HIV rate in Somalia

Wow peope always claim that west Africa is full of AIDS/HIV while Southern Africa is the huge problem
I think Eswatini has over a quarter of the population with that disease. Automatically we can assume all the natives have relatives that carry HIV, which is crazy. I wonder how they're doing under this virus.

I think Eswatini has over a quarter of the population with that disease. Automatically we can assume all the natives have relatives that carry HIV, which is crazy. I wonder how they're doing under this virus.
Eswatini? Ohhh you mean Swaziland yeah that’s mad uncomfortable and it’s crazy to even think about how it originated form Congo but Southern Africa has it bad

World

VIP
I’m ashamed of how high our HIV rate is compared to other Muslim countries, what is wrong with us? We Somalis really need to hold our heads down in embarrassment. :meleshame:

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Extremely religious countries have low rates of HIV, an example would be:
- Indonesia.
- Somalia
- Philippines
- Sudan.

Philippines even has one of the lowest in the world with a 0.1 %

Bosnia & Herzegovina (Huge Christian and Islamic country know for being extremely religious)

has the lowest HIV rate with a 0.009%
I swear bosniaks are more secular muslims.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I just looked that up too. I saw old maps where it looked like it was mainly prevalent in non-Muslim countries (propaganda?) yet now it looks like it's mainly concentrated in Southern Africa... why is that?
High rates of hiv has been linked with migrant workers from neighbouring southern African countries working in mines during the colonial period. Men had to leave their wives over long periods of time and resorted to extramarital affairs/increased demand in commercial sex work. That could explain why the rates are so much higher than east Africa. This article explains it more.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Kamaal Your laughter makes me uncomfortable.

1617208853205.png

Trending