How far are you guys with memorizing the Quran?

Jeesto

VIP
His girlfriend is probably faker than him being a religious guy.
:gucciwhat: Is it your sister again?
Haye
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-5-compressor.gif

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
That's a huge commitment! How many years of uni do you have left? Or haven't you even started yet?

Your nafs/ego may think that, but deep down you know that Islam is the truth. I advise you to ponder about life again and why you think that you don't need Allah in your life.

That is what every religion claims that they are the true religion and saving people from hell. I also thought Islam was the true religion before I did my own research.

That means that you didn't have the connection you should have with the Quran, otherwise you would not dislike it growing up. It says a lot about you if you dislike the Quran. I don't mean that in a rude way, but I'm talking about your relationship with the Quran walaalo.

It's not their fault that those kids did not put any effort. A lot of parents push their children to go to dugsi, but don't explain why the Quran is so important for us.

walaal, read my post again. i never said i disliked quraan growing up, i loved it. why else would i enter competitions? I just dont like it anymore

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
That is what every religion claims that they are the true religion and saving people from hell. I also thought Islam was the true religion before I did my own research.

You mean "your own research" + waaswaas. Anyways may Allaah guide you. Ameen.

RICH

walaal, read my post again. i never said i disliked quraan growing up, i loved it. why else would i enter competitions? I just dont like it anymore

Excuse me, waa ruunta you didn't say that. I mean the fact that you don't like it anymore. How come?

These days I realized I should get back on track with memorizing the Quran and reading it again. My reading + tadjweed must be op point. I've been caught up with this life so much that I forgot about the Quran. I just started taking lessons via Skype from a macaalin in Somaliland. Before everyone is going to be like tf.. He is one of the best teachers I've ever had and he is so funny. Never thought that a macaalin from back home could be such a cool guy.

Now my question is how far are you? Do you also need to get back on that Quran life? :fittytousand:

Memorized at age 10. I wasn't going to let Vandross-looking xalimos have the big party before me:hillarybiz:

Very true though. I've noticed that when you start listening and reading Quran more, that you automatically don't like to listen music anymore subxanallaah.

4 times a week atm. Memorizing and reading.

Music is my mortal enemy rn but I'A I'll get back to my younger, less haraami days.

Excuse me, waa ruunta you didn't say that. I mean the fact that you don't like it anymore. How come?

a change in beliefs. maturity. those two reasons mainly. as i grew older my critical thinking skills grew too. I wanted to find out what was right by myself, instead of blindly following what other had found out.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
You mean "your own research" + waaswaas. Anyways may Allaah guide you. Ameen.

Lakum dinakum waliya diin. You might think Islam is the correct religion but not everyone believes that remember that instead of perpetuating your views as something sound rather faith based belief.

RICH

a change in beliefs. maturity. those two reasons mainly. as i grew older my critical thinking skills grew too. I wanted to find out what was right by myself, instead of blindly following what other had found out.

You should definitely not blindly follow but think for yourself! May Allaah make it easy for you sis. Ameen.

RICH

Lakum dinakum waliya diin. You might think Islam is the correct religion but not everyone believes that remember that instead of perpetuating your views as something sound rather faith based belief.

I respect you of course, but I can't accept the fact that you as a former (?) believer don't believe islam the correct religion. But that's me. Ghair In shaa Allah. How does your family thinks about this matter?

Trending

Latest posts