Hijab vs No Hijab

Has anyone else noticed the difference in treatment you get when you wear hijab vs not wearing it. It's like night and day. People are way nicer when you're not wearing a scarf.

Cashiers will greet you properly, people will smile and are more willing to talk to you, and men are very nice. Versus when you wear hijab I swear people are ten times ruder. Cashiers will give you attitude or ignore you and men specifically will be more condescending and rude. This has really opened my eyes up to how us Muslim women are treated. This shit is unjust.

giphy.gif

I don't want to hear another word from a Muslim man judging us for not wearing a scarf :camby:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I look wayyyy better without my hijab but I haven't and would never take it off in public. I can imagine my treatment would be better but I don't get treated too bad at the moment so i'm pretty content.
Do you live in a cadaan area or?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Do what you want but all im saying is that if the only reason you not wearing the hijab is because you want other people to treat you better than you're thirsty for acceptance. Might as well not wear it anyways if you're looking for acceptance over deen

A better idea is to chase a bag and stack up your money. Let their blood boil at the fact that a muslim is making double what they make. And even if they do talk shit they will know deep down in their hearts that you're a superior person in every way

Last edited:
Why are you fishing for acceptance. If you're sure of yourself and you've accepted yourself thats all you need in life. This is deeper than your hijab. You missing something... *lifts shirt up just to give my abs a well earned rub*

Has anyone else noticed the difference in treatment you get when you wear hijab vs not wearing it. It's like night and day. People are way nicer when you're not wearing a scarf.

Cashiers will greet you properly, people will smile and are more willing to talk to you, and men are very nice. Versus when you wear hijab I swear people are ten times ruder. Cashiers will give you attitude or ignore you and men specifically will be more condescending and rude. This has really opened my eyes up to how us Muslim women are treated. This shit is unjust.

giphy.gif

I don't want to hear another word from a Muslim man judging us for not wearing a scarf :camby:

Because Muslim women wear the hijab, they’re one of the greatest targets for harassment. Islam is thought of as a violent religion. You will be treated better after you take the hijab off. I can understand why Xalimos would take it off. Your day to day life becomes simpler.

Last edited:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I look wayyyy better without my hijab but I haven't and would never take it off in public. I can imagine my treatment would be better but I don't get treated too bad at the moment so i'm pretty content.
I don't know about other guys' opinions, but I find girls who wear hijab 100 times more attractive than those who don't wear them.

Even if I'm married and am allowed to see her hair, I would prefer she wears a gabarsaar

Last edited:

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
The hijab is a symbol of Islam and because Muslim women wear it, they’re one of the greatest targets for harassment. Because of the way Islam is represented in the media, people think it’s a violent religion. You will treated better when you take off the hijab. Muslim women should be uplifted. They’re at risk daily.

I think robin wants to rationalize her desire to take off the hijab.
Why wear it if you're doing it for others and not something you believe in?
The transition will be difficult but people will get over it, they all do.

However if you do believe in the deen with all your heart then disregard my post.
Im sure you will cope with how people perceive you in time.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
@Robin

I agree sis, the difference in treatment is very obvious tbh. Made me appreciate the hijab more since it goes against my nature to be a people pleaser :lolbron:

Unfortunately I live among the yts. But I noticed this among other minorities too other than African Americans who are chill with Muslim women. God bless the AA community :friendhug:

You’ll probably notice a difference too if you were to ever take off your hijab.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby

giphy.gif

@Robin

I agree sis, the difference in treatment is very obvious tbh. Made me appreciate the hijab more since it goes against my nature to be a people pleaser :lolbron:
Because Muslim women wear the hijab, they’re one of the greatest targets for harassment. Islam is thought of as a violent religion. You will be treated better after you take the hijab off. I can understand why Xalimos would take it off. Your day to day life becomes simpler.

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that. "
Persevere ,life was not meant to be easy.

Men were ordered to lower their gaze and women were prescribed the hijab and both of those are getting more and more difficult to accomplish in world filled with immorality,one of the greatest societal illnesses,and sexual content at every corner.

I know it's hard{I know cause lowering your gaze isn't easy for many people and I can attest to that},but don't get caught up on how people treat you or the names they call you for sticking to your morals. This itself proves that you're mentally stronger than them.They tried their best to put you down but you always got back up.Moreover,I assure you that if they were put under the same societal presure Muslims were put in they would crack like an egg.

Last edited:
Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that. "
Persevere ,life was not meant to be easy.

Men were ordered to lower their gaze and women were prescribed the hijab and both of those are getting more and more difficult to accomplish in world filled with immorality,one of the greatest societal illnesses,and sexual content at every corner.

I know its hard{I know cause lowering your gaze isn't easy for many people and I can attest to that},but don't get caught up on how people treat you or the names they call you for sticking to your morals. This itself proves that you're mentally stronger than them.They tried their best to put you down but you always got back up.Moreover,I assure you that if they were put under the same societal presure Muslims were put in they would crack like an egg.
Sxb, I have no problems with keeping my hijab on laakin thanks for the reminder. I hope others benefit from it:)

Trending

Latest posts