How Somali do you look

Votes: 8 9.4%

Votes: 5 5.9%

Votes: 27 31.8%

Votes: 19 22.4%

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I consider myself a 3 because people get kinda surprised when I say I'm Somali, even other Somalis! I blame the Reer Xamar in me.
It's rather fun confusing Cadaans though :pachah1:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Maybe what? This was years ago when people didn’t really know what Somalis looked like (circa pirate era).
Yeh but somalis have such diverse looks there very easy to confuse. Some somali people could pass for dark skin arabs, some could pass for bantus.ive seen it with my own eyes. We don't all look the same. You may find family who look nothing like each other like mine.

How Somali do you look from 5-1
At 5 you make Aabo samaale proud :yousmart:
At 1 your somalinimo is stuck in the post/mail :damn:
I would say Im a 3, . In terms of looks a lot of Somalis specifically elders/older people tell me I look African American, I was even mistakened for being Ethiopian before too lol it’s probably because I’m very darkskin with dreadlocks and I workout everyday at the gym.
i voted number 3,

I would say Im a 3, . In terms of looks a lot of Somalis specifically elders/older people tell me I look African American, I was even mistakened for being Ethiopian before too lol it’s probably because I’m very darkskin with dreadlocks and I workout everyday at the gym.

i voted number 3,
Dreads like Bob Marley or dreads like Jay Z?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeh but somalis have such diverse looks there very easy to confuse. Some somali people could pass for dark skin arabs, some could pass for bantus.ive seen it with my own eyes. We don't all look the same. You may find family who look nothing like each other like mine.

You are discussing outliers. Unmixed Somalis do not look Bantu or Dheegocase. Broad features or a hooked/prominent nose are rarities.

Dreads like Bob Marley or dreads like Jay Z?
My hair grows fast length wise it’s like this picture.
820F380E-CB52-4C8A-9EBF-F75420224318.jpeg

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
You are discussing outliers. Unmixed Somalis do not look Bantu or Dheegocase. Broad features or a prominent nose are a rarity.
Sxb you got to accept there isn't a somali look. We have big and short, we have fat and skinny,we have light and dark. The more somalis I've seen the more I realise there isn't a somali look tbh. It has nothing to do with admixture. I've seen and have negro looking relatives who are full blooded issaqs from somaliland. They've never had any exposure to bantus historicly. I've seen yellow skinned somalis as well. We come in all shades, features and hair textures.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sxb you got to accept there isn't a somali look. We have big and short, we have fat and skinny,we have light and dark. The more somalis I've seen the more I realise there isn't a somali look tbh. It has nothing to do with admixture. I've seen and have negro looking relatives who are full blooded issaqs from somaliland. They've never had any exposure to bantus historicly. I've seen yellow skinned somalis as well. We come in all shades, features and hair textures.

There are parameters for a Somali look and a few fall outside of that. If we we're so divergent and extremely diverse in look we would not be able to recognize each other.

I do not have those types in my family. They mostly have sharp features be they very dark to very light.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
1618605491491.png

Gacanka Cadmeed

1618605579018.png

Gacanka Cadmeed

1618605647878.png

Trending