How come Somalis don't eat halal food in some countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Honestly being born here in America and being raised here I can only name a few restaurants that serve halal meat.

Texas has a lot of Muslims too and so does California. The two states that I have lived in. In these states everyone just eats any meat that's not pork. Honestly I have never heard of an issue of if someone not eating halal food.

Cooking wise I know a lot of parents who go to halal grocery stores and buy halal meat. But these same parents don't really care if the food they eat from fast food is halal

If Allah wanted us to follow what was said in the Hadith, then why didn't he put it in the Quran?
The Quran proclaims that the Quran is complete, perfect, and fully detailed. Verses 6:114-115
Following Hadith basically means the Quran isn't good enough for us.

Also, many of the Hadiths contradict the Quran.
I don't like the way you try to bend the religion to your liking we Muslims can eat the food of ahl alkitab aka Jews and chritians you could've said that instead of trying to twist words I've seen you doing this multiple times
Also by your logic you don't pray since that is in Hadith

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Every once in awhile during Ramadan me and a whole bunch of Somalis would meet up at the masjid for iftar. Once we pray we would drive to a BBQ restaurant that was 5 minutes away. We would just feast all the time.

Halal fastfood?
Halal fastfood is abundant however, where do you live?
I’ve never had kfc or McDo

The haram fast food. Like McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc. I see somali families all over dishing out fastfood meals with haram meats to their kids. And currently I'm in California USA.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Nowhere in the Quran does it say you can't eat meat that wasn't slaughtered in the name of Allah. The Quran says to eat in the name of Allah, not slaughter.

No where in the Quran does it tell you how to pray either, we just know we must do it 5 times a day.

Allah commands us in the Quran to follow the Quran AND the Sunnah of the Prophet.

The Hadith are the Sunnah of the Prophet compiled.

:ohhh::ohdamn:
Omg Really?!?
And to think that some Central europe muslims go by without meat because of the regulation of stupid countries that prevent halal meat importation. Switzerland for example doesn’t allow the slaughtering of animals the islamic way . So muslims over there either have the controversial stunned meat or go across the border to get meat.

Oh wow, over the border? That's trek.. Did you guys go over the border too? Ngl, personally I eat everything with halal stamped on it. That's how most Muslims I knew back in Holland were. I don't even know if there's a prevalent board like the HMC over there. Tbh I didn't even know the stunning thing was controversial and that a large chunk of Muslims entirely deviated from it until a few years back.

Every once in awhile during Ramadan me and a whole bunch of Somalis would meet up at the masjid for iftar. Once we pray we would drive to a BBQ restaurant that was 5 minutes away. We would just feast all the time.
Halala restaurant?:gucciwhat:
Imagine having haram food after fasting all day.
The haram fast food. Like McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc. I see somali families all over dishing out fastfood meals with haram meats to their kids. And currently I'm in California USA.
:cosbyhmm:
America is awful. How can you not have halal fastfood stores. It’s quite hypocrite of the parents, teaching their kids to eat halal then feed them haraam.
That reminds me of the hadih where a man ate and dressed haram yet he supplicated

No where in the Quran does it tell you how to pray either, we just know we must do it 5 times a day.

Allah commands us in the Quran to follow the Quran AND the Sunnah of the Prophet.

The Hadith are the Sunnah of the Prophet compiled.
"We just know" something Allah didn't tell us to do and act as if it's mandatory, right?
If it's not in the Quran, then that means it's not necessary. Do it if you want but don't go policing other people's actions as if it's compulsory.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
facts. No one is bothering youth or adults for eating halal meat here. Some parts of Texas or California don't have halal restaurants. It's scattered around the place. I know most Muslim restaurants offer halal food. But when I'm hungry I usually don't even think of driving 30+ minutes to go eat at a halal restaurant. I just go to a nearby fast food joint or BBQ restaurant

Reminds me of a story my friend told me. She was at McDonalds and a teenage somali girl with her jilbab-wearing hooyo ordered a chicken burger. The manager serving her was Muslim and he went off on her and her mum and was like 'look at you, you Muslim why are you ordering haram food?!!!' and the hooyo goes 'I don't know, ask her (her daughter)' and the daughter stood there giggling. :O27GWRK:I was like thank God I wasn't there wallahi, I would've died of secondhand embarrassment. This was in the UK where there are plenty of halal food outlets, so no excuses.

I don't like the way you try to bend the religion to your liking we Muslims can eat the food of ahl alkitab aka Jews and chritians you could've said that instead of trying to twist words I've seen you doing this multiple times
Also by your logic you don't pray since that is in Hadith
I'm not twisting anything, i'm correcting misinformation. You get your haram/halal list from brainwashing sheikhs instead of your creator Allah.

facts. No one is bothering youth or adults for eating halal meat here. Some parts of Texas or California don't have halal restaurants. It's scattered around the place. I know most Muslim restaurants offer halal food. But when I'm hungry I usually don't even think of driving 30+ minutes to go eat at a halal restaurant. I just go to a nearby fast food joint or BBQ restaurant

Right bro. My mom has to drive 15-20 minutes to another city just to get halal meat to cook. Sometimes It's more convenient to just buy that bloody haram meat.

America is awful. How can you not have halal fastfood stores. It’s quite hypcritc of the parents, teaching their kids to ear halal then feed them haraam.

I have never heard of a Halal Fastfood store. Where are you located?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

America is awful. How can you not have halal fastfood stores. It’s quite hypcritc of the parents, teaching their kids to ear halal then feed them haraam.
No one thinks it's haram here. We just enjoying meals. Literally idil we didn't normalize halal restaurants like you guys did. I can't name more than 4 of them.

Reminds me of a story my friend told me. She was at McDonalds and a teenage somali girl with her jilbab-wearing hooyo ordered a chicken burger. The manager serving her was Muslim and he went off on her and her mum and was like 'look at you, you Muslim why are you ordering haram food?!!!' and the hooyo goes 'I don't know, ask her (her daughter)' and the daughter stood there giggling. :O27GWRK:I was like thank God I wasn't there wallahi, I would've died of secondhand embarrassment. This was in the UK where there are plenty of halal food outlets, so no excuses.
The manager is just as bad why is he selling haram food?he has no right to take the moral high ground.

I'm not twisting anything, i'm correcting misinformation. You get your haram/halal list from brainwashing sheikhs instead of your creator Allah.
What are you talking about no sheikh told me anything it's in Hadith
Do you pray or not since that is in Hadith :farmajoyaab: your knowledge about hadiths are very weak there are different types of Hadith sister

I have never heard of a Halal Fastfood store. Where are you located?
They are abundant in the UK
However I don’t go to them as the meat is stunned and stuff. There’s two inspection boards in the uk HFC and HMC. The former allows stunning, so some muslims in the UK go to Nandos as it’s HFC certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.