How come Al-Shabab never attack somaliland

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Same reason Kismayo and other southern regions arent attacked regularly.
Its not the capitol.

Because the qabyalaad of Issak people has the salutary effect of ratting out potential terrorists before they can strike. Issak people report strangers to the SL authorities very frequently. If you are not Issak and not with any Issak handlers in Hargesia, you are being watched. Especially if you are a young male. I knew these two Hawadle boys one with a HJ mom who visited Hargesia and then had their house raided and imprisoned after one of the security guards in their neighborhood reported them, only because they spoke with a 'qadadwayn' accent and were young men. These guys werent involved with any crime though, so it was a big wtf moment for them lol

Al Shabaab's biggest mission is destabilising Somalia, so bombing Somaliland, which Somalia currently has little to no control over seems a bit counterintuitive to say the least. Also goes without saying that the security in Somaliland is 10x better due to way less foreign intervention masquerading as security down South, and instead a much better trust between people. Even diasporic people going home go through extensive security checks, which I doubt happens down south.

Al Shabab bombed hargeisa UNDP building and the gates outside the presidential palace in 2008 but that was the only attack. SL took a heavy stance against them and started stopping each car beginning with the checkpoints outside the city which Mogadishu is not able to do because it corrupted soldiers as AS has infiltrated their ranks.

Another reason is somalilanders don’t support AS like the ones in the south do. Elders in the south regularly meet with AS leaders but do they ever give up their positions? No! You know why? Same clan!

Al Shabaab are former Somolian warlords who use terrorism to win in politics. What happens in Somolia stays in Somolia:manny:
IMG_20190707_131536.jpg

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Maamulka Somaliland pays Alshabab millions every year. They made deal with them not to target Maamulka Somaliland.

Without extortion, they could easily attack Hargeisa like in 2008.

It is clever of somalidiid to pay them money for safety.

Heck it is so easy to assassinate Muuse Biixi kkkk. Dude walks with the civilians. U telling me Alshabab wont kill him without such deal?

Iam 100% confident about this. Everyone knows it.

U telling us Shabab is not capable of blowing up Hargeisa again? Cmon man! No one buys that nonsense.

Last edited:
Maamulka Somaliland pays Alshabab millions every year. They made deal with them not to target Maamulka Somaliland.

Without extortion, they could easily attack Hargeisa like in 2008.

It is clever of somalidiid to pay them money for safety.

Heck it is so easily to assassinate Muuse Biixi kkkk.
But shabab and sland made very clear deal: in exchange for money and alshabah families living in Hargeisa peacefully, A.S wont attack them.

It is Somalia that pays al Shabab not us. They pay them to stop a full on onslaught of Mogadishu to buy themselves more time.

Even the elders down south are in bed with AS
Al Shabab and Madoobe in Kismayo co-own the port. Al Shabab even controls Mogadishu port again nowadays with a shadow operation
And lastly to understand why AS holds no clout in Somaliland just look up the clan makeup. Majority Hawiye, darood, and RX. They get no support in SL besides few renegades like Godane who went south

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
It is Somalia that pays al Shabab not us. They pay them to stop a full on onslaught of Mogadishu to buy themselves more time.

Even the elders down south are in bed with AS
Al Shabab and Madoobe in Kismayo co-own the port. Al Shabab even controls Mogadishu port again nowadays with a shadow operation
And lastly to understand why AS holds no clout in Somaliland just look up the clan makeup. Majority Hawiye, darood, and RX. They get no support in SL besides few renegades like Godane who went south

Nicca u telling me A.S cant attack Hargeisa again like in 2008? When that major attack took place?

Hargeisa security is big joke, a.s knows that.

Why would they attack it when they can get money?

Nicca u telling me A.S cant attack Hargeisa again like in 2008? When that major attack took place?

Hargeisa security is big joke, a.s knows that.

Why would they attack it when they can get money?

No they can’t attack it again for a number of reasons. AS gets no support in SL like they do in Somalia on a clan structure. After the attack in 2008 SL implemented lots of security measures and they still do till this day. Road checkpoints outside the city, officers stopping vehicles inside the city and checking IDs. All the stuff that somalia is too incompetent to do.

And then you have to look up the clan structure of AS which is majority Hawiye , darood, and RX. This is why al Shabab is still around they get support on a clan level people won’t snitch on their own fam

Hargeisa has the best security tbh definitely miles ahead of Somalia even Puntland Bosaso. When hargeisa got bombed in 08 Bosaso was bombed at the exact same time it was coordinated. Hargeisa took measures to make sure it never happens again while Bosaso still gets bombed yearly

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
No they can’t attack it again for a number of reasons. AS gets no support in SL like they do in Somalia on a clan structure. After the attack in 2008 SL implemented lots of security measures and they still do till this day. Road checkpoints outside the city, officers stopping vehicles inside the city and checking IDs. All the stuff that somalia is too incompetent to do.

And then you have to look up the clan structure of AS which is majority Hawiye , darood, and RX. This is why al Shabab is still around they get support on a clan level people won’t snitch on their own fam

Hargeisa has the best security tbh definitely miles ahead of Somalia even Puntland Bosaso. When hargeisa got bombed in 08 Bosaso was bombed at the exact same time it was coordinated. Hargeisa took measures to make sure it never happens again while Bosaso still gets bombed yearly

Bruh i went to hargeisa it ain't as impressive as you state it is. The security is not that great the checkpoint guards are always high on khat. Only rich neighbourhood's and high level buildings are secured. Believe the fact that the jeegan love to bribe their issues away. They don't only pay them i think they also support them.

Bruh i went to hargeisa it ain't as impressive as you state it is. The security is not that great the checkpoint guards are always high on khat. Only rich neighbourhood's and high level buildings are secured. Believe the fact that the jeegan love to bribe their issues away. They don't only pay them i think they also support them.

Of course I know everything you say is a lie because you have cuqdad. Every single vehicle in the city gets randomly stopped at some point. Every single car gets stopped at the checkpoints outside the city when they when they are driving to somewhere else , they check to see who’s inside and where you’re going then they lift the bar/ sometimes it’s a rope/ and after confirming where you’re going and who’s inside the vehicle you are allowed to pass.

This isn’t Mogadishu/ central - southern Somalia and Puntland where the checkpoint folks let vehicles with explosives through because they were too mirqaan.

Whatever you think doesn’t matter because you are low IQ. The facts and everything else has been laid out time and time again. Al Shabab is supported by Hawiye and darood and the most because that’s who finances them. They don’t find the same support in SL

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Of course I know everything you say is a lie because you have cuqdad. Every single vehicle in the city gets randomly stopped at some point. Every single car gets stopped at the checkpoint they check to see who’s inside and where you’re going then they lift the bar/ sometimes it’s a rope/ and after confirming where you’re going and who’s inside the vehicle you are allowed to pass.

This isn’t Mogadishu and Puntland where the checkpoint folks let vehicles with explosives through because they were too mirqaan.

Whatever you think doesn’t matter because you are low IQ. The facts and everything else has been laid out time and time again. Al Shabab is supported by Hawiye and darood and the most because that’s who finances them. They don’t find the same support in SL

Are you trying to convince me that me own eyes lied to me?

You are still delusional hargeisa ain't a secure paradise like that they pay up and shut up about it providing safety for their population.

Wallahi i don't get it why lie to others to portray the illusion that sl is the only hoa region that can curb it while Ethiopia kenya and other parts of Somalia can't. Does hargeisa have a intelligence service that nobody knows about?

Latest posts