How far are you guys with memorizing the Quran?

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
Allaahuma baarik!! Ameen. That's so nice man!! When did you start memorizing??
I stopped going to dugsi when I hit the 3rd juz I was about 8 yrs old I kinda stopped learning at that point, for the past 2 yrs I started memorizing by myself via YouTube alhamdulillah :rejoice:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
She didn't do her cashar a few times in a row. This nigga took out a fiilo and just went ham bakhtiga. my dad was about to jump him but they were separated by other adults. I've forgotten some of what I know so I just try go over now to refresh my memory. When I have it down properly I'm gonna move onto memorisation

Omg balaa edeb!! How can someone who teaches the word of Allaah beat children. This is mind blowing wallaahi :faysalwtf:

Ah, that's a shame! Laakin it's good that you try to go over now. May Allaah make it easy for you! Ameen.

Hated being placed with the kids. Later on I was in classes with kids my age and they were cool. But I was really lacking behind everyone else. Didn't really have any motivation to study outside of class. I actually noticed that as well with my other class mates. They didn't study that much either. Maalcin would be mad at them all the time for not practicing.

I recently started reading again. Currently re reading first juz. Again trying to memorize it fully. Been reading before I go to bed a couple times a week

Weren't you motivated anymore because of the fact that you were lacking behind? Alhamdulilaah you started reading again!! What made you decide to do that? May Allaah make it easy for you as well. Ameen.

RICH

I stopped going to dugsi when I hit the 3rd juz I was about 8 yrs old I kinda stopped learning at that point, for the past 2 yrs I started memorizing by myself via YouTube alhamdulillah :rejoice:

Why did you stopped going to dugsi?? At such a young age.... Did YOU stopped or was it due to circumstances? Cause what Somali parents would agree with their 8 year old who says... "Hooyo, dugsigaan joojiniyaa.." She would be like: "Bal iguu soo ceeli..?" :gaasdrink:

Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. How come you decided to start memorizing by yourself? May Allah bless you! Ameen.

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
Why did you stopped going to dugsi?? At such a young age.... Did YOU stopped or was it due to circumstances? Cause what Somali parents would agree with their 8 year old who says... "Hooyo, dugsigaan joojiniyaa.." She would be like: "Bal iguu soo ceeli..?" :gaasdrink:

Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. How come you decided to start memorizing by yourself? May Allah bless you! Ameen.
my macalim unfortunately got extremely sick so he had to quit teaching and the other dugsi near me had some violent ass macalims so my mom didnt want me getting beat there, and i discovered that it was easier for me to just listen to quran on youtube and memorize that way

RICH

my macalim unfortunately got extremely sick so he had to quit teaching and the other dugsi near me had some violent ass macalims so my mom didnt want me getting beat there, and i discovered that it was easier for me to just listen to quran on youtube and memorize that way

Miskeen... Well alhamdulilaah there is another option and that is listening to it on YouTube! May Allaah make it easy for you, Ameen. Do you think its easier to memorize with or without a macalin?

I have memorised the Qur'an until Surah Ya sin. I hope to return to complete my memorisation very soon, Insha'Allah.

Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. That's quite far. May Allah make it easy for you walaal. Ameen.

i finished the quran one when i was a kid in xarardheere and once in minneapolis

Finished memorizing? That's amazing! Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. And how is it now?

saywalahi

Xamar Living
Miskeen... Well alhamdulilaah there is another option and that is listening to it on YouTube! May Allaah make it easy for you, Ameen. Do you think its easier to memorize with or without a macalin?

Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. That's quite far. May Allah make it easy for you walaal. Ameen.

Finished memorizing? That's amazing! Allaahuma baarik! Ameen. And how is it now?

walahi its been like 5 years since i went to dugsi so i'm rusty

i know roughly 65% fully memorized

the rest i just forgot, but if look at it for like 5 minutes its there again,

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
Eh tbh it depends, for younger kids it’s better to have someone teach them imo and for grown folks they can learn the Quran on their own via internet not just the Quran but everything regarding the deen

RICH

Eh tbh it depends, for younger kids it’s better to have someone teach them imo and for grown folks they can learn the Quran on their own via internet not just the Quran but everything regarding the deen

I agree! I think it's good to have a Macalin though who can explain certain things, at least for me.

These days I realized I should get back on track with memorizing the Quran and reading it again. My reading + tadjweed must be op point. I've been caught up with this life so much that I forgot about the Quran. I just started taking lessons via Skype from a macaalin in Somaliland. Before everyone is going to be like tf.. He is one of the best teachers I've ever had and he is so funny. Never thought that a macaalin from back home could be such a cool guy.

Now my question is how far are you? Do you also need to get back on that Quran life? :fittytousand:
I wish I could learn the Quran, unfortunately the longest I been in a dugsi was like 2 months, then me and my family had to move house, and ever since I’ve not had a chance to learn it, I don’t even know the basic Alif, baa, taa

Quran is not really hard if you put your mind to focus. It took me 1.5 year and I was also a secondary student. If you use your brain to full extent you could finish the Quran within 6 months.

I am currently studying Qiraat and it's very hard and will take me a year to complete all qiraat.
Masha’Allah, You from Buuhoodle yh fam, what are you after Ahmed garaad

Trending