How many men you know that beat on women?

Jungle

VIP
Did you father beat your mom ?
nope. ive been witness to alot more relationships then just my mother and fathers tho.

Things dont have to happen in you're household for them to be common and everything that happens in your household aint common.

nope. ive been witness to alot nore relationships then just my mother and fathers tho.
You been around so many relationships & noticed that Somalis have a higher DV rates than others? :westbrookwtf:

Its not like alcoholics, junkies & certain demographics are known to beat their wife's to the point DV is associated with them ,but no your subjective experience outweighs legit stereotypes 👍

vanilla

i think with my heart
This is number 1 Bullshit. :mahubowtf:

Just because is not talked about much, it doesn’t mean is bulshit. Some people are scared or embarrassed to talk about it. Some abusive actions are downplayed (like throwing things at her etc) and many abusers gaslight their victim so the chances of you hearing about it is low already.

Jungle

VIP
You been around so many relationships & noticed that Somalis have a higher DV rates than others? :westbrookwtf:

Its not like alcoholics, junkies & certain demographics are known to beat their wife's to the point DV is associated with them ,but no your subjective experience outweighs legit stereotypes 👍
you replied bullshit to someone who said its common in the somali community. I said its not bs and thats all. i aint trying to go back and forth. your making assumptions based of me not agreeing with your statement. the first being

Did you father beat your mom ?
lol grow up.

Last edited:
you replied bullshit to someone who said its common in the somali community. I said its not bs and thats all. i aint trying to go back and forth. your making assumptions based of me not agreeing with your statement. the first being

lol grow up.
Its not an assumption it's a justified a question. Learn the difference .

Just because is not talked about much, it doesn’t mean is bulshit. Some people are scared or embarrassed to talk about it. Some abusive actions are downplayed (like throwing things at her etc) and many abusers gaslight their victim so the chances of you hearing about it is low already.
Bring something tangible. You saying DV is very common amongst Somalis.

vanilla

i think with my heart

DAHrbns.gif

Somalis hardly report anything. At the end of the day DV is common in every society. Also, if you've noticed there's been a rise in men murdering their spouses in our community recently unfortunately.

Anyways, DV isn't a Somali thing. Its an unfortunate thing that effects madows, cadaans, Somalis, Arabs and you name it. What makes it scary is that you really never know what goes on behind closed doors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

reer

VIP
Somalis hardly report anything. At the end of the day DV is common in every society. Also, if you've noticed there's been a rise in men murdering their spouses in our community recently unfortunately.

Anyways, DV isn't a Somali thing. Its an unfortunate thing that effects madows, cadaans, Somalis, Arabs and you name it. What makes it scary is that you really never know what goes on behind closed doors.

domestic violence has risen due to civil war poverty and mass refugee status. what a shame.

domestic violence has risen due to civil war poverty and mass refugee status. what a shame.
I think a lot of the khat these men eat has messed with their brain chemistry. Oh and some men are just violent sexists tbh. Even in the best of conditions, they'd still batter their wives.

reer

VIP
I think a lot of the khat these men eat has messed with their brain chemistry. Oh and some men are just violent sexists tbh. Even in the best of conditions, they'd still batter their wives.
you have a point. and theres always a group of men who will garaac their wives. thats where dowladda comes in to defend the xuquuq of xaaska. but we are a failed state so :manny:

People can say anything about Somali culture, but DV is not something common. Btw this doesn't mean I'm not sitting here and denying it doesn't exist in our community ,but to say its "common" is bullshit.
We know which ethnicities are known to beat their women & do honors killings, acid attacks etc.

People can say anything about Somali culture, but DV is not something common. Btw this doesn't mean I'm not sitting here and denying it doesn't exist in our community ,but to say its "common" is bullshit.
We know which ethnicities are known to beat their women & do honors killings, acid attacks etc.
Nah, I think DV is common in every group, but just much worse in some others and yes, we're not the group that it's much worse in. Arabs and Asians definitely take 1st place.

When I lived in Nunavut, land of the calibeystein, it was a normal thing to see women with black eye and everyone knew it was a man that did it. The amount of violence towards women there was absolutely mind boggling! It wasn't an unusual sight to see a drunk man beating his gf/wife in public, only ones that were able to interfere were the ascaris.

Personally, I wouldn't step in to save no stranger whether it's male or female, not putting my neck out for nobody but family.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
I’m not proud to admit this, but i would physically fight with sisters ( i mean blows and kicks) when i was younger.

I still feel embarassed to admitthis. I vowed never again.
how young? of course if you repent to ALLAH (SWT) none of us can say much because then you are forgiven, though the context of the age can make it way less bad than it is.

Its much different to fight a girl at age 10 than age 16 for example.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
Nah, I think DV is common in every group, but just much worse in some others and yes, we're not the group that it's much worse in. Arabs and Asians definitely take 1st place.
asians invented new tiers fam. They are out here basically having slaves rather than wives and invent new ways of being terrible.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
i know quite a few abdis and Madows. I mean some do it infront of me and some you see their girl bruised up puppy eyes and all that. Over the years a few of them come up to me talking about your friend does this to me and that to me. none of my business besides breaking it up if it happens infront of me tbh. Im talking wives, gfs and niggas that are on go for some reason when they see women.
Damn abw.

One way or another, this is trauma that'll need to be dealt with. If not the parents of these abdi's then their kids.

My gnpapa did this as did my gmama in equal measures.

Trauma passes down through your genes. Trauma passes down through your genes.

Violence isn't something Allah permitted us to do. When we partake in it, it's a literal poison we're exposing to ourselves.

Trending

Latest posts