How far are you guys with memorizing the Quran?

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I memorized half of the Quran when I was about 13 years, now I only remember up to 1 juus and not even the whole juus but like 6,7 surahs

If you don't keep up, Quran will disappear from your heart. But on the other hand if you start repeating again, it's easier for you to memorize everything! Are you thinking about starting to memorize again? Haven't you been reading those surahs during prayer?

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
If you don't keep up, Quran will disappear from your heart. But on the other hand if you start repeating again, it's easier for you to memorize everything! Are you thinking about starting to memorize again? Haven't you been reading those surahs during prayer?

I'm not religious anymore, I still can read Arabic, I learned how to read Arabic in dugsi.

Really?? Allaahuma Baarik (ameen), now you should try and keep up with it!! It's a shame if you don't remember much of it...
I re memorized half of the Quran twice after that so I still remember white a bit of that but the other half I almost completely forgot

RICH

I re memorized half of the Quran twice after that so I still remember white a bit of that but the other half I almost completely forgot

Aah, how long did it take for you to rememorize half of the Quran again?

That's so true, but you also should be careful of sins! If you aren't its harder for you to memorize. Maa shaa Allah 1.5 year and you were a secondary student, Illaahay haa ku barakeeyo! Ameen.

Oh wow, Qiraat is so interesting but very hard!! First time I heard about it I was so confused. Illaahay haa kuu fuududeeyo! Ameen. How come you chose to study Qiraat? Are you also in uni?

Thank you for the kind reply. Qiraat is indeed interesting but hard to perfect
I started to learn Qiraat because majority of the of Somalis (I'd say 90%) are reading the Quran wrong.

I decided to take a year break and do self study and start university next year Inshallah.

What about you?

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
... I didn't expect for you to say that. May Allaah guide you. Ameen. May I ask why?

Well religion is not for me I tried , in my opinion religions are social constructs nothing more to it but if it makes some people happy I'm fine by that.

i hate dugsi sooo much! i memorized almost four juz. when i was younger i was really enthusiastic about Quraan I would participate in contests and even win sometimes. but as i got older i grew a dislike for it and went from 1-2 pages a week to like 2 verses:ftw9nwa:. I remember my macalin quit at the dugsi i went to because nooone of the kids were putting in effort, miskiin.

Quran is not really hard if you put your mind to focus. It took me 1.5 year and I was also a secondary student. If you use your brain to full extent you could finish the Quran within 6 months.

I am currently studying Qiraat and it's very hard and will take me a year to complete all qiraat.
very true anyone could do 2 pages every day, wouldn't take you more than an hour

RICH

Thank you for the kind reply. Qiraat is indeed interesting but hard to perfect
I started to learn Qiraat because majority of the of Somalis (I'd say 90%) are reading the Quran wrong.

I decided to take a year break and do self study and start university next year Inshallah.

What about you?

That's a huge commitment! How many years of uni do you have left? Or haven't you even started yet?

Well religion is not for me I tried , in my opinion religions are social constructs nothing more to it but if it makes some people happy I'm fine by that.

Your nafs/ego may think that, but deep down you know that Islam is the truth. I advise you to ponder about life again and why you think that you don't need Allah in your life.

Your nafs/ego may think that, but deep down you know that Islam is the truth. I advise you to ponder about life again and why you think that you don't need Allah in your life.
You can’t save people that don’t want to be saved:manny:

RICH

i hate dugsi sooo much! i memorized almost four juz. when i was younger i was really enthusiastic about Quraan I would participate in contests and even win sometimes. but as i got older i grew a dislike for it and went from 1-2 pages a week to like 2 verses:ftw9nwa:. I remember my macalin quit at the dugsi i went to because nooone of the kids were putting in effort, miskiin.

That means that you didn't have the connection you should have with the Quran, otherwise you would not dislike it growing up. It says a lot about you if you dislike the Quran. I don't mean that in a rude way, but I'm talking about your relationship with the Quran walaalo.

It's not their fault that those kids did not put any effort. A lot of parents push their children to go to dugsi, but don't explain why the Quran is so important for us.

Trending

Latest posts