How far are you guys with memorizing the Quran?

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
These days I realized I should get back on track with memorizing the Quran and reading it again. My reading + tadjweed must be op point. I've been caught up with this life so much that I forgot about the Quran. I just started taking lessons via Skype from a macaalin in Somaliland. Before everyone is going to be like tf.. He is one of the best teachers I've ever had and he is so funny. Never thought that a macaalin from back home could be such a cool guy.

Now my question is how far are you? Do you also need to get back on that Quran life? :fittytousand:

BetterAkhlaq

Snicker la'an
These days I realized I should get back on track with memorizing the Quran and reading it again. My reading + tadjweed must be op point. I've been caught up with this life so much that I forgot about the Quran. I just started taking lessons via Skype from a macaalin in Somaliland. Before everyone is going to be like tf.. He is one of the best teachers I've ever had and he is so funny. Never thought that a macaalin from back home could be such a cool guy.

Now my question is how far are you? Do you also need to get back on that Quran life? :fittytousand:
Are you even bothering to understand the contents of the quran instead of just memorising it? ALWAYS ask questions

RICH

Are you even bothering to understand the contents of the quran instead of just memorising it? ALWAYS ask questions

Of course, shouldn't that be common sense? I may have not mentioned pondering about the content, but that doesn't mean that I don't do that.

RICH

Some people just memorise it rather than thinking about it

Waa ruunta and that should change wallaahi. The Quran is more than just a book. It's the word of Allaah azzaa wa djal and there is nothing more important than to ponder about that!

RICH

I'm terrible only on the fourth juz, wlhi my prayers are in dire need of some extra spice. Hbu?

Fourth juz, Allaahuma baarik sis!! Wallaahi I'm so ashamed of how 'far' im actually are, but better late than never right.... Anyways I'm at surat al-'Adiyat.

Fourth juz, Allaahuma baarik sis!! Wallaahi I'm so ashamed of how 'far' im actually are, but better late than never right.... Anyways I'm at surat al-'Adiyat.

You shouldn't be ashamed, those early surahs will be done in a flash I'A. How often do you have lessons?

RICH

You shouldn't be ashamed, those early surahs will be done in a flash I'A. How often do you have lessons?

Very true though. I've noticed that when you start listening and reading Quran more, that you automatically don't like to listen music anymore subxanallaah.

4 times a week atm. Memorizing and reading.

RICH

Got kicked out of Quran school on my religious days:pachah1:

But I got to the 10th juz, don’t remember 90% of it though

Did YOU have religious days? If you start memorizing again, you will easily get back on track because you have memorized them before. Not that you will do that though.... :gaasdrink:

Did YOU have religious days? If you start memorizing again, you will easily get back on track because you have memorized them before. Not that you will do that though.... :gaasdrink:
Ofc I had religious days that is why I know I don’t want to live that life.
My memories of the Quran can vanish as far as I care.:nahgirl:

RICH

Ofc I had religious days that is why I know I don’t want to live that life.
My memories of the Quran can vanish as far as I care.:nahgirl:

Illaahay haa kuu haadiyo. Ameen. Anyways quick question: have you decided if you are going on a holiday with your gf or going to that football (?) game with your mates?

I have 2 pages left until I've had every surah committed to memory at one point in my life. Hardcore revision/rememorisation ahead though

Quran is not really hard if you put your mind to focus. It took me 1.5 year and I was also a secondary student. If you use your brain to full extent you could finish the Quran within 6 months.

I am currently studying Qiraat and it's very hard and will take me a year to complete all qiraat.

RICH

I have 2 pages left until I've had every surah committed to memory at one point in my life. Hardcore revision/rememorisation ahead though

After those two pages you are starting memorizing everything (In shaa Allah)?? May Allaah make it easy for you! Ameen.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
I memorized half of the Quran when I was about 13 years, now I only remember up to 1 juus and not even the whole juus but like 6,7 surahs

RICH

Quran is not really hard if you put your mind to focus. It took me 1.5 year and I was also a secondary student. If you use your brain to full extent you could finish the Quran within 6 months.

I am currently studying Qiraat and it's very hard and will take me a year to complete all qiraat.

That's so true, but you also should be careful of sins! If you aren't its harder for you to memorize. Maa shaa Allah 1.5 year and you were a secondary student, Illaahay haa ku barakeeyo! Ameen.

Oh wow, Qiraat is so interesting but very hard!! First time I heard about it I was so confused. Illaahay haa kuu fuududeeyo! Ameen. How come you chose to study Qiraat? Are you also in uni?

Trending