Hero who fought with SSC and you’ll never guess his background

You are what your father is, that’s the dhaqan. I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is. This won’t be rewritten as long as the country runs on sharia.
Somalia doesnt run on sharia warya lmao we are a western puppet state that does what they tell us where in the sharia does it say you can have a parliament. No government is a sharia government without a King/Imaam/Caliph running it. enough larp

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalia doesnt run on sharia warya lmao we are a western puppet state that does what they tell us where in the sharia does it say you can have a parliament. No government is a sharia government without a King/Imaam/Caliph running it. enough larp

Wtf r U talking about their was never an Islamic state or empire as U need all Muslims under 1 ruler which ended after Ali. You can't self declare your the govt of Muslims as they have to endorse you all 1.8 billion of them across all sectarian, ethnic, tribal, language lines. Anyone can declare this and that doesn't mean it's true. Infact they are khawariij those who self declare.

It's pretty well accepted their no avg Muslim who will be able to unite 1.8 billion Muslims under 1 state only a Mahdi can do such task. The Avg Muslim dude today can't even unite his immediate family lol let alone extended family or tuulo.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Don't waste your breath, sis. Maternal linkages matter, especially when clans are not rivals. A caadi person has high regard for their mother. And would never utter anything off-colour about her or her clan. Only deranged ones do that. There are, however, people who would kill their maternal relatives in cold blood in the event they are on opposing sides of a conflict. I have seen exceptions, but the rule still stands. I would never advise a girl to marry from a hostile family or group as that would be challenging.
Maternal links matter, I would never hate on any Somali clan for the actions of a few individuals, I swear Somalis sometimes lack lateral thinking.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Maternal links matter, I would never hate on any Somali clan for the actions of a few individuals, I swear Somalis sometimes lack lateral thinking.
People’s upbringings and experiences shape their views. Everyone has biases. You aren’t dealing with tabula rasa. Even if you don’t know about clans, you will learn them from your experiences and what others tell you. Sometimes, these stereotypes are negative, and other times positive. Everyone generalizes, and this is a mental shortcut when overwhelmed with information. You might see exceptionalities but will likely defer to your default. The same could be said with how people see clans.

There are certain things I have pondered about Somalis.
  • If clan intermarriages rarely quell clan conflict.
  • If the children of women from rival clan unions were not allowed to participate in discussions on clan warfare.
  • That tells me there was a two-tier system, and paternal clan membership didn’t ensure all privileges, meaning the maternal clan background mattered in this instance.
  • I also wonder why exchange women with rivals as though they are something to be bartered? Also, this solution did not work.
  • Women cannot simultaneously be clan ambassadors and clanless. You have to choose.
  • Also, why create future liabilities that will attempt to kill their inabti’s clan or will be silenced by their inabti?
Think about it. From a militaristic stance, it doesn’t make sense to multiply someone you deem an enemy. Nor give them access to your kin. To me, it seems like short-term desires are trumping long-term interests. Their strategies failed, and they rarely engaged in self-examination. And then you wonder why some of the most rabid qabilists have a mother from a clan that they consider an opponent.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
People’s upbringings and experiences shape their views. Everyone has biases. You aren’t dealing with tabula rasa. Even if you don’t know about clans, you will learn them from your experiences and what others tell you. Sometimes, these stereotypes are negative, and other times positive. Everyone generalizes, and this is a mental shortcut when overwhelmed with information. You might see exceptionalities but will likely defer to your default. The same could be said with how people see clans.

• If the children of women from rival clan unions were not allowed to participate in discussions on clan warfare.
  • That tells me there was a two-tier system, and paternal clan membership didn’t ensure all privileges, meaning the maternal clan background mattered in this instance.
  • I also wonder why exchange women with rivals as though they are something to be bartered? Also, this solution did not work.
  • Women cannot simultaneously be clan ambassadors and clanless. You have to choose.
  • Also, why create future liabilities that will attempt to kill their inabti’s clan or will be silenced by their inabti?
Think about it. From a militaristic stance, it doesn’t make sense to multiply someone you deem an enemy. Nor give them access to your kin. To me, it seems like short-term desires are trumping long-term interests. Their strategies failed, and they rarely engaged in self-examination. And then you wonder why some of the most rabid qabilists have a mother from a clan that they consider an opponent.

Lol who said children of rival clans aren't included in the discussion table

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
They are excluded from those discussions. When their mother's clan is the one they are at war with. Don't take my word for it. Triangulate by asking other sources.

This fake, elders in Sanaag usually have mothers who aren't from their clan my Suldan mother and great grandmother is HY for example

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This fake, elders in Sanaag usually have mothers who aren't from their clan my Suldan mother and great grandmother is HY for example
And what does that have to do with what I said? :ftw9nwa: I'm not from Sanaag. And this doesn't make my point moot. I can corroborate with those in other regions. I've been in the Somali interweb long enough.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
And what does that have to do with what I said? :ftw9nwa: I'm not from Sanaag. And this doesn't make my point moot. I can corroborate with those in other regions. I've been in the Somali interweb long enough.
You said in general as in all Somalis, you're right in one thing the mixed ones have a spot soft for ther abtis

NidarNidar

Punisher

I never really thought about qabil since I was raised in the West so that could factor into my bias, my parents lost businesses and people in the 90's but they moved on from it, my father was a staunch supporter of SL due to the peace it brought back after the horrible events until the MOU.

I can't speak from experience since both my parents are Gadabursi and I wasn't raised back home, I wouldn't be surprised if such things still exist, I've always been closer to my maternal side.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I never really thought about qabil since I was raised in the West so that could factor into my bias, my parents lost businesses and people in the 90's but they moved on from it, my father was a staunch supporter of SL due to the peace it brought back after the horrible events until the MOU.

I can't speak from experience since both my parents are Gadabursi and I wasn't raised back home, I wouldn't be surprised if such things still exist, I've always been closer to my maternal side.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

Clans used to intermarry in order to secure greater safety for children and to gain access to that clan's grazing for your animals. A man who married a woman from clan A can expect to live in relative safety within clan A's territory (in times of peace). Somali culture had a huge taboo against killing: wadaads, inanlayaal (man living with his wife's tribe), and ergo nabadeed (peace party). These were the real taboos. All talk of birmageydo including women, children & old men is fake, total BS. The real birmageydo are wadaads, inanlayaals and ergo.

By marrying a woman from the neighboring clan you could get safety for yourself and your children in case of conflict. When war inevitably breaks out, the enemy clan will tell you to leave their land instead of killing you. Your children will also have lifelong connections (abtiyaal) they can call on if they are ever in a sticky situation. A lot of advantages.

Intermarrying with a neighboring clan has the drawback of reducing the clan's internal cohesion. Clans that are heavily intermarried find it difficult to wage all out conflict against each other.

The more i look back at my family tree the more i see inter-marriages between neighboring tribes. I guessed it served a much more tangible purpose back then, i don't see it happening as much anymore.

Not true, from what I recall, and SSC Hartis can stop me, the only non-Harti/Koombe and Daarood, that fought are people from that deegaan such as Madhiban, Fiqishini AND a few men with Dhulbahante mothers. No such thing as a random Somali joining the front-line, unless his mama was Dhulbahante.
I never realised what "habar wacasho" meant. Very interesting.

I never heard that maternal family is unimportant from Reer Mudug or my own family at all. It is the weird sexists on this forum who pretend mothers and women don't matter.

In my own family, I know of a case where an ancestor refused to go to war against his abtiyaal.
It is straight up weirdo sexism. How can people not identify with the people of their mother? Their Reer Abti? I’d lose my marbles if people came for them. Also a lot of sub tribes are named after the mothers clan to differentiate the different bahs. Like Habr this ect.

Don't waste your breath, sis. Maternal linkages matter, especially when clans are not rivals. A caadi person has high regard for their mother. And would never utter anything off-colour about her or her clan. Only deranged ones do that. There are, however, people who would kill their maternal relatives in cold blood in the event they are on opposing sides of a conflict. I have seen exceptions, but the rule still stands. I would never advise a girl to marry from a hostile family or group as that would be challenging.
Biggest issue with many Somali clans is: Today they love each other, tomorrow they hate each other. Especially, clans that border each other. But the issue is that most Somalis that marry out, marry clans who live in areas close to their qabil due to familiarity in terms of dialect and culture, but unfortunately border clans tend to be the ones that end up fighting your tribe. Hence, inter qabil marriages are a risk unless they’re from a completely different region that doesn’t have a history with your tribe. But in the age of social media in which people have become overly familiar with each other Somali tribes from the very North and ones from the very South are even engaging in FKD with each other. It’s an insanity. Some Somalis can be crazy.

Biggest issue with many Somali clans is: Today they love each other, tomorrow they hate each other. Especially, clans that border each other. But the issue is that most Somalis that marry out, marry clans who live in areas close to their qabil due to familiarity in terms of dialect and culture, but unfortunately border clans tend to be the ones that end up fighting your tribe. Hence, inter qabil marriages are a risk unless they’re from a completely different region that doesn’t have a history with your tribe. But in the age of social media in which people have become overly familiar with each other Somali tribes from the very North and ones from the very South are even engaging in FKD with each other. It’s an insanity. Some Somalis can be crazy.
Out of Curiosity Angelina, whats your tribe

Trending