Votes: 5 5.9%

Votes: 27 31.8%

Votes: 19 22.4%

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Sxb you got to accept there isn't a somali look. We have big and short, we have fat and skinny,we have light and dark. The more somalis I've seen the more I realise there isn't a somali look tbh. It has nothing to do with admixture. I've seen and have negro looking relatives who are full blooded issaqs from somaliland. They've never had any exposure to bantus historicly. I've seen yellow skinned somalis as well. We come in all shades, features and hair textures.
1618605797723.png

it was this one time when i went to the dentist when i was about 9 and the dentist thought i was a girl (i had a hood on my hair was not visible) i was so confused ive never forgot about this shit so embarrasing wallahi my aabo just laughed. im still shocked to this day. i was extremely short at that age (about 145cm which is like 4'10) im ok now though
other than that people say i look more habesha than somali

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
There are parameters for a Somali look and a few fall outside of that. If we we're so divergent and extremely diverse in look we would not be able to recognize each other.

I do not have those types in my family. They mostly have sharp features be they very dark to very light.
OK I'd say features is a way we recognise eachother generally but the somali look doesn't exist. The somali look for abdis for example would be a tall, slim , with narrow features and 3c and caramel skintone. Although that very much resembles my older brother. I have cousins who are full somalis both parents have the common somali look but they resembles south Asians with straight hair and lean body's. They aren't particularly tall either . I've been to family meetings and weddings I've seen people who are siblings but one looks like a Yemeni and the other looks afro american. I've been to family meetings before for my sub clan and ice realised we somalis are so diverse. The general features we associate with being somali isn't as common as we think.
giphy.gif

Maybe 3 or 4. People know I'm from the horn but can't decide which country. Somalis seem to think I'm Ethiopian or Eritrean, and Ethiopians think I'm Oromo or sometimes habesha. I've even had a Somali guy ask me if I was Malagasy?

Strangely, every Arab or Indian I've met has correctly guessed Somali.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
OK I'd say features is a way we recognise eachother generally but the somali look doesn't exist. The somali look for abdis for example would be a tall, slim , with narrow features and 3c and caramel skintone. Although that very much resembles my older brother. I have cousins who are full somalis both parents have the common somali look but they resembles south Asians with straight hair and lean body's. They aren't particularly tall either . I've been to family meetings and weddings I've seen people who are siblings but one looks like a Yemeni and the other looks afro american. I've been to family meetings before for my sub clan and ice realised we somalis are so diverse. The general features we associate with being somali isn't as common as we think.
giphy.gif

The exceptions do not make the rule. There's a general look with multiple variations. Irrespective of height, hair texture or skin tone I know a full Somali when I see one. My radar is highly precise.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
The exceptions do not make the rule. There's a general look with multiple variations. Irrespective of height, hair texture or skin tone I know a full Somali when I see one. My radar is highly precise.
Agree to disagree then. My observations to yours maybe different. It isn't a exception. It's much more common than we think. Yes I agree as well. I think I could recognise a somalis as well.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Someone having slightly broad features for a Somali doesn't make them a stereotypical Machete Season Congolese type appearance wise. :dead: It merely makes them an outlier. Having straight hair doesn't make one a Bollywood extra. Nor does having santuur mean you are dhegocase. May be they have been practicing too much cousin marriage.
Agree your right. When I was talking diverse I wasn't talking looking like complete bantu or arab. Just more negroid looking than your average somali males and some look more arab or more south asian. Tbh most of my family are full somalis but some are mixed with different ethnicity. I got to say though mixed kids look gorgeous

Trending

Latest posts