whose at the finish line. Don’t expect a men to be loyal and love u if u only came after his success, he’ll have less respect for u and see you more replaceable. i’m dropping gems on y’all but don’t wanna hear the truth.

Trending