how somali women choose education and career and lost

Never said its something you should aspire to be, that comment was to point out it’s doable and as time goes on, you can upgrade, It’s possible to struggle together and improve after that.

I never see u having an issue with women marrying the government to get benefits but soon as i mention to use food stamps as a stepping stone, ur offended.

I do, i really do! You have no idea how I feel about it. My comment wasn't even gender specific.

Our parents were new to the country, didn't speak proper English, didn't have access to the education we have, didn't understand the system. So what excuses are there for a young Abdi or Xalimo to have the mentality you have? You have been given opportunities our parents can only dream of, but you want to continue the same vicious cycle.

This point is for BOTH men and women. Why is a young man like you who has the ability to do so much more and has potiential to aspire to go University and get a professional job is alreading thinking about food stamps and benefits? I'm here to tell you waax baaro.

Life isn't easy and even people that are educated can be down on their luck at times. But you should never look at food stamps and benefits as an option, it should be a temporary last resort when things become desperate.

Last edited:
It doesn't make a difference if the knowledge or skills obtained allow the individual to excel in their field. Besides most professionals retrain and expand their knowledge and take courses to remain upto date throughout their careers. :draketf:
Shifting goal posts just to feel like your right? any human with a brain bigger than peanut will tell you that people who went to school for a CERTAIN topic are edecuated, not necessarily intelligent. If agreeing with you will help you sleep better at night than go ahead.

Shifting goal posts just to feel like your right? any human with a brain bigger than peanut will tell you that people who went to school for a CERTAIN topic are edecuated, not necessarily intelligent. If agreeing with you will help you sleep better at night than go ahead.

They are intelligent regarding their skills or knowledge within their field. Why are you struggling to grasp this?

I do, i really do! You have no idea how I feel about it. My comment wasn't even gender specific.

Our parents were new to the country, didn't speak proper English, didn't have access to the education we have, didn't understand the system. So what the excuse for a young Abdi or Xalimo to have the mentality you have? This point is for BOTH men and women. Why you think, a young man like you who has the ability to do so much more and has potiential to aspire to go University and get a professional job alreading thinking about food stamps and benefits is a normal mentality.

Life isn't easy and even people that are educated can be down on their luck at times. But you should never look at food stamps and benefits as an option, it should be a temporary last resort when things become desperate.
I make money more than most people my age alhamdulillah. That comment clearly doesn’t apply for everybody, as i said invest in a skill you can make money off of which applies that i’m not saying work a factory job for rest of your life. I simply gave a quick rough sketch for someone who is at the bottom to upgrade even while MARRIED. you missed the whole point and decided to pick certain sentences i said and twist it around

Having a wife that is less educated than you're, and is not as successful as you in the aspect of career, is honestly something you wouldn't wish for. There are many cases where young youths end up getting lost in drugs, gangs, and all sorts of illicit degeneracy, as a result of an uneducated mother/father. Many of them can't seem to afford tutoring or help with their school work, so they (involuntarily) partake in the aforementioned activities.

Alx, Allah (SWT) granted me with two wonderful, caring parents, and a mother who was well-educated and highly intelligent who bore the brunt of raising me and my other siblings, and trying her hardest to be as successful in school as I can.

You have a fob family, who lived off of Welfare and our subject is about educated Somali women (second wave immigrants).
You don't bring any sense in this argument. Younger people are living in smaller apartments, doing longer years of school, with less paying jobs.
Where do you live? Do you live in Europe? One income doesn't suffise.
View attachment 181595
With the taxes, the housing, the rents, the jobs and job insecurity; one income ain't enough.
With the workers, their income is shrinking, thus they are livehood.

You have no idea, no clue of the realities of young people in 2021.

Women with higher education deserve more (if they like it), and they should expect more from men.
Who would settle for less?

If you need a Lamagoodle woman from back home, with little to no education, and who's willing to clean your grown ass, then buy a ticket, off to Gedo!
Everything is about sacrifice, you can walk around in designer clothes and live in a nice house if you want, just know it’s doable while being married. y’all just need to have the same goals. If you don’t want to do that than be responsible enough and have accountability when it comes to the things you sacrifice for it.

My point was it’s doable to be married and still get ur bread up. If a fob is coming here, grinding their asses off than live off their hard earned money how can we not do it? Most of y’all have the mentality of exchanging your time for money.

You have a fob family, who lived off of Welfare and our subject is about educated Somali women (second wave immigrants).
You don't bring any sense in this argument. Younger people are living in smaller apartments, doing longer years of school, with less paying jobs.
Where do you live? Do you live in Europe? One income doesn't suffise.
View attachment 181595
With the taxes, the housing, the rents, the jobs and job insecurity; one income ain't enough.
With the workers, their income is shrinking, thus they are livehood.

You have no idea, no clue of the realities of young people in 2021.

Women with higher education deserve more (if they like it), and they should expect more from men.
Who would settle for less?

If you need a Lamagoodle woman from back home, with little to no education, and who's willing to clean your grown ass, then buy a ticket, off to Gedo!
Blah blah, statistics that statistics this. Are you a statistical researcher or something? These findings can often be not that accurate in general.
My advice, stop fussing about things that you can't control and stop venting the points that you are arguing.

Education is great sure but you know what's greater? Self-contentment, that is worth gold and more!

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Blah blah, statistics that statistics this. Are you a statistical researcher or something? These findings can often be not that accurate in general.
My advice, stop fussing about things that you can't control and stop venting the points that you are arguing.

Education is great sure but you know what's greater? Self-contentment, that is worth gold and more!

That's what an uneducated, degree-less person would say kkkkkkkkk.

Everything is about sacrifice, you can walk around in designer clothes and live in a nice house if you want, just know it’s doable while being married. y’all just need to have the same goals. If you don’t want to do that than be responsible enough and have accountability when it comes to the things you sacrifice for it.

My point was it’s doable to be married and still get ur bread up. If a fob is coming here, grinding their asses off than live off their hard earned money how can we not do it? Most of y’all have the mentality of exchanging your time for money.

Its not about designer stuff. I need you to think big, instead of this ghetto mentality you seem to have of designer and 'drip' . Its about the younger generation of Somalis being educated professionals who can benefit their community and give their kids the best start in life. That is why growing up, my family emphasized on education.

You sound really young, so whilst you have the chance, try to go to university or even try for IT apprenticeships so that you can try and get a professional job.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Yes, very comedic my brudda. You must get an award for your great wit:comeon:

You're another uneducated Zoo making retarded posts.
We have a dude content with having Welfare recipients, and telling us to stay poor immigrants, just like our parents!
And you're argument is to stay "content" with what we have? Like, welfare?

Stay in your mandated-state house (or flat),
we are moving up.
Knowledge is everything.

Trending

Latest posts