How do Somali people perceive Half-Somalis

I always wondered what Somali people think of Half-Somalis like me. I’m half Somali and Half Middle Eastern. I’ve only been to Somali once in my lifetime when I was 2 months old and I spent most of my life In the U.S and I sometimes visited my dad’s family in the Gulf. I already know they don’t like me too much. But I was wondering if the Somali people felt the same way or if they were different.

My cousin is half somali half libyan. Her father is Libyan and her mother a somali. she was born in Lebanon, raised in an orphanage and my grandmother got a hold of her through red cross and she have been raised in Somalia the majority of her life. She now lives in Europe, she has a somali husband and a kid.

psyche

To each their own
Your hate for Somalis and Somalia is blinding you from the truth: to be Somali, you have to have a Somali father. Her dad is Kuwaiti, therefore she’s Kuwaiti.

By your logics a person that is 90% non-somali but has a paternal great great grandfather is considered Somali whereas the person who is 90% Somali but doesn't have a paternal link isn't.

Does that seem right to you?

By your logics a person that is 90% non-somali but has a paternal great great grandfather is considered Somali whereas the person who is 90% Somali but doesn't have a paternal link isn't.

Does that seem right to you?
Not my rules :damedamn:
It is what it is:mjdontkno:

We’re not going as far as great great grand parents, it really all comes down to what your father is.

psyche

To each their own
Not my rules :damedamn:
It is what it is:mjdontkno:

We’re not going as far as great great grand parents, it really all comes down to what your father is.

So rather than addressing the fallacy in the system you would rather ignore it?

Imo as Westernized Somali I see no problem in claiming both cultures, it's not like there is anything stopping you.

Imo as Westernized Somali I see no problem in claiming both cultures, it's not like there is anything stopping you.
You didn’t get it:snoop:
There’s nothing stopping someone from claiming the culture, what won’t happen is the people actually accepting you or seeing you as Somali. This is a bad example but it’s like someone false claiming a gang, you can claim it all you want but you won’t be accepted and you’ll get checked.

What would a mixed person do if they’re in Somalia (or around Somalis in the west) and are asked who their dad is? Right at that moment they’ll see how “Somali” they are: zilch!
:mjlaugh:

psyche

To each their own
You didn’t get it:snoop:
There’s nothing stopping someone from claiming the culture, what won’t happen is the people actually accepting you or seeing you as Somali. This is a bad example but it’s like someone false claiming a gang, you can claim it all you want but you won’t be accepted and you’ll get checked.

What would a mixed person do if they’re in Somalia (or around Somalis in the west) and are asked who their dad is? Right at that moment they’ll see how “Somali” they are: zilch!
:mjlaugh:

Let's argee to disagree because I don't like to argue over subjective thoughts.

At the end of the day the girl is genetically half Somali and nothing you say can change it.

At the end of the day the girl is genetically half Somali and nothing you say can change it.
There’s no opinions involved, stop attaching feeling to it, the deen and most cultures on this earth say you are what your father is. Her mom is Somali not her, she’s Kuwaiti.
:manny:

It isn't subjective. Somalis won't see you as Somali if your father isn't. ''As a westernized Somali'' kulaha. If you're westernized, you aren't Somali either.

Loool wersternized kulaha, isn’t western countries the same countries where women still take the mans last name? If she wants to claim Somali culture, she can, no one is stopping her but she ain’t somali and will never be one. She sure as hell can’t get somali citizenship.

psyche

To each their own
Loool wersternized kulaha, isn’t western countries the same countries where women still take the mans last name? If she wants to claim Somali culture, she can, no one is stopping her but she ain’t somali and will never be one. She sure as hell can’t get somali citizenship.

Who the f*ck wants Somali citizenship?

And I will claim her as Somali because u don't believe in shitty cultural beliefs.

psyche

To each their own
There’s no opinions involved, stop attaching feeling to it, the deen and most cultures on this earth say you are what your father is. Her mom is Somali not her, she’s Kuwaiti.
:manny:

Then why is Bilal never mentioned as an Arab in the hadiths but as a black man?

His father was Arab?

You see the problem behind your logics